Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I am interested. Please post when you have the Pi image.

As mentioned I have all the physical components and I use a Behringer UCA202 hoked up to a tape loop to digitise my vinyl to FLAC using a Windows laptop and some software called VinylStudio.

You got me thinking and I am going to try installing http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/ on said laptop. It does what your solution does and converts whatever hits the sound card into an MP3 or WAV/PCM stream that you can tune in to with LMS. I have used it recently in an experimental mode to stream Amazon Music to LMS.

I am thinking I can probably digitise my vinyl and stream it at the same time.
    This is also a great alternative to the wave input plugin. And it does not require a windows pc.
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Hibon View Post
    This is also a great alternative to the wave input plugin. And it does not require a windows pc.
    Nor does it require to be located next to the server.
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I am thinking I can probably digitise my vinyl and stream it at the same time.
    That actually works easily with any Internet Radio recording software. On my Mac I use XStreamripper. Just point it to the Raspberry Pi's Phono stream and press "record" while you are listening to the record over your Squeezebox(es).

It is a little bit like in the old days when I used to copy records with a tape deck

Quote Originally Posted by Matmo View Post
    That actually works easily with any Internet Radio recording software. On my Mac I use XStreamripper. Just point it to the Raspberry Pi's Phono stream and press "record" while you are listening to the record over your Squeezebox(es).

It is a little bit like in the old days when I used to copy records with a tape deck
    That would be great indeed.
    But question is: at what quality levels are we recording? If I understood things correctly, the stream generated by the application on the pi is mp3.
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Hibon View Post
    That would be great indeed.
    But question is: at what quality levels are we recording? If I understood things correctly, the stream generated by the application on the pi is mp3.
    It is mp3 whereas the Windows software streamwhatyourhear.com produces a PCM/WAV stream.
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

At the moment it is MP3 at 320kbps

Darkice does not support lossless formats, so I need to switch to Liquidsoap. I have been playing around with FLAC, but was not successful so far. First, I want to get the image right ...

320 kBps is perfectly fine for listening to stuff but if you want to document and record/store the stuff a lossless format with built in checksums like flac is to prefer .
    Its a very cool solution to get whole house vinyl as it is , great
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Simple Windows Setup

I ended up here as this is exactly what I'd like to do.

I have a Windows PC that is attached to my home music system and TV. It already runs Squeezeplay and has a USB input from a Stanton Turntable for converting Vinyl to MP3/FLAC and storing them on the ReadyNAS that I use as an LMS.

I was hoping to find a simple solution that I could run on the existing PC, that would take the USB input sound, create a stream that the LMS could play. Any ideas?
    ---------------------------
    http://about.me/markcathcart

Running a ReadyNAS NVX LMS Server, Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1423154751; Squeezebox Touch, 2x Squeezebox Boom, Squeezebox Radio and a Squeezebox Classic(currently unused).
    Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 7 and Windows 10; user of OrangeSqueeze on Android.

Latency

What is your latency with this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by cathcam View Post
    I ended up here as this is exactly what I'd like to do.

I have a Windows PC that is attached to my home music system and TV. It already runs Squeezeplay and has a USB input from a Stanton Turntable for converting Vinyl to MP3/FLAC and storing them on the ReadyNAS that I use as an LMS.

I was hoping to find a simple solution that I could run on the existing PC, that would take the USB input sound, create a stream that the LMS could play. Any ideas?
    streamwhatyouhear.com - will do exactly what you are asking for - make sure you opt for PCM/WAV output and just point LMS via Tune in URL