Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Hi Marco - I do not support the use of a password and the CLI is required for the plugin to work (command line interface). There is no workaround, LMS must be w/o password if you want to use this bridge. A bit of advice here, if you want to expose your LMS to the internet, I strongly advise you rely on something else than LMS password which is not a secure method. I assume that you forward/expose LMS ports 3483/9000 publicly. I really recommend you don't do that, instead create a secure way (VPN, SSH tunnel) to access your network and only expose strongly encrypted and authenticated doors.

see here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...o-the-internet!
    Hi Philippe,

thank you for your kind reply. I understand ... thought the LMS password protection would be secure enough. On the other side I also don't like to directly expose ports except services which do not run through my web proxy, and are not least on a https connection. Currently I'm using VPN connections to my servers at home for that and I'll stay with it

I've got access to the web interface via a protected https access via my web access proxy (unfortunately iPeng can't deal with that) and for players access I'll stay on the VPN connections. Again: The Airplay Bridge and LMS works like a charm and I'm super happy with it! It's very hard to find i.e. an AVR receiver where you can configure custom internet radio streams and now I just need AirPlay capability and have a great remote control, too.

Have a great weekend!

Another Noobie with AirPlay Bridge

I'm trying to integrate two Logitech Squeezeboxes with recently purchased Marantz NR1608 AVR, Riva Festival and Riva Arena wireless speakers. I have LMS and iTunes running on a Synology DS216+II NAS. Squeeze2Raop seems like the perfect solution for me.

Since it appears the LMS Squeeze2Raop plugin won't work on a Synology NAS, I downloaded the Windows version. Norton 360 identifies the .EXE as a threat and blocks access to the network. I know how to work around this issue, but I'm reluctant to do so. I feel like I'm between a rock and hard place :-).
    --------------------------------------------------
    Squeezebox Duet, ReadyNAS Duo v1
    Amps: McIntosh MC2600, Pioneer SPEC4, NAD 7140 (x2)
    Pre-Amps: McIntosh AVR Control Center, Soundcraftsman SP 4001
    Speakers: DCM TimeWindow 3, JBL Century L100, Boston L1000, Polk LC 80i
    Other stuff: Rodec Mixer, McIntosh Tuner, McIntosh CD, Teac X10R Reel-to-Real, Techniques SL-1600MK2 Turntable, dbx 3BX, dbx 224, multiple AudioEngine AW1, and too many other assorted things

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I'm trying to integrate two Logitech Squeezeboxes with recently purchased Marantz NR1608 AVR, Riva Festival and Riva Arena wireless speakers. I have LMS and iTunes running on a Synology DS216+II NAS. Squeeze2Raop seems like the perfect solution for me.

Since it appears the LMS Squeeze2Raop plugin won't work on a Synology NAS, I downloaded the Windows version. Norton 360 identifies the .EXE as a threat and blocks access to the network. I know how to work around this issue, but I'm reluctant to do so. I feel like I'm between a rock and hard place :-).
    I don't know what criteria Norton is using, does it tell? The application needs to open some ports to listen to and wait for connections, but nothing else (I'm not big brother and all the code is available). I've never had a virus problem on my network and all the code that is not mine is from large used projects. Other than that, I don't know how to reinsure you. You can of course rebuild everything but that's (very) complicated
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I don't know what criteria Norton is using, does it tell? The application needs to open some ports to listen to and wait for connections, but nothing else (I'm not big brother and all the code is available). I've never had a virus problem on my network and all the code that is not mine is from large used projects. Other than that, I don't know how to reinsure you. You can of course rebuild everything but that's (very) complicated
    First, thanks for the prompt response. I'll give it a go.

[Added the following}
    To make this work, do I have to install LMS on my local computer or can keep LMS on my Sonology NAS and somehow make this all work. I love the idea of not having to keep any of my computer's running to use LMS.
    Last edited by oldschool; Yesterday at 11:58. Reason: Added another question
    Other stuff: Rodec Mixer, McIntosh Tuner, McIntosh CD, Teac X10R Reel-to-Real, Techniques SL-1600MK2 Turntable, dbx 3BX, dbx 224, multiple AudioEngine AW1, and too many other assorted things

First, thanks for the prompt response. I'll give it a go.

[Added the following}
    To make this work, do I have to install LMS on my local computer or can keep LMS on my Sonology NAS and somehow make this all work. I love the idea of not having to keep any of my computer's running to use LMS.
    You do not need LMS on a computer, you just need the "squeze2raop-xxx" application (xxx = your OS) to run somewhere. You'll have to create a configuration file manually then, although you can wteak the parameters you want using the LMS on your Windows machine and then just copy this file.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

You do not need LMS on a computer, you just need the "squeze2raop-xxx" application (xxx = your OS) to run somewhere. You'll have to create a configuration file manually then, although you can wteak the parameters you want using the LMS on your Windows machine and then just copy this file.
    I finally got squeze2raop-win to run and create a config.xlm file with my AirPlay devices listed. I open iTunes AirPlay cannot see my Squeezeboxs; I open LMS on my Sonology NAS and cannot see the Airplay bridge. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

I finally got squeze2raop-win to run and create a config.xlm file with my AirPlay devices listed. I open iTunes AirPlay cannot see my Squeezeboxs; I open LMS on my Sonology NAS and cannot see the Airplay bridge. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    If you move it, you must re-enable firewall exception for this program. You can also post here (or PM me) the config file and the log

If you move it, you must re-enable firewall exception for this program. You can also post here (or PM me) the config file and the log
    Things are looking good. I can now see my two squeezeboxes and my Riva speakers in the LMS interface. I also can see my Marantz NR 1608 AVR. This is awesome. Now to sync them all to see what happens.

Thanks much you help.

Hi

It's me again with my Xiaomi speaker. I installed your plugin on my windows server, authorize firewall and I see my speaker (OpenWrt).

Songs seems to work but no sound from the speaker.

Any idea why ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If I start the win.exe the command line said something like there's no config file.

But on LMS it seems.ok and I can open the XML.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk