Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spt58 View Post
    Hi

I'm having real issues installing lirc headless on PiCorePlayer 2.05. I've followed the instructions but cannot run lircd

Added dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=25 to config.txt

Downloaded to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional

irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore+.tcz.md5.txt
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz
    irda-4.1.20-piCore_v7+.tcz.md5.txt
    libcofi.tcz
    lirc.tcz.dep
    lirc.tcz.md5.txt

I've got Shairport-sync installed so haven't addded:
    libcofi.tcz
    libcofi.md5.tcz

Added lirc.tcz to the end of /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst

Added /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 to UserTweaks

Added -i to the Various input field on the Squeezelite settings page.

It just doesn't seem to install? /usr/local/sbin/lircd doesn't even exist after a reboot.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    hi spt58,

Two points that may help.

1. Double check the kernel matches 4.1.20
    2. Make sure squeezelite is started after lircd (add a restart squeezelite command to User command #3.

regards
    Greg

Hi Jeff / Greg

Many thanks for your help - but unfortunately I still could not get it to work.

In the end I downgraded Squeezelite to v1.8.4-720 on v3.00 which has stopped my skipping/popping with synced players, and I have IR working again in 3.00 so all good!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The squeezelite lirc slimdevices remote pause key issue should be fixed. Short press pauses and long press stops the player.

If you are still using picoreplayer 2.0x, then you'll need to update the lirc.tcz and lirc.tcz.md5.txt files in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional from github and reboot.

For picoreplayer 3.0, disable lirc and reboot, reenable lirc to install the newer package.
    Hello Raphy,

that's good news. I will test it in the near future.
    Thank you for your work.

Best regards
    PiPlayer

I have already tested it and it works well.

Thanks again Ralphy!

lirc for sending ir Commands

Dear ralphy,
    I like the Projekt very much, thanks for your work. I'm looking for some advice concerning lirc. Even with the help of the information on the site github-site (I'm not allowed to enter the link)I was not able to use an own lircd.conf. I was able to read the output of a remote on the piCorePlayer (piCorePlayer v3.02). I managed to create a lircd.conf.

I didn't test this file with an IR receiver, since I would like to use some irsend commands to switch on the amplifier etc.
    I'm not able get an output by an IR-LED. The LED itself is OK. Trying " irsend SEND_ONCE Slim_Devices_Squeezebox3 KEY_POWER" no output can be detected, since I dont Know which gpioto use. Tying the Name of my Remite "irsend SEND_ONCE MD83480 KEY_POWER" I get an "unknown remote" reply, even with the standard configuration

The mentioned config.txt in your Manual ist in the folder "/mnt/mmcblk0p1". Is it possib÷le to get some help regarding this problem. Might be interesting for other users as well. Since the pi could do the jobin priinciple, there is no need for an additional esp8266.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Hi dielutzis,

I think you will need to edit config.txt manually to assign the out gpio unless you decide to use the default value.

Code:
    $ m1
    $ c1
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1$ cd overlays
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1/overlays$ less README
    Scroll down...

Code:
    With DT enabled,
    this becomes a line in config.txt:

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

This causes the file /boot/overlays/lirc-rpi-overlay.dtb to be loaded. By
    default it will use GPIOs 17 (out) and 18 (in), but this can be modified using
    DT parameters:

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=13
    piCorePlayer only handles the IR receiver setup.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi dielutzis,

I think you will need to edit config.txt manually to assign the out gpio unless you decide to use the default value.

Code:
    $ m1
    $ c1
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1$ cd overlays
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1/overlays$ less README
    Scroll down...

Code:
    With DT enabled,
    this becomes a line in config.txt:

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

This causes the file /boot/overlays/lirc-rpi-overlay.dtb to be loaded. By
    default it will use GPIOs 17 (out) and 18 (in), but this can be modified using
    DT parameters:

dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=13
    piCorePlayer only handles the IR receiver setup.

regards
    Greg

Dear Greg,
    thank you for your reply. I still haven't solved my problem, however I managed to proceed some steps with your help. I'll list the steps and problems.
    Problems:
    1. I had a look into ralphy's Readme File
    2. I tried to edit the config.txt file in /mnt/mmcblk0p1/, but the folder was empty.
    3. I tried to replace the lird.conf as mentioned but the file was overwritten after reboot or the remote was not recognised by irsend

New insights:
    1. your commands m1 and c1 via putty had the effect, that the config.txt appeared, I was able to edit the file with WinSCP
    2. a way to replace the lircd.conf is putting the new file into the tmp folder and install it as custom via the tweak/lirc page via the webserver
    3. irsend SEND_ONCE MD83480 KEY_POWER, irsend SEND_ONCE MD83480 KEY_AUX were saved as startup commands on the tweak page
    4. irsend SEND_ONCE MD83480 KEY_POWER commands work via putty and as the startup scripts after booting, my amplifier is switched on by the pi (picoreplayer) after switching a 433MHZ power-plug with the pi attached to it and the amplifier switches to AUX (an "IR LED" is attached to GPIO 22, I've also tried 17, configuration of the gpio ist done as you said in the config.txt, I've tried that before registering to the forum, that didn't work due to the fact, that I could't find the file in the folder)
    5. No the following situation is found: irsend is working, but ther is NO Audio output anymore, sometimes even the player is not recognised by the Squeeze App for android. LMS and APP indicate that music is played, however there is no audio output via the amplifer, which could be heared before using lirc for irsend and attaching the remote.
    6. Sound stops working after using the IR LED in some way, Reboot does not help (by the way: changin Lirc out gpio via the lirc page deletes the edited gpio_out parameter in config.txt)

I've tried that on two pis, a pi B+ and a pi B with two different SDcards. Somehow the lirc action or attaching the remote is interfering with the piCorePlayer. The word remote is chosen quite right, since I attached an old remote control, soldered 5V and GND to the battery contacts and a signal pin to the LED contact. May be, there is some interference. However, I've used that thing for more than a year with a pi and raspbmc, there were no problems.

I've no idea what the problem is but may be thats just as stupid as not finding the config.txt due to the fact, that I'm not good in linux rights and commands concerning files, folders and permissions.

By the way in the latest piCore version entering "setup" in the CLI causes an "illegal Option +" as feedback. So it is necessary to use eth0 for configuration and the webinterface. May be I missed an important point again.

Any feedback and help would be fine, otherwise I'll try to use an esp8266 WLANChip as an IR LED controller.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

What DAC are you using ?

Is the DAC using any of the io's you're trying to use ?

2. I tried to edit the config.txt file in /mnt/mmcblk0p1/, but the folder was empty.
    I would be, it is on an unmounted partition, the command m1 mounts it. (mount /dev/mmcblk0p1) c1 then changes directory to the mountpint (cd /mnt/mmcblkop1) you can then edit it.

(by the way: changin Lirc out gpio via the lirc page deletes the edited gpio_out parameter in config.txt)
    It would, the lirc page in the GUI is for the IR receiver not transmitter and it mounts,edits and saves the changes to config.txt

3. I tried to replace the lird.conf as mentioned but the file was overwritten after reboot or the remote was not recognised by irsend
    I think I had this problem with lirc before it was mainstream, if I can remember what I did wrong I'll post.

Perseverence and I'm sure you'll get there !
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2016-10-11 at 14:42.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

hi dielutzis

You need to do a backup after changing lird.conf that will make it persistent.

I2S addon boards use at least 3 GPIOs, some boards use extra. lircd uses by default that same GPIOs as I2S. So you need to make sure the GPIOs you use for lirc don't clash with the audio board.

I think you are very close to a working solution.

regards
    Greg

No DAC

Dear Jeff,
    I just knew the command mount/umount. Thanks for the explanation.

What DAC are you using ?
    I' using no external DAC, just the analog out of the pi.

I think I had this problem with lirc before it was mainstream, if I can remember what I did wrong I'll post.
    Would be helpfull.

Perseverence and I'm sure you'll get there !
    I'll keep on trying ...

Regards,
    Chris