Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Did it work previously or is this a new player that you just got?
    Old one, it normally works, but have seen this before. Cant remember if i restarted the server the last time, or it just worked again

Quote Originally Posted by woodster View Post
    Old one, it normally works, but have seen this before. Cant remember if i restarted the server the last time, or it just worked again
    Does it worry again, i.e was it a single event or it does not work anymore
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Does it worry again, i.e was it a single event or it does not work anymore
    I tried rebooting the speaker, that didnt do anything. A restart of the squeezebox server did the trick.
    Forgot to test if some of the other airplay playes worked before doing the restart... will check that next time it occurs.

I tried rebooting the speaker, that didnt do anything. A restart of the squeezebox server did the trick.
    Forgot to test if some of the other airplay playes worked before doing the restart... will check that next time it occurs.
    I found a small issue that might explain that volume is not anymore applied when the bridge has been up & running for a very long time
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

I found a small issue that might explain that volume is not anymore applied when the bridge has been up & running for a very long time
    Great... for sure my instance had been running for a long time.
    What was wrong?

Great... for sure my instance had been running for a long time.
    What was wrong?
    There is a filtering for the volume feedback loop (commands coming from AirPlay remotes) to avoid unstable conditions between LMS commands and AirPlay commands and that uses a 32 bits timer. The unsigned 32 bits arithmetic was wrong and when a 32 bits cycling occured, LMS volume commands were always filtered out.

There is a filtering for the volume feedback loop (commands coming from AirPlay remotes) to avoid unstable conditions between LMS commands and AirPlay commands and that uses a 32 bits timer. The unsigned 32 bits arithmetic was wrong and when a 32 bits cycling occured, LMS volume commands were always filtered out.
    Good find, any idea how long it should have been running to end up in the case?

Good find, any idea how long it should have been running to end up in the case?
    It's a ms counter, so that makes a rollover every 1200 days I think. But it's linked to timeoftheday (depending on platform), so it does to start at 0 and the issue can be much sooner

It's a ms counter, so that makes a rollover every 1200 days I think. But it's linked to timeoftheday (depending on platform), so it does to start at 0 and the issue can be much sooner
    Might have seen it two or three times, will update tomorrow end test.

Phillippe,

I've got a question: would it be possible to somehow identify the players you create with your bridge plugins?
    Especially the AirPlay Bridge players?
    A good way would be to use a different "ModelName" instead of "SqueezeLite", e.g. "AirPlayBridge" or something.

The reason I'm asking is that I now had several requests from confused users who use AirPlayBridge and alls PiCorePlayer or Max2Play players with ShairPort enabled.
    They will see their players twice - once the native SqueezeLite running on the player and then the AirPlay bridged player.
    Both usually have the same name and both identify as "SqueezeLite" which really makes it hard to tell them apart.

Any chance?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch