Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ralphy-
    Followed your instructions, and got this working with JiveLite. It seems to perform much better than my FLIRC dongle! The FLIRC was sitting behind the screen, so that may have been part of the problem, but the IR receiver using lirc just seems much more responsive.
    Some of the instructions were a little confusing. To modify the config.txt, I ended up removing my SD card, and editing using my PC. I was also somewhat confused on how to get the /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf setup. I created both a lirc and a lirc/lircd.conf directory. Somewhere the lircd.conf directory was replace by the lircd.conf file, but it was populated with the squeezelite (or piCorePlayer) controls. I then pasted the jivelite control settings into this file to get the JiveLite controls to work.
    It is working well with my Touch IR remote, with one nit: buttons seem too responsive - example, when "right" selecting a menu item, it often jumps two menus. I suspect there's a way to "slow down" the key repeat rate?
    I'd like to configure for a different remote - if it's successful, I'll see about sending you the config file to add to the repository.

THANKS! Looking forward to seeing this implemented in future releases of pCP - (although I can imagine it's less straight-forward - most cases require some soldering to access GPIO when using HATs, and various GPIO options). For simplicity, I chose to use the same GPIO as you - there was no contention with the HiFiBerry DAC+.

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Ralphy-
    Followed your instructions, and got this working with JiveLite. It seems to perform much better than my FLIRC dongle! The FLIRC was sitting behind the screen, so that may have been part of the problem, but the IR receiver using lirc just seems much more responsive.
    Some of the instructions were a little confusing. To modify the config.txt, I ended up removing my SD card, and editing using my PC. I was also somewhat confused on how to get the /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf setup. I created both a lirc and a lirc/lircd.conf directory. Somewhere the lircd.conf directory was replace by the lircd.conf file, but it was populated with the squeezelite (or piCorePlayer) controls. I then pasted the jivelite control settings into this file to get the JiveLite controls to work.
    It is working well with my Touch IR remote, with one nit: buttons seem too responsive - example, when "right" selecting a menu item, it often jumps two menus. I suspect there's a way to "slow down" the key repeat rate?
    I'd like to configure for a different remote - if it's successful, I'll see about sending you the config file to add to the repository.

THANKS! Looking forward to seeing this implemented in future releases of pCP - (although I can imagine it's less straight-forward - most cases require some soldering to access GPIO when using HATs, and various GPIO options). For simplicity, I chose to use the same GPIO as you - there was no contention with the HiFiBerry DAC+.
    Sorry for the confusion. Quite often my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts and things get missed.

The initial /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf is created from /usr/local/share/lirc/files when lirc.tcz is installed and is for a headless squeezelite with slimdevices remote. You should not have needed to create /usr/local/etc/lirc. This may be broken. I haven't tested a lirc setup from scratch in a while.

If you create/modify /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf then you need to add usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf to /opt/.filetool.lst and backup pcp config to prevent the file being overwritten on reboot.

The jivelite configuration files are not included in the tcz ATM and needs to downloaded from github.

You can try incrementing suppress_repeat in lircd.conf by 1 and testing that value for a while, if you still get repeats too fast, +1 again, repeat.

You can use sudo kill -HUP pid of lircd to force a configuration reload without having to restart the daemon or reboot.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hi Ralphy,

I'm assuming that this procedure will not work on Pcp 2.04 as I have tried it and it didn't seem to work.

Is this down to the later kernel in Pcp2.04 ?

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hi Ralphy,

I'm assuming that this procedure will not work on Pcp 2.04 as I have tried it and it didn't seem to work.

Is this down to the later kernel in Pcp2.04 ?

Jeff
    LIRC works fine with 2.04.

You need to copy irda-4.1.20-piCore* from github into the optional folder.

Sorry, I committed these yesterday but forgot to push them to github. Also updated the README.md
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    LIRC works fine with 2.04.

You need to copy irda-4.1.20-piCore* from github into the optional folder.

Sorry, I committed these yesterday but forgot to push them to github. Also updated the README.md
    Thanks Ralphy,

I did look for updated irda files but did not find them. I'll give it a try later on. Thanks Again

Jeff

All working now, thanks Ralphy

Jeff

Any news on when you will integrate IR support into picoreplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi sckramer,

No, it's not there yet. We are working on it!! Maybe pCP2.04 or pCP2.05.

regards
    Greg
    So, I just found this thread about adding IR support. I just moved my picoreplayer to the main stereo so adding IR support would be very handy indeed.

Are you close to integrating IR support into picoreplayer? If yes, I can wait a while. If not, I'll manually install.

I can install and test any test builds with ir support if that would be of help.

Thanks.

I've finally managed to track down the ir remote buttons repeating almost immediately.

Using the --uinput option with lircd makes the ir remote appear as a keyboard to jivelite. Jivelite was setting the sdl keyboard driver delay before keys repeat to 100ms. I've changed it to the default half second. Unfortunately, the change requires a new jivelite build.

You still need to have the remote key repeat setup correctly as described in post #4

There's a test jivelite tcz on the picoreplayer beta files area for you to try.

Code:
    pcp bu  # save pcp config

cd /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

wget -O jivelite.tcz.md5.txt http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz.md5.txt

wget -O jivelite.tcz http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz

md5sum jivelite.tcz # make sure the file downloaded correctly
    64a958204f1f6a719f9aaa80e7356f68  jivelite.tcz

cat jivelite.tcz.md5.txt # does it match the line above?

pcp rb  # you must reboot!
    If you receive the message wget: download timed out, just rerun the wget command(s) that failed. I've been getting a lot of errors from SF lately.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've finally managed to track down the ir remote buttons repeating almost immediately.

Using the --uinput option with lircd makes the ir remote appear as a keyboard to jivelite. Jivelite was setting the sdl keyboard driver delay before keys repeat to 100ms. I've changed it to the default half second. Unfortunately, the change requires a new jivelite build.

You still need to have the remote key repeat setup correctly as described in post #4

There's a test jivelite tcz on the picoreplayer beta files area for you to try.

Code:
    pcp bu  # save pcp config

cd /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

wget -O jivelite.tcz.md5.txt http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz.md5.txt

wget -O jivelite.tcz http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/picoreplayer/beta/jivelite_touch.tcz

md5sum jivelite.tcz # make sure the file downloaded correctly

cat jivelite.tcz.md5.txt # does it match the line above?

pcp rb  # you must reboot!
    If you receive the message wget: download timed out, just rerun the wget command(s) that failed. I've been getting a lot of errors from SF lately.
    Hi Ralphy,

Thanks !

I guess you did quite a bit of testing to get the delay right, it is responsive but not too quick.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Zounder1 View Post
    So, I just found this thread about adding IR support. I just moved my picoreplayer to the main stereo so adding IR support would be very handy indeed.

Are you close to integrating IR support into picoreplayer? If yes, I can wait a while. If not, I'll manually install.

I can install and test any test builds with ir support if that would be of help.

Thanks.
    hi Zounder1,

Sorry, I just saw your post.

We are still working on implementing IR into piCorePlayer. So it will be weeks if not longer before it appears.

regards
    Greg