Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

MIPS version of squeeze2raop

Hi Philippe, hi All

Huge fan of this LMS plugin

I know one can execute the squeeze2raop binary on another computer in the same network as the one where LMS is running.

I know there are arm, OSX and windows version which can be run separately, but is there a MIPS version which could run on a router (RT-AC66U) ?

Is it possible to create one?

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by papypaprika View Post
    Hi Philippe, hi All

Huge fan of this LMS plugin

I know one can execute the squeeze2raop binary on another computer in the same network as the one where LMS is running.

I know there are arm, OSX and windows version which can be run separately, but is there a MIPS version which could run on a router (RT-AC66U) ?

Is it possible to create one?

Thank you !
    Thanks for the kind words, always appreciated. For a MIPS version, it's probably going to be pretty complicated. It depends of the endianness chosen on the router and, even more complicated, what OS is running.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, always appreciated. For a MIPS version, it's probably going to be pretty complicated. It depends of the endianness chosen on the router and, even more complicated, what OS is running.
    Alright, thank you for answering anyway!

0.3.0.0 with new synchronization

Quote Originally Posted by GatuRatz View Post
    Hi philippe,

I will stay with 0.2.3.0.1 meanwhile ;-)
    Here it is still active.
    How can I avoid updating or downgrading it without blocking updates of other plugins?
    Can I force a plugin to install or to keep installed to a certain revision?

Thanks and br
    GatuRatz
    okay, so I pulled a few more hairs and decided to review my sync system to match strictly what is observed on iTtunes. It works for me on all players, but please bear in mind that sync is the most delicate thing to do for that bridge (when being an AirPlay controller, you control time and bound the players to what you want, but here I'm controlled by LMS and need to translate that control to AirPlay devices ...)

Feedback welcome
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

okay, so I pulled a few more hairs and decided to review my sync system to match strictly what is observed on iTtunes. It works for me on all players, but please bear in mind that sync is the most delicate thing to do for that bridge (when being an AirPlay controller, you control time and bound the players to what you want, but here I'm controlled by LMS and need to translate that control to AirPlay devices ...)

Feedback welcome
    Hi philippe,

at least for the GGMM-E5 it works fine and I tried it with the Android-App "Airplayer", that one also works (I had to lower the buffer to get it in sync and to set encrypt=yes)
    I do not have Iphones or other original Airplay devices to test.

GatuRatz

Hi philippe,

at least for the GGMM-E5 it works fine and I tried it with the Android-App "Airplayer", that one also works (I had to lower the buffer to get it in sync and to set encrypt=yes)
    I do not have Iphones or other original Airplay devices to test.

GatuRatz
    Good - The ideal buffer is 1000 (1 sec). I still have a mind boggling issue with the remote control part of the E5. It's the only one of all the players that does not work with the remote controller server I've added ... hours trying to understand why

I am using 200ms buffer now for the E5 (for the Airplayer also but I do not really need the Airplayer, I got it only for testing purposes), I did not try yet whether with the new version I can rise it again (I have to go to work now...).
    About controlling the E5: When I change the volume on it, LMS is not aware of this. But LMS can control its volume.
    I can also control the device through fhem, but fhem controls it through LMS.
    The GGMM-E5 has a linkplay module inside and this has it own simple API, I have posted the link before.

Which kind of remote control do you want to use?

Br
    GatuRatz

ANNOUNCE: AirPlay Bridge = integrate AirPlay devices with LMS (squeeze2raop)

I am using 200ms buffer now for the E5 (for the Airplayer also but I do not really need the Airplayer, I got it only for testing purposes), I did not try yet whether with the new version I can rise it again (I have to go to work now...).
    About controlling the E5: When I change the volume on it, LMS is not aware of this. But LMS can control its volume.
    I can also control the device through fhem, but fhem controls it through LMS.
    The GGMM-E5 has a linkplay module inside and this has it own simple API, I have posted the link before.

Which kind of remote control do you want to use?

Br
    GatuRatz
    Yes, I'm referring to the buttons on the E5 (volume, play, next). It should control LMS, I developped the code for that and it works with all other AirPlay devices I've tested (AirPort express, WX-010, ShairPortW, Marantz NR1603). But the E5 is able to control iTunes & iPhone, so the problem is on my side. Still, the E5 is a very picky device
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2017-05-22 at 22:47.

Good - The ideal buffer is 1000 (1 sec). I still have a mind boggling issue with the remote control part of the E5. It's the only one of all the players that does not work with the remote controller server I've added ... hours trying to understand why
    I have the impression that with this new version sync between the E5 and the native LMS-devices got better, even using the 1000ms buffer.
    Now I can pause and unpause without problems.
    But as always in electronics... timing issues are difficult to investigate, tomorrow it can be different, I will continue observing and on any change of opinion I will report.

Can I help to debug the remote control issue?
    I am not a software expert, my profesional focus is rather hardware, but sometime a different focus can be helpfull...

Br
    GatuRatz

Address Already In Use Error - No Airplay Devices Found

Brilliant work on this, and apologies if I miss obvious details; first-time post. I have a librelelec system on an x86-64 platform simultaneously running Kodi, LMS, and Squeezelite, behaving perfectly. When I attempted to run sq2r via the Plugins panel in LMS, only the x86-64-static version would run, but no devices would be detected. I attempted to run sq2r manually to see what I could learn, and am seeing an error "recv bind(): Address already in use" My exact command and responses pasted below, and behavior is exactly the same via version 0.3.0.0.1. Any thoughts? Thanks in-advance for the consideration.

# /storage/downloads/lms/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/Bin/squeeze2raop-x86-64-static -i test.txt
    [22:46:44.568998] main:1318 Starting squeeze2raop version: v0.2.2.4 (Apr 29 2017 @ 10:34:09)

[22:46:44.570206] main:1321

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERROR LOADING CONFIG FILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recv bind(): Address already in use
    [22:46:45.572552] main:1430 stopping squeelite devices ...
    [22:46:45.572662] main:1432 stopping Raop devices ...
    [22:46:46.572303] main:1434 all done