Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 602
  1. #481
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10

    Spotify no sound

    After 2 weeks of trying I need you guys for help. I have no sound with Spotify. I'm out off options.

    I have my squeezebox (LMS) service on my Qnap, mostly for radio and Spotify (through Spotify protocol handler + spotify msb app). Worked for years. The version was 7.7.2. I know about de furnability why Qnap isn't servicing it anymore in de QPG store. Until 3 weeks ago this was stable. Since then unfortunately my squeezeboxes lost connection to the service multiple times a day. Quick fix was tot stop en start the service on my Qnap with SSOTS (requires login to server). Had to do this several times a day. It annoyed me. So I went for:

    - upgraded my Qnap to QTS 4.2.4 (latest firmware)
    - the upgrade to 7.9 Nightly. It took me some time, but it worked! LMS is now on squeezeboxserver-7.9.1-1489654024. Unfortunately still no luck: my squeezeboxes are still losing connection and I have no sound on Spotify. Still not stable.

    Then Spotify. Active plugins for Spotify: Spotify protocol handler (Helper App: Not Running...) and Spotify msb app (all credentials correct in msb and in plugin). Triode plugin inactive. On squeezebox everything works as it should: Spotify browsing works, able to start songs, but still no sound. Internetradio sound does work. Anybody? I worked down all the info in this thread, still no luck. It worked for years...

    Additional data:
    - Squuzebox Duet en Radio
    - Qnap TS 239II Pro (Intel)

    From SSOTS:
    System
    Hard-/Firmware : QNAP TurboStation TS-239PROII / 4.2.4 build 20170313
    Load / Uptime : 0.82 0.60 0.32 / 4d 22.29:55 (179% idle)
    Memory -- Swap : 890/997 MB (shr: 0, buf: 267, cache: 142, rss: 481) -- 283/518 MB
    SqueezeboxServer
    Version : 7.9.1-1489654024
    Process status : PID 6457, state S (sleeping)
    Memory usage : 85 MB total, 73 MB (86%) RSS
    Uptime : 00:38, 00:06 (15.7%) CPU time
    Database size : 17M and 2.6M persistent and 2.2G artwork
    SSOTS/SBS flags: autostart noupnp port9001 en_GB.UTF-8
    SC custom files: ssods.conf

    From Server log (it is there hunderds of times):
    0308: [17-03-16 22:29:12.5837] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base:laylistEntryIsValid (125) Warning: file:///share/Multimedia/Muziek/spotify:track:64hfMy6ufygqndgfpDYW1C found in playlist:
    0307: file:///opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs/clientplaylist_00042017772d.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
    Last edited by Glods; 2017-03-19 at 12:29.

  2. #482
    Sounds like what happens when I don't turn my VPN off. Did you recently start using a VPN? If so, see if Spotify works when you turn it off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glods View Post
    After 2 weeks of trying I need you guys for help. I have no sound with Spotify. I'm out off options.

    I have my squeezebox (LMS) service on my Qnap, mostly for radio and Spotify (through Spotify protocol handler + spotify msb app). Worked for years. The version was 7.7.2. I know about de furnability why Qnap isn't servicing it anymore in de QPG store. Until 3 weeks ago this was stable. Since then unfortunately my squeezeboxes lost connection to the service multiple times a day. Quick fix was tot stop en start the service on my Qnap with SSOTS (requires login to server). Had to do this several times a day. It annoyed me. So I went for:

    - upgraded my Qnap to QTS 4.2.4 (latest firmware)
    - the upgrade to 7.9 Nightly. It took me some time, but it worked! LMS is now on squeezeboxserver-7.9.1-1489654024. Unfortunately still no luck: my squeezeboxes are still losing connection and I have no sound on Spotify. Still not stable.

    Then Spotify. Active plugins for Spotify: Spotify protocol handler (Helper App: Not Running...) and Spotify msb app (all credentials correct in msb and in plugin). Triode plugin inactive. On squeezebox everything works as it should: Spotify browsing works, able to start songs, but still no sound. Internetradio sound does work. Anybody? I worked down all the info in this thread, still no luck. It worked for years...

    Additional data:
    - Squuzebox Duet en Radio
    - Qnap TS 239II Pro (Intel)

    From SSOTS:
    System
    Hard-/Firmware : QNAP TurboStation TS-239PROII / 4.2.4 build 20170313
    Load / Uptime : 0.82 0.60 0.32 / 4d 22.29:55 (179% idle)
    Memory -- Swap : 890/997 MB (shr: 0, buf: 267, cache: 142, rss: 481) -- 283/518 MB
    SqueezeboxServer
    Version : 7.9.1-1489654024
    Process status : PID 6457, state S (sleeping)
    Memory usage : 85 MB total, 73 MB (86%) RSS
    Uptime : 00:38, 00:06 (15.7%) CPU time
    Database size : 17M and 2.6M persistent and 2.2G artwork
    SSOTS/SBS flags: autostart noupnp port9001 en_GB.UTF-8
    SC custom files: ssods.conf

    From Server log (it is there hunderds of times):
    0308: [17-03-16 22:29:12.5837] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base:laylistEntryIsValid (125) Warning: file:///share/Multimedia/Muziek/spotify:track:64hfMy6ufygqndgfpDYW1C found in playlist:
    0307: file:///opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs/clientplaylist_00042017772d.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!

  3. #483
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,800

    [Announce] Spotify Protocol Handler -play Spotify on all your Squeezeboxen

    > Then Spotify. Active plugins for Spotify: Spotify protocol handler
    > (Helper App: Not Running...)


    Try to re-enter your username/password.


    --

    Michael

  4. #484
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by stovis View Post
    Sounds like what happens when I don't turn my VPN off. Did you recently start using a VPN? If so, see if Spotify works when you turn it off.
    Thanks for the tip! I don't use VPN but will check it tonight. Just to be sure.

  5. #485
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Then Spotify. Active plugins for Spotify: Spotify protocol handler
    > (Helper App: Not Running...)


    Try to re-enter your username/password.


    --

    Michael
    Thanks. Do you mean in the plug-in settings of the handler?

  6. #486
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,800

    [Announce] Spotify Protocol Handler -play Spotify on all your Squeezeboxen

    >> Try to re-enter your username/password.
    >
    > Thanks. Do you mean in the plug-in settings of the handler?


    Yes: as you quoted the helper application is not running. This often is
    due to problems with the credentials entered or temporary networking issues.

    --

    Michael

  7. #487
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Nope, no luck. Tried entering my credentials in de handler plugin settings and on msb. All went wel, nevertheless still no sound on my Squeezeboxes, neither through my LMS nor msb. Browsing Spotify still works, internetradio OK, playing music on my Qnap OK. I also checked the VPN setting on my Qnap: not active as I aspected. Any more clues?

    Small detail: my squeezebox service was still running stable today .

    Server log: http://bit.ly/2nfwkCq
    Last edited by Glods; 2017-03-20 at 12:44.

  8. #488
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    To soon: Squeezeserver crashed

    Version : 7.9.1-1489654024
    Process status : not running (crashed as PID 6457)
    Database size : 17M and 2.6M persistent and 2.2G artwork
    SSOTS/SBS flags: autostart noupnp port9001 en_GB.UTF-8
    SC custom files: ssods.conf

  9. #489
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,800

    [Announce] Spotify Protocol Handler -play Spotify on all your Squeezeboxen

    > Database size : 17M and 2.6M persistent and 2.2G artwork

    Not that I'd think this has anything to do with Spotify. But the artwork
    cache file seems by far too big to me. You don't have the Gallery plugin
    enabled without your knowing?

    --

    Michael

  10. #490
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Glods View Post
    Nope, no luck. Tried entering my credentials in de handler plugin settings and on msb. All went wel, nevertheless still no sound on my Squeezeboxes, neither through my LMS nor msb. Browsing Spotify still works, internetradio OK, playing music on my Qnap OK. I also checked the VPN setting on my Qnap: not active as I aspected. Any more clues?

    Small detail: my squeezebox service was still running stable today .

    Server log: http://bit.ly/2nfwkCq

    I think the problem lies here

    0980:
    /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/S
    potifyProtocolHandler/Bin/i386-linux/spotifydnoflac: /lib/libc.so.6: version
    `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /share/MD0DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServ
    er/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SpotifyProtocolHandler/Bin/i386-linux/libspotify.so.12)

    I (and a lot of others) have given up with running LMS on a Qnap and use a rpi3, pointing LMS at the NAS for the music files.

    If you can, I would recommend this option to you, you can also search the long SSots thread for Glib_2.7.


    ronnie


    Edit: the attached file might (I say might, because I collected it a long time ago and can't really remember much about it) be useful. Use at your own discretion and responsibility, or ignore it all together
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-03-20 at 15:38.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •