Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 95
  1. #31
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by spt58 View Post
    In the end I managed to figure it out after a bit of trial and error. irexec process wasn't running by default which is why irexec commands weren't working. When I manually ran irexec from the command line (pointing it to the .lircrc config file) it magically worked. So I added irexec /home/tc/.lircrc to user commands to make sure it is running upon boot up.
    hi spt58,

    No its still on the list of things todo, so thanks for your tip will make it easier.

    regards
    Greg

  2. #32
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hi Ralphy,

    Has this jivelite made it into Pcp 3.00 ?

    The key repeat seems fast on lirc on Pcp 3.00 (It might just be me)

    Jeff
    Yes, the jivelite currently availabe for download via the pcp web gui includes the keyboard repeat change, the new clock applet with word clock and the picoreplayer settings menu.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Yes, the jivelite currently availabe for download via the pcp web gui includes the keyboard repeat change, the new clock applet with word clock and the picoreplayer settings menu.
    Thanks Ralphy

    Must just be me !

    Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

    Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi spt58,

    No its still on the list of things todo, so thanks for your tip will make it easier.

    regards
    Greg
    No problem - happy to help a great project

  5. #35
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    My second problem is, that the "Pause" function is not working reliably.
    I use Picoreplayer 2.05 and have updated to the latest squeezelite version 1.8.4-762.
    But to get get the player paused I have to push the IR commander many times.
    All other functions are working rock solid.
    Have anyone an idea whats gonna happend with the PAUSE command?
    The squeezelite lirc slimdevices remote pause key issue should be fixed. Short press pauses and long press stops the player.

    If you are still using picoreplayer 2.0x, then you'll need to update the lirc.tcz and lirc.tcz.md5.txt files in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional from github and reboot.

    For picoreplayer 3.0, disable lirc and reboot, reenable lirc to install the newer package.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    23
    Hi

    I'm having real issues installing lirc headless on PiCorePlayer 2.05. I've followed the instructions but cannot run lircd

    Added dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=25 to config.txt

    Downloaded to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz.md5.txt
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz.md5.txt
    libcofi.tcz
    lirc.tcz.dep
    lirc.tcz.md5.txt

    I've got Shairport-sync installed so haven't addded:
    libcofi.tcz
    libcofi.md5.tcz

    Added lirc.tcz to the end of /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst

    Added /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 to UserTweaks

    Added -i to the Various input field on the Squeezelite settings page.

    It just doesn't seem to install? /usr/local/sbin/lircd doesn't even exist after a reboot.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks

  7. #37
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by spt58 View Post
    Hi

    I'm having real issues installing lirc headless on PiCorePlayer 2.05. I've followed the instructions but cannot run lircd

    Added dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=25 to config.txt

    Downloaded to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz.md5.txt
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz.md5.txt
    libcofi.tcz
    lirc.tcz.dep
    lirc.tcz.md5.txt

    I've got Shairport-sync installed so haven't addded:
    libcofi.tcz
    libcofi.md5.tcz

    Added lirc.tcz to the end of /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst

    Added /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 to UserTweaks

    Added -i to the Various input field on the Squeezelite settings page.

    It just doesn't seem to install? /usr/local/sbin/lircd doesn't even exist after a reboot.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks
    I did have this all working and found no real issues but have since upgraded to Pcp 3.01 so cannot really help.

    My advice would be to move to Pcp 3.01 (clean install only) as lirc is installable from the GUI and works fine with the standard sb3 remote
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

    Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I did have this all working and found no real issues but have since upgraded to Pcp 3.01 so cannot really help.

    My advice would be to move to Pcp 3.01 (clean install only) as lirc is installable from the GUI and works fine with the standard sb3 remote
    Thanks. I did have it working on 3, but having some issues with PCP 3+ and audio popping on synced players at the moment. As they work fine on 2.05 I was hoping to get IR working.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by spt58 View Post
    Thanks. I did have it working on 3, but having some issues with PCP 3+ and audio popping on synced players at the moment. As they work fine on 2.05 I was hoping to get IR working.
    Ahhh OK

    I did read you post re syncing and did try syncing my 3 Pcp 3.01's but did not suffer any of your stuttering issues but forgot to post !

    I do remember that I did copy libcofi.tcz libcofi.md5.tcz on the 2.05 systems though

    Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

    Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

  10. #40
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Ahhh OK

    I did read you post re syncing and did try syncing my 3 Pcp 3.01's but did not suffer any of your stuttering issues but forgot to post !

    I do remember that I did copy libcofi.tcz libcofi.md5.tcz on the 2.05 systems though

    Jeff
    I used a script on my main server to install lirc, here it is if it it is of any use, $@ is the passed pcp hostname :-
    Code:
    ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub tc@$@
    scp /storage/Masters/PicoreplayerStuff/Lirc/i* tc@$@:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional
    scp /storage/Masters/PicoreplayerStuff/Lirc/lib* tc@$@:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional
    scp /storage/Masters/PicoreplayerStuff/Lirc/lirc.* tc@$@:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional
    scp /storage/Masters/PicoreplayerStuff/Lirc/lircd-jivelite tc@$@:/home/tc/
    
    ssh tc@$@ "sudo echo 'usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf' >> /opt/.filetool.lst"
    ssh tc@$@ "sudo echo 'lirc.tcz' >> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst"
    ssh tc@$@ "mount /dev/mmcblk0p1;sudo echo 'dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=25' >> /mnt/mmcblk0p1/config.txt"
    ssh tc@$@ "sudo mv /home/tc/lircd-jivelite /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
    ssh tc@$@ "umount /dev/mmcblk0p1;sudo /usr/bin/filetool.sh -b;sudo /sbin/reboot"
    
    echo "Remember to add '/usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput' to user command 1 !!!"
    Contents of /storage/Masters/Picoreplayerstuff/Lirc is :-
    Code:
    irda-4.1.13-piCore+.tcz
    irda-4.1.13-piCore+.tcz.md5.txt
    irda-4.1.13-piCore_v7+.tcz
    irda-4.1.13-piCore_v7+.tcz.md5.txt
    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.md5.tcz.txt
    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.md5.tcz.txt
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz
    libcofi.tcz
    libcofi.tcz.md5.txt
    lircd-jivelite
    lirc.tcz
    lirc.tcz.dep
    lirc.tcz.md5.txt
    Hope this helps

    Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2016-08-30 at 15:40. Reason: Corrected filelist
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

    Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •