Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Sports Scores?

Hi guys. I'm about to head down the Raspberry Pi player path and am glad to see SuperDateTime mentioned here. I see people having success with the weather part of it but am wondering if the sports scores work as well?

If so, can you post a screen shot?

Thanks!

Mike
    My Last.fm Page
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
    Hi guys. I'm about to head down the Raspberry Pi player path and am glad to see SuperDateTime mentioned here. I see people having success with the weather part of it but am wondering if the sports scores work as well?

If so, can you post a screen shot?

Thanks!

Mike
    I suspect you might have to build a CustomClock screensaver to display the Sports scores on this display resolution. If you can find a custom clock screen which displays the sports information (built, say, for the Touch), you should be able to use that as a starting point for one customized for this screen size.

Thank you. I'll give it a try at some point. It's been awhile since I've looked at the Custom Clock stuff. Hopefully someone has already created one for the Touch.

Mike
    My Last.fm Page

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
    Thank you. I'll give it a try at some point. It's been awhile since I've looked at the Custom Clock stuff. Hopefully someone has already created one for the Touch.

Mike
    Try looking at this post:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=801504

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you very much! Looks like a good place to start.
    My Last.fm Page

BTW, are you still using the SmartiPi case? Ran across your post when looking into cases. It seems like it would be pretty good. Lots of separate purchases, this will add up. But looks like a fun project as well.
    My Last.fm Page

Working on a Joggler running SqueezePlay OS??

Quote Originally Posted by plympton View Post
    I have these 2 extra repos:
    http://superdatetimewu.sourceforge.net/CC_JL_repo.xml
    http://superdatetimewu.sourceforge.net/repo.xml

I have installed SDT ...
    I have Custom Clock Helper and License Manager installed in Jive Lite

Am I missing anything?
    I have similar problems running LMS 7.9 on a Joggler running SqueezePlay OS (An Atom based touchscreen device; OS is based on Ubuntu)

I also added the above repos, installed custom clock helper (v2.11.94) and SDT as plugins (v 5.10.29) in LMS and on the Joggler (running Squeezeplay), I installed custom clock.
    However, some things are strange (or I am missing something):
    1) In LMS - Settings - custom clock helper - settings, I get an can export button, when I select a clock style. But there is no Import Button. (I do get an option for jivelite800x480)
    2) In Squeezeplay, I can selectCustom Clock as a screensaver (and it shows a too small 3 item forcast plus time), but the selection of available styles is less than what I see in the Helper plugin in LMS. Also, I do not see an option for changing the custom clock, i.e. there is no added menue entry in Settings -> Screen.

I think I read through all releated post, but can not figure out whats wrong with my setup.

Is the issue that I am using Squeezeplay and this is for Jivelite? (From my naive point of view I thought they are very similar)

Any ideas?
    Last edited by slimhase; 2017-12-09 at 07:08.

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    I have similar problems running LMS 7.9 on a Joggler running SqueezePlay OS (An Atom based touchscreen device; OS is based on Ubuntu)

I also added the above repos, installed custom clock helper (v2.11.94) and SDT as plugins (v 5.10.29) in LMS and on the Joggler (running Squeezeplay), I installed custom clock.
    However, some things are strange (or I am missing something):
    1) In LMS - Settings - custom clock helper - settings, I get an can export button, when I select a clock style. But there is no Import Button. (I do get an option for jivelite800x480)
    2) In Squeezeplay, I can selectCustom Clock as a screensaver (and it shows a too small 3 item forcast plus time), but the selection of available styles is less than what I see in the Helper plugin in LMS. Also, I do not see an option for changing the custom clock, i.e. there is no added menue entry in Settings -> Screen.

I think I read through all releated post, but can not figure out whats wrong with my setup.

Is the issue that I am using Squeezeplay and this is for Jivelite? (From my naive point of view I thought they are very similar)

Any ideas?
    First off, the repo: http://superdatetimewu.sourceforge.net/CC_JL_repo.xml is for a version of CustomClock modified to work with JiveLite. I believe you probably are still installing the originalversion of CustomClock (since the repo identifies the version in my repo to be targetted to JiveLite).

It sounds like CustomClock must actually be running in your Squeezeplay - you indicate actually being able to view some of the CC screensavers. The list in the CCH plugin lists all of the screens available, but most are specific to a particular model/screen size. What's the screen resolution on the Joggler?

As for the Screensaver settings - what do you see if you navigate to Settings/Screen/Screensavers ? Is there a "Custom Clock Settings" there?

Thank you for the feedback! I think I understand my problem better now...

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    First off, the repo: http://superdatetimewu.sourceforge.net/CC_JL_repo.xml is for a version of CustomClock modified to work with JiveLite. I believe you probably are still installing the originalversion of CustomClock (since the repo identifies the version in my repo to be targetted to JiveLite).
    Yes, I think you are right. Because the custom clock Applet only mentions erland, not you as well.

It sounds like CustomClock must actually be running in your Squeezeplay - you indicate actually being able to view some of the CC screensavers. The list in the CCH plugin lists all of the screens available, but most are specific to a particular model/screen size. What's the screen resolution on the Joggler?
    Yes, I do get a selection of CC screensavers. And I think I figured out that my system 'thinks' it is a controller(screen). (But my Joggler screen is 800x600...)

As for the Screensaver settings - what do you see if you navigate to Settings/Screen/Screensavers ? Is there a "Custom Clock Settings" there?
    Yes - with multiple entries (-> All entries all listed in CCH for the controller.)

So, I can work with this, I think.

But one question remains: How do I import CCH Settings? (i.e. import the .txt files people are posting in this thread)?
    Or to which folder location do I have to paste these files?
    In LMS - Settings - custom clock helper - settings, I get an *Export* button (when I select a clock style).
    But there is no Import Button.

Again - thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    Thank you for the feedback! I think I understand my problem better now...

Yes, I think you are right. Because the custom clock Applet only mentions erland, not you as well.

Yes, I do get a selection of CC screensavers. And I think I figured out that my system 'thinks' it is a controller(screen). (But my Joggler screen is 800x600...)

Yes - with multiple entries (-> All entries all listed in CCH for the controller.)

So, I can work with this, I think.

But one question remains: How do I import CCH Settings? (i.e. import the .txt files people are posting in this thread)?
    Or to which folder location do I have to paste these files?
    In LMS - Settings - custom clock helper - settings, I get an *Export* button (when I select a clock style).
    But there is no Import Button.

Again - thanks for your help!
    In the CCH plugin screen, scroll through the style list, and you should find import on the list... that brings up the import box to paste the text of the screen description.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk