Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks Ralphy

A ton of information, right to te point. I will use all of it, except the IR codes for the remotes, I had to scan my own .

Now I have got 2 sets in my living room;
    The first with all pcp has to offer ( Squeezelite, LMS, Samba, local storage , Jivelite and touch screen )
    And the second one with just squeezelite.
    Both have an IR receiver and I use them in synchonized play mode mostly.

However when I used the touch screen to start the second player only ( jivelite choose player etc ) , the IR receiver acted for the second player.
    Volume worked pointing to either player for the second one.
    And the touch screen even showed the volume actions in a popup graphic, when its receiver was used with the remote.

My question is : How does the communication work from the first IR receiver to the second player?

I checked /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    It starts : /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite > /dev/null 2>&1

Greetz M-H

Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    My question is : How does the communication work from the first IR receiver to the second player?
    They are passed through the server.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

lircrc doesn't work

Hello,
    I have now a piCorePlayer on the input of an old receiver running and I'd like to control them with the remote from this receiver. So my plan is to control with the remote the pi and with the pi also the receiver with a script.
    I have recorded all remote buttons and created a lircrc file.
    Now my problem:
    The Pi reacts only to the keys which has the original naming (e.g. KEY_POWER) but not to the new mapping which is defined in the lircrc file.
    Is a Play/Pause toggle possible?

Has someone any ideas?

And I have also a general question: Are there more commands planned? (e.g shuffle, repeat,...?)

bastelfreak

Quote Originally Posted by bastelfreak View Post
    Hello,
    I have now a piCorePlayer on the input of an old receiver running and I'd like to control them with the remote from this receiver. So my plan is to control with the remote the pi and with the pi also the receiver with a script.
    I have recorded all remote buttons and created a lircrc file.
    Now my problem:
    The Pi reacts only to the keys which has the original naming (e.g. KEY_POWER) but not to the new mapping which is defined in the lircrc file.

Has someone any ideas?

And I have also a general question: Are there more commands planned? (e.g shuffle, repeat,...?)

bastelfreak
    Are you using Jivelite ? or just squeezelite ?
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Hi,
    I'm using only squeezelite.

bastelfreak

Hi,
    I'm using only squeezelite.

bastelfreak
    Then you need to provide lircd.conf and lircrc

Name:  2017-08-20 21_32_35-pCP - LIRC.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  14.1 KB
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320

Hello,
    Now my problem:
    You have to tell squeezelite where the lircrc file is http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post845048

Yes, that's how the KEY_PAUSE works in LMS.
    When using a slimdevices remote with squeezelite the STOP command works by holding the KEY_PAUSE for a few seconds. I've never been able to get the hold function to work with lircrc mappings.

These are only supported with jivelite. There's no way to know which of the 3 modes these features are in without some sort of feedback.

You can find the available keys and commands supported in squeezelite at the top of the ir.c source file.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You have to tell squeezelite where the lircrc file is http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post845048
    I have added the lircrc file via the function in the tweaks/lirc at the beginning. This didn't help.

Now I have added manually the file under the path /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircrc and reboot the picoreplayer.
    But the pCP still reacts to the original mapping not to the new one.

I think I change now the lircd.conf file to the original mapping. Hopefully it will working.

Enter key?

hi

I've spent this evening getting my head around the way lirc works in PCP. All going well now with an old Microsoft IR USB receiver. I'm using a programmable remote, so emulating a SB3 remote, adding in the discrete power codes - very nice. The only thing stumping me is .... when using a grid in Jivelite, what's the key for enter? How do I select something?

Ta

Pete S

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    hi

I've spent this evening getting my head around the way lirc works in PCP. All going well now with an old Microsoft IR USB receiver. I'm using a programmable remote, so emulating a SB3 remote, adding in the discrete power codes - very nice. The only thing stumping me is .... when using a grid in Jivelite, what's the key for enter? How do I select something?

Ta

Pete S
    I think this is the one that stumped me, the real SB3 remote does not have an enter key so some screens on the grid skin can not be used.
    I went back to the joggler skin myself