Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Threaded View

lirc rpi gpio IR support for picoreplayer

This section is for squeezelite ONLY. See post #2 for Jivelite configuration.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-lirc

audible feedback only, no visuals.

Supported "blind actions" are;

Power
    Play
    Pause
    Next Track
    Previous Track
    Volume Up
    Volume Down

The packages come with support for a logitech/slimdevices remote already configured and working.
    To use a different remote you need to obtain/create an lircd.conf file for said remote and an .lircrc key mapping file.
    There is a plethora of info available to do this, research it yourself, I won't do it for you.

I will be happy to include additional remote configurations in the tcz file.

For installation details see the README.md

We are planning to integrate lirc support into picoreplayer when we have a working jivelite solution as well.

I'm using these 38 kHz TSOP4838 DIP-3 IR Receiver Modules.

Check out this video for info on creating a solderless harness to connect an IR receiver directly to the rpi.

There's a pic of my B+ with IR connected to the IQaudIO DAC+ IR header. The cable is long enough to expose the IR diode when I finally put the rpi behind the stereo. I used a no solder solution, except to join the 2 connectors and I had to bend the pins on the diode a bit to keep them snug in the connector. The range is amazing with the IR floating like that. We'll see what it's like when I hide it.

Name:  rpiir.jpg
Views: 2914
Size:  74.2 KB
    Last edited by ralphy; 2016-02-06 at 06:29. Reason: No longer just for squeezelite
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.