Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Picoreplayer with touchscreen and jivelite

Hi guys,

i hope to find some help from you. I am running picoreplayer on my Pi 2. Now i bought this display: http://eckstein-shop.de/35-inch-Plug...-Pi-A-B-B-PI-2.
    I enabled jivelite in the picoreplayer to show it on the display. But nothing happens. The display is allover white. Did you have any idea to resolve the problem. The display runs under Raspbian without problems... But i don't Know how to install squeezelite and jivelite in raspbian.

Greetings Daniel

For Raspbian ..

see my guide

Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/pitouch.html
    Still working on PiCorePlayer. If you are interested search for TFT.

all the best,

NWJ

Hi nowhinjing,

i have read your guide yesterday. Did you mean that your display is working with picoreplayer?

No, not working with picoreplayer.

I have the screen showing all the system messages from picoreplayer, but jivelite seems to send its output elsewhere - I am still trying to figure it out.

all the best

I testet your guide yesterday. It works, but i cannot get the resolution for my display. The resulution for jivelite is to big. I see you have a guide so solve the problem but i am a really linux noob. I cant get it work.
    The other thing is i have a audiodac from audiophonics. Did you think this works with raspbian?

I am freaking out! I go back to picoreplayer! What did you do to get displayed the messages from picoreplayer? Did you think you can run the display for jivelite soon?
    I am planing to put an old smartphone in the cover from my aluminium case. So i can remote the picoreplayer with the logitech squeezebox app via wlan. This is not jivelite but better then nothing. I know that there is the offical 7 inch display available but it is to expencive and a little to big for my case.

Greetings Daniel

Does the vu meter in jivelite work with your raspian installation?

follow the guide - it includes a skin for jivelite that makes it look just like a squeezebox touch player.

if you want something else, you are going to have to learn how to do it yourself and not expect others to do it for you.

happy learning ...

Quote Originally Posted by feeder6 View Post
    I am freaking out! I go back to picoreplayer! What did you do to get displayed the messages from picoreplayer? Did you think you can run the display for jivelite soon?
    I am planing to put an old smartphone in the cover from my aluminium case. So i can remote the picoreplayer with the logitech squeezebox app via wlan. This is not jivelite but better then nothing. I know that there is the offical 7 inch display available but it is to expencive and a little to big for my case.

Greetings Daniel
    I am using a slightly smaller display (5"), but I don't have the touch-screen version. The one I use has HDMI input. It does, however, have the same resolution (800x480) as the "official" Raspberry Pi 7 inch screen), so that means the skins should be compatible. I believe adafruit (where I got my screen) has a 3.5 inch HDMI 800x480 screen with touch. Getting the HDMI screen to work wasn't too difficult, but I don't have a clue on the touch screen portion. I use it with JiveLite, and I believe the "joggler" skin, and a FLIRC IR remote dongle.

Losing calibration after reboot

Hi nowhinjing,

I followed your guide and succeeded to install my 3.5'' screen xpt2046
    This a great help, thank you.

I have just one problem I can't keep the calibration saved after reboot.

I do save as described, I even tried several methods such as pcp br, the web interface but nothing seems to keep it.

So when I reboot the screen works but not the touch at all.

If you have any idea I ll be delighted

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    see my guide

Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/pitouch.html
    Still working on PiCorePlayer. If you are interested search for TFT.

all the best,

NWJ