Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1509

Change Shairport Settings

I want to change the Shairport startup settings so it doesn't have the '-c Digital' option on startup.

I can't find anywhere to configure this in the web menu, but I don't mind doing it manually in the filesystem.

Can anyone tell me where I can change that option, and how I would back it up to the card to make it persistent afterwards?

Cheers
    Jamie

Hi, I have problem with picoreplayer and lms : When I have default setting in audio output (HDMI) Shairport-sync work fine (I use Airplay) and LMS work fine ( I play all my network musics). Bus I want use USB AUDIO on my raspberry, but in this case, Shairport-sync doesn't work fine (Airpay not appears) and I have difficult to play my network musics on LMS. Can you help me ? Thanks

FYI piCorePlayer 3.20 is out now and 3.x has been around for a long time - so you might want to try a new SD card with that and see if it resolves your problems as I doubt that pCP 2 will be getting significant attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jtudor View Post
    I want to change the Shairport startup settings so it doesn't have the '-c Digital' option on startup.

I can't find anywhere to configure this in the web menu, but I don't mind doing it manually in the filesystem.

Can anyone tell me where I can change that option, and how I would back it up to the card to make it persistent afterwards?

Cheers
    Jamie
    Hi there,

The startup script for shairport-sync is here:
    Code:
    /usr/local/etc/init.d/shairport-sync
    However, this is a link to a file coming from the archive, which is read-only and you cannot persist , not even change, unless you change the pcp-shairport...tcz archive, which you do not want.
    Assuming you are using a new version of piCorePlayer, (later than 3.10 I guess) you can do this via a config file. This is what worked for me with 3.20:

- create a file called
    Code:
    /usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf
    This is where the shairport-sync config is pulled from, call shairport-sync -V , and check the ending of the output. Beware, the command line params have higher prio.
    - paste the content of the sample config in it, as here: https://gist.github.com/chapter09/a9...c0bb4e240f6f66
    - comment out all the settings except the section and the setting you want to set and the enclosing section name (remember, the command line will set the hostname and so on). Set the value as you want. Save and close the file
    - add a new line in /opt/.filetool.lst, containing the filename of the newly created file:
    Code:
    usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf
    Beware, the first slash must be ommited. This will ensure that your new config file will survive reboots
    - call
    Code:
    sudo filetool.sh -b
    to persist/backup the config
    - restart your Raspberry

I hope this helps,

Sergiu
    Last edited by bsergiu; 2017-05-04 at 00:27. Reason: Corrected path to startup script.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Attached is 3.0.2 for pcp 2.x with metadata enabled and the helper binary.

I don't have pcp 2.x installed to test the binaries. Let me know if they work and I'll update them on the download site for pcp 2.x.
    Ralphy, thanks agin for this. As you know from the other post, I moved already to 3.20 . Thanks again for an amazingly fast reaction!

@jtudor: I guess you should try and give feedback.

Sergiu

PLEASE Don't post in this thread, unless you are really using pCP 2.x

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Attached is 3.0.2 for pcp 2.x with metadata enabled and the helper binary.

I don't have pcp 2.x installed to test the binaries. Let me know if they work and I'll update them on the download site for pcp 2.x.
    I have updated the shairport binary for pcp 2.x to 3.0.2. To update; disable and enable shairport in the webgui.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hi Sergiu

Unfortunately this method doesn't work for me.

The standard startup file is running this command:

/usr/local/sbin/shairport-sync -a Squeeze2 -o alsa -S soxr -d -D -R -- -d hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -c Digital

But the command I actually want it to run is:

/usr/local/sbin/shairport-sync -a Squeeze2 -o alsa -S soxr -d -D -R -- -d hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry

So even if I change the mixer_control_name variable in the config file to something else (a null value, in this case), the hardcoded command line parameters are over-riding the config file - which is something you mention in your mail.

Any ideas if I can over-ride or change the command line parameters?

Cheers
    Jamie

7" Touch Display stays on and piCorePlayer won┬ĺt remember sleep settings

Hey! I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with IQaudIO Amp+ card and 7" touch display, running piCorePlayer.

First problem: In the Screen settings (on the touch display) I have set the display to turn off when the player is stopped. But it won't. It can show a blank screen, but it won't turn off. There's always light.

Second problem: After every restart the system doesn't remember my screen settings at all and I have to set them from new.

If I want to adjust the Display backlight brightness in the PiCorePlayer settings it says "No official Raspberry Pi display detected", but (as far as I know) it is the original display.
    Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    Matthias

[Edit:] After updating Jivelite it now remembers the settings, so the second problem is solved. The first one persists and still "no offical Raspberry Pi display detected".

[Edit 2:]: I have installed the extension "backlight-4.9.21-pcpAudioCore_v7.tcz". All problems solved! :-)
    Last edited by Mr.Stocksn; 2017-05-30 at 02:33.

Hifiberry Digi + Pro correct picoreplayer version and HIFIBERRY DIGI+ I/O playback

Hi,
    I have two Hifiberry Digi related questions:
    -What version (Audio or Normal) should I use with the Hifiberry Digi + Pro board?
    -Does picoreplayer support spdif input and simultaneous USB audio playback using the HIFIBERRY DIGI+ I/O card (for example playback of music from a CD transport on a USB DAC)? Are there any required settings to enable this functionality?
    Thanks
    Kind regards
    Laszlo