Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    streamwhatyouhear.com - will do exactly what you are asking for - make sure you opt for PCM/WAV output and just point LMS via Tune in URL
    Wow, all my wishes just came true... I have it running now, simple yes.

There seems to be a clash between using SWYH and the Golden Records recording software, but thats no big deal, I just have to terminate SWYH before I want to record. THANKS SO MUCH!
    ---------------------------
    http://markcathcart.com/about

Running a ReadyNAS NVX LMS Server, currently 7.9.0; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage).
    Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Squeeze Ctrl app on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by cathcam View Post
    Wow, all my wishes just came true... I have it running now, simple yes.

There seems to be a clash between using SWYH and the Golden Records recording software, but thats no big deal, I just have to terminate SWYH before I want to record. THANKS SO MUCH!
    No problem

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

I use Vinyl Studio form Alpinesoft for the vinyl rip. I don't think it conflicts but it may be a config thing.

Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

PS save the URL as a favourite

Hi..i am a new user here. In my case i have all the physical components and I use a Behringer UCA202 hoked up to a tape loop to digitise my vinyl to FLAC using a Windows laptop and some software called VinylStudio. It does what your solution does and converts whatever hits the sound card into an MP3 or WAV/PCM stream that you can tune in to with LMS. I have used it recently in an experimental mode to stream Amazon Music to LMS.

pcb+assembly
    Last edited by LemPyle; 2016-10-18 at 14:37.

Quote Originally Posted by LemPyle View Post
    Hi..i am a new user here. In my case i have all the physical components and I use a Behringer UCA202 hoked up to a tape loop to digitise my vinyl to FLAC using a Windows laptop and some software called VinylStudio. It does what your solution does and converts whatever hits the sound card into an MP3 or WAV/PCM stream that you can tune in to with LMS. I have used it recently in an experimental mode to stream Amazon Music to LMS.
    VinylStudio doesn't create a stream. It records input intially to WAV, allows you to split it, tag it and save in whatever formats you want or to burn an Audio CD

To stream the sound cards input (whatever that may be) you need something like "streamwhatyouhear". It may be that you can also run VinylStudio at the same time to "rip" your vinyl while you listen but I have never felt the need to try that.

If I am wrong and Alpinesoft have added the functionality to VinylStudio then I will be very very happy but they haven't.

Elsewhere I talk explicitly about streaming Amazon Prime to LMS using streamwhatyouhear. It is the only Windows based solution I have ever found. Trust me I have looked a lot.

High end streaming with liquidsoap now works

I finally found enough time to optimize my raspberry pi project, and - bingo - now I can stream my records on-the-fly in lossless FLAC to my squeezeboxes.
    If you are interested, you can find the full instructions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmo View Post
    I finally found enough time to optimize my raspberry pi project, and - bingo - now I can stream my records on-the-fly in lossless FLAC to my squeezeboxes.
    Great! Thanks!
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Matmo View Post
    Does not seem to work with latest raspbian jesse.
    Throws an error in /etc/liquidsoap/phono.liq
    Line 3, char 6: Empty token!

Will investigate when I get a chance
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Does not seem to work with latest raspbian jesse.
    Throws an error in /etc/liquidsoap/phono.liq
    Line 3, char 6: Empty token!

Will investigate when I get a chance
    Same here. If (like me) you copied and pasted the contents of phono.liq as posted in the instructions, check for any rogue characters. I replaced all the quotation marks (") and this solved the Empty token! error. I then started getting parse error warnings instead. After further trial and error changes to the file I'm no longer getting parse errors, but I am getting '... Alsa.Device_busy'.

Now I'm a bit lost!