Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've finally managed to track down the ir remote buttons repeating almost immediately.

Using the --uinput option with lircd makes the ir remote appear as a keyboard to jivelite. Jivelite was setting the sdl keyboard driver delay before keys repeat to 100ms. I've changed it to the default half second. Unfortunately, the change requires a new jivelite build.

You still need to have the remote key repeat setup correctly as described in post #4

There's a test jivelite tcz on the picoreplayer beta files area for you to try.

Code:
    pcp bu  # save pcp config

cd /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

wget -O jivelite.tcz.md5.txt http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz.md5.txt

wget -O jivelite.tcz http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz

md5sum jivelite.tcz # make sure the file downloaded correctly
    64a958204f1f6a719f9aaa80e7356f68  jivelite.tcz

cat jivelite.tcz.md5.txt # does it match the line above?

pcp rb  # you must reboot!
    If you receive the message wget: download timed out, just rerun the wget command(s) that failed. I've been getting a lot of errors from SF lately.
    Works great when using jivelite with FLirc as well

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Works great when using jivelite with FLirc as well

Jeff
    Yes, I forgot to mention that the flirc was also helped by the change.

Thanks for confirming.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hello,

I followed the instruction step by step an got the Squeezebox remote to work.
    Thank you Ralphy!

One thing I did find is that I needed to restart squeezelite after a reboot. I assume this means lircd needs to be started before squeezelite?
    Yes I also have to restart squeezelite after a reboot. The problem is, I shutting down Picoreplayer every time when it is not in use.
    And I dont won't restart squeezelite manual after each reboot.
    Is it possible to start squeezelite automatic after lirc?

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Hello,

I followed the instruction step by step an got the Squeezebox remote to work.
    Thank you Ralphy!

Yes I also have to restart squeezelite after a reboot. The problem is, I shutting down Picoreplayer every time when it is not in use.
    And I dont won't restart squeezelite manual after each reboot.
    Is it possible to start squeezelite automatic after lirc?
    hi piPlayer,

We hope to include the lirc stuff in the next version of piCorePlayer so your issue will be solved in the future.

But in the meantime, add "/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite restart" to User command#3 on the [Tweaks] page. That might work

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi piPlayer,

We hope to include the lirc stuff in the next version of piCorePlayer so your issue will be solved in the future.

But in the meantime, add "/usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite restart" to User command#3 on the [Tweaks] page. That might work

regards
    Greg
    Just to let you know that I do not have to do anything special at all on my systems. I just added the files and the lirc start command in USER 1 cmd

Rasp Pi 2/3
    Pcp 2.06 and 2.05
    HifiBerry Dac +
    Jivelite and Ralphys ffmpeg squeezelite

Jeff
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320

I have have tried it an it works fine. Thank you Greg!

To have the Pause action work reliably, you need to be running squeezelite v1.8.1-704 or higher.
    My second problem is, that the "Pause" function is not working reliably.
    I use Picoreplayer 2.05 and have updated to the latest squeezelite version 1.8.4-762.
    But to get get the player paused I have to push the IR commander many times.
    All other functions are working rock solid.
    Have anyone an idea whats gonna happend with the PAUSE command?
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2016-07-29 at 00:25.

Hello Ralph,
    first of all thanks for making LIRC finally possible on pcp!!!

My question concerns sending IR, which I just activated and tested successfully, despite a little lag in audio output (I'm using ALSA for now, I suppose this should improve using I2S instead).

Is there any way to make IR commands available through http calls?
    Just an explaination about a typical use in my setup: The squeezebox alarm is triggered, the amplifier is powered (RF socket), the amplifier is turned on (IR command), the playlist is restarted etc..., after 30 minutes from alarm the curtains are opened (IR command). These actions are triggered via bash scripts on LMS server except IR which is sent via the Squeezebox Controllers in each room.

I'm using Controllers to send IR both manually and via http calls with the wonderful applet SqueezeIR (IRoIP feature).
    The only problem with SB Controllers is that they need to be placed and powered appropriately to work, so I'd like to move to lirc on pcp to send my IR commands remotely and be able to turn on/off the amplifier more reliably.

Any suggestion about how adding a custom web page to trigger an IR lirc command via http call?
    I did it easily on raspbian but pcp is far more complex.

Thanks again and have a nice day,
    Virginio

May I suggest to add this to the readme file in github? I spent quite some time turning around until I found this recommendation of yours on the forum...

Edit: I just realized that I can script remote commands via SSH and they work fine. The http solution might be interesting though...
    Last edited by virx71; 2016-08-12 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi ralphy,

I have been trying to get the remote to work via irexec rather than squeezelite. I would like to be able to control piCorePlayer directly, rather than go thru squeezelite or jivelite.

Anyway, I copied .lircrc to my home directory and changed POWER_DOWN to irexec and shutdown. I initially tried echo command for testing but could not work out exactly where the output would go. I unsuccessfully tried outputting to the console and the ssh terminal window.

The funny thing is, if I use the "ircat irexec" and "ircat squeezelite" I get the right command shown on screen but the SHUTDOWN button always does then squeezelite command rather than the irexec command no matter what.

I am guessing that the default directory for the ".lircrc" may be different depending on application or I am doing something stupid.

regards
    Greg
    Hi Greg

Did you ever manage to get irexec to work? I'm trying a similar thing e.g.:

prog = irexec
    config = echo "playlist play radio" | nc server 9090

I can see the command if I run ircat irexec and press the button however it doesn't doing anything. Running the command manually works and plays the radio playlist.

Many thanks

In the end I managed to figure it out after a bit of trial and error. irexec process wasn't running by default which is why irexec commands weren't working. When I manually ran irexec from the command line (pointing it to the .lircrc config file) it magically worked. So I added irexec /home/tc/.lircrc to user commands to make sure it is running upon boot up.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've finally managed to track down the ir remote buttons repeating almost immediately.

Using the --uinput option with lircd makes the ir remote appear as a keyboard to jivelite. Jivelite was setting the sdl keyboard driver delay before keys repeat to 100ms. I've changed it to the default half second. Unfortunately, the change requires a new jivelite build.

You still need to have the remote key repeat setup correctly as described in post #4

There's a test jivelite tcz on the picoreplayer beta files area for you to try.

Code:
    pcp bu  # save pcp config

cd /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

wget -O jivelite.tcz.md5.txt http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz.md5.txt

wget -O jivelite.tcz http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz

md5sum jivelite.tcz # make sure the file downloaded correctly

cat jivelite.tcz.md5.txt # does it match the line above?

pcp rb  # you must reboot!
    If you receive the message wget: download timed out, just rerun the wget command(s) that failed. I've been getting a lot of errors from SF lately.

Hi Ralphy,

Has this jivelite made it into Pcp 3.00 ?

The key repeat seems fast on lirc on Pcp 3.00 (It might just be me)

Jeff