Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by jmalin74 View Post
    Same here. If (like me) you copied and pasted the contents of phono.liq as posted in the instructions, check for any rogue characters. I replaced all the quotation marks (") and this solved the Empty token! error. I then started getting parse error warnings instead. After further trial and error changes to the file I'm no longer getting parse errors, but I am getting '... Alsa.Device_busy'.

Now I'm a bit lost!
    Two causes I could think off. Your alsa device is indeed opened or used by another application. Then you would have to stop this one, before you try to startup liquidsoap.
    Another cause could be that your alsa device has a different name. Mine is hw1, but it could also be hw3 or hw0 in your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmo View Post
    Two causes I could think off. Your alsa device is indeed opened or used by another application. Then you would have to stop this one, before you try to startup liquidsoap.
    Another cause could be that your alsa device has a different name. Mine is hw1, but it could also be hw3 or hw0 in your setup.
    Thank you Matmo. I have double checked with 'arecord -l' and my alsa device is definitely hw:1. I'm trying to set this up on a fresh installation and am not aware of another application that could be using it. Having said that, last night i unplugged the capture device (UFO202) for a few minutes before rebooting and plugging back in. Liquidsoap seems to run fine now with no errors in the log file, but I haven't yet been able to tune into the stream ('...not found'). I will have another look at it when I have more time.

I found some copy-over bugs in the phono.liq script that I just fixed. Pls have a look, that might solve your problem. Always make sure that you clean your actual script from any garbage characters that might originate from the Wordpress HTML.

Quote Originally Posted by Matmo View Post
    I found some copy-over bugs in the phono.liq script that I just fixed. Pls have a look, that might solve your problem. Always make sure that you clean your actual script from any garbage characters that might originate from the Wordpress HTML.
    Finally got this working!

I had put together my own phono.liq script using yours as guidance with reference to the links posted beneath your instructions - I wanted to understand the contents and building it line by line helped with this. Consequently I avoided problems with the copy-over bugs. Still not sure exactly what the problem was but in the end I completely removed Icecast2 (purge) and reinstalled with a password which I then added to phono.liq and ... success!

Thanks for the instructions Matmo. I must confess I was very happy with my previous Darkice/Icecast mp3 setup, but this is a definite improvement

Quote Originally Posted by jmalin74 View Post
    Finally got this working!

I had put together my own phono.liq script using yours as guidance with reference to the links posted beneath your instructions - I wanted to understand the contents and building it line by line helped with this. Consequently I avoided problems with the copy-over bugs. Still not sure exactly what the problem was but in the end I completely removed Icecast2 (purge) and reinstalled with a password which I then added to phono.liq and ... success!

Thanks for the instructions Matmo. I must confess I was very happy with my previous Darkice/Icecast mp3 setup, but this is a definite improvement

Great, congrats! I also find the sound from the FLAC stream much better than the previous 320Kbit MP3. And - in my setup at least - the signal delay is still okay with around 5 sec.

I am going to have a go at building this shortly but before I do can you advise
    1) what sort of lag you get ? Is it short enough to get to the needle up quickly enough ?
    2) can you record the input to wav at the same time for later editing elsewhere?
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Wow. I got liquidsoap and icecast working fairly easily!!!

Now. How to simultaneously record my vinyl to wav for later conversion to FLAC? Alsa's inbuilt arecord should work but how to issue the stop, start commands from an iPhone?

I have got the Pi connected with a UAC202 into the tape loop of my Amp. As well as a Turntable I also have a CD player and an old iPhone plugged into it. This will probably be sufficient for the very occasional time I want to play something from Google Play or Amazon Music.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng