Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Line inputs

Line inputs

Hellow,

I'm new here, end I have a few questions.

I'm use LMS my configuration, now is the lMS server running on my synology end i'm use raspberry pi as player.
    The software thats run om my raspberry is picorplayer end its work fine.

New the question is i want create line input to my raspberry and i want to control the volumes in LMS.

sample i want connect my audio volume from my tv or, cdplayer to LMS and can send the audio to other rooms. is this possible??

thx for helping my.
    (I know my english is not so good sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Waveinput only works for line-input on the server not the player - in this case server is synology and user wants to use inputs of player Raspberry Pi

User needs to use something like vlc to create a http mp3 stream from line input and then LMS players can play the mp3 stream.

If pulseaudio is available on synology (I doubt it) then an alternative would be to use pulseaudio to route line input audio from Pi to Synology and then Waveinput will work as audio source will appear to be on Synology/server.

Any use of networks to route audio through LMS will cause delays of about 0.5 to possibly 20 secs so if use wants audio to sync with video - it won't happen.
    Last edited by bpa; 2016-02-20 at 09:24.

gues,

I dont want i wave input in want a hardware line input for connect i audio hardware to lms end control the audio volume from the input.

Quote Originally Posted by loxpi View Post
    gues,

I dont want i wave input in want a hardware line input for connect i audio hardware to lms end control the audio volume from the input.
    WaveInput is the name of the plugin that takes the analog audio input from the line input and converts into a WAV audio stream.

If you don't want to take the analogue audio signal output from TV/CDplayer and which is connected to analogue audio line input/microphone input of a PC which then has to be converted into a digital signal to be sent to LMS - you need to explain your requirements bettter - perhaps with a diagram.

Wav input can give an hardware input at the computer where the server resides .

Input from the player never seen that it does not currently exist "impossible" is not the word it's just not done by anyone . A Pi migth have a usable input besides its outputs . But then its the jobb if getting some software to record it5 back to the LMS server so it can serve up the audio to the players .

Besides as LMS and squeezeboxes are greared as network audio players and have to cope with wifi networks and the internet etc the buffers in various places at the system is so large that Picture to audio is sync is not really possible. We are talking 10-30 seconds of lag . You can with some coding skills maybe file that down but on a typical AV reciever we adjust in the range of 50-300ms thats something else .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    WaveInput is the name of the plugin that takes the analog audio input from the line input and converts into a WAV audio stream.

If you don't want to take the analogue audio signal output from TV/CDplayer and which is connected to analogue audio line input/microphone input of a PC which then has to be converted into a digital signal to be sent to LMS - you need to explain your requirements bettter - perhaps with a diagram.
    Nixe thx. But can LMS control mor then 1 input control ? and send to different players?

1/2 the answer you can play anything almost anything in the LMS server at more than one player (excpetions are some plugins for some services ) .

So one stream to more than one player , yes . A wavinput stream to some players while the other players do local files or radio yes .

Multiple wave inputs inputs ? i dont know
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html