Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    I can use DSD play without C-3PO plugin ?
    Sure, if you just want to convert DSD to PCM is probably the way to go.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    SB+, Klimo Merlino + Kent Gold, Monitor Audio Studio 20 Gold SE+, Klimo reference and DIS Interconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    Hi Mnyb, I have no options on the DSDplayer settings page, and also not on the Filetypes page.

I will try to fix the Audio::Scan version first, I have another thread opened for this here in the Forum.

Then I will try again DSDplayer, but I read somewhere it doesn't support ARM cpus, and it seems C-3PO can do the same, and even more..?
    If this comes down to the modified SOX, I will try and compare both.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Audioscan is used also by C-3PO, so it will not recognize DSD files with that old version.

I understand you could not select DSDPLAY as the transcoder, but do you see DSF and DFF types in the Filetypes page? If so, you could try to use modified SOX directly from the custom-convert.conf file, if not C-3PO.
    SB+, Klimo Merlino + Kent Gold, Monitor Audio Studio 20 Gold SE+, Klimo reference and DIS Interconnect.

Hi Marco,

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    Audioscan is used also by C-3PO, so it will not recognize DSD files with that old version.
    Fortunately this problem is solved now.

I understand you could not select DSDPLAY as the transcoder, but do you see DSF and DFF types in the Filetypes page? If so, you could try to use modified SOX directly from the custom-convert.conf file, if not C-3PO.
    Today I re-compiled the latest sox version, I have DFF and DSF in File Types and also I can use DSDplayer to transcode Dsf to Flac.
    However, I still have issues with buffering drop outs. DSDplayer gives me very few options which do not solve this issue.

I was not able yet to get C-3PO to do the job either. Maybe I should try to tweak the modified SOX directly from the custom-convert.conf file as you said...

It's a little bit frustrating, as all this went with zero issues in MinimServer.

Gerhard

Server: LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO. Players: SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

I was not able yet to get C-3PO to do the job either. Maybe I should try to tweak the modified SOX directly from the custom-convert.conf file as you said...
    At this point there should be no reason for C-3PO not to work, have you got some error message?

At this point there should be no reason for C-3PO not to work, have you got some error message?
    Let me try again this week and have a look at plugin C-3PO and player.source logs. I looked in UPnP bridge streaming logs but nothing special there.

Server: LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO. Players: SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

C-3PO plugin, a trnscoding helper.

You are right, itĺs working now, when I use dsf to compressed flac! Transcode to pcm produces white noise though. Will do further testing. Also have issues with Server Disconnects, but probably unrelated.
    I like how I can see the command line showing how sox is called in C-3PO.
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-11-10 at 04:40.

Transcode to pcm produces white noise though.
    Remember that in order to play transcoded/resampled pcm you need squeezelite with R2 patch activated (Squeezelite-R2, Daphile or Ralphy squeezelite with -W option activated), no 'real' SB could.

Remember that in order to play transcoded/resampled pcm you need squeezelite with R2 patch activated (Squeezelite-R2, Daphile or Ralphy squeezelite with -W option activated), no 'real' SB could.
    Ok. But what about the UPnP bridge plugin then?

Ok. But what about the UPnP bridge plugin then?
    I think it's a Squeezelite derived, born well before I released the R2 patch, so Ithink is not compliant. You maybe could ask Philippe44 to refresh and include that patch.

Hello.

I tried installing C3PO to my LMS7.9.1 on my QNAP TS-469L (atom based) server. I also replaced the sox file in the relevant directory with either sox-dsd-linux-gnu-i386+alsa or sox-dsd-linux-gnu-i386 (renaming them to sox and changing permission to be consistent with the rest of the files in the directory).

The reason for me wanting to install C3PO is that while my Sotm SMS-100 running squeezelite apparently can pass through DSD, my DAC can't decode them (up to 192 only), and I would like to transcode the occasional DSD files to 176 PCM.

Checking into the settings page, it says under version: "Either not a valid version or can't run sox". On the file type page, only DSDplay is available as a choice for DSD files. Playing normal rez flac (which I've set to transcode to PCM before installing C3PO) doesn't seem to work, so I suppose I really have the wrong sox on. BTW, the Squeezelite on the SMS-100 is apparently not an R2 version and I have no idea if it is possible to fix.

What am I missing? Thanks.
    Last edited by eduardoo; 2017-11-13 at 23:18.