Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by technium View Post
    Thanks I did see the Transporter but at ú700+ over here its out of my price range.

thanks

Colin
    Colin, you don't say where you live.

A cheaper alternative might be a Raspberry PI B2 running Max2Play with either a DAC or SPDIF output (and LMS installed).

If you are going to control it with a 'phone app, then you don't need a screen, but I believe a version incorporating a display is available.

Ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2015-12-23 at 02:41.

Colin,

I would just buy a Chromecast Audio device at around 30 quid. Doesn't have a display like the touch but is a lot cheaper and you can control it with iPeng and stream music from your LMS server okay.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Super Josh View Post
    Colin,

I would just buy a Chromecast Audio device at around 30 quid. Doesn't have a display like the touch but is a lot cheaper and you can control it with iPeng and stream music from your LMS server okay.

Josh
    Nothing wrong with a CCA except it doesn't (yet) do gapless playback or can be sync'd. I have one but I'd have to say it doesn't sound as good as a Rasp Pi 2B with either a Hifiberry or IQaudio DAC - both of the Pi's just sound cleaner.
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

I sae a Transporter SE for US$640 plus shipping. New.

Ron
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I sae a Transporter SE for US$640 plus shipping. New.

Ron
    That is around ú430 + Shipping + the dreaded import/VAT fees. So getting on for between ú500 - ú600

Josh

ok bit of an update.

I have been looking at online auctions for squeezebox here in the UK and bought a SB Receiver with remote for ú50 which was going to be just a test and too be honest its great and does everything I need.

I purchased a new Marantz amp which has 4 channels and gives me 2 pairs of speakers one in each room. I was then going to buy another receiver and use my spare amp with it upstairs for speakers upstairs but have since found out I can install squeezeplay on my home pc upstairs and use those speakers for music upstairs.

We use the ipad and iphones to control the music as its better than using the little remote but so far we are very happy with it and Im really suprised and impressed with how quick and responsive the whole thing is.

One slight issue, the Marrantz Amp has 4 channels so each pair is setup properly but I have some Mission bookshelf speakers in Room A and Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 bookshelf speakers in Room B but if I set a certain volume I have noticed that the Mission speakers are alot louder than then Wharfedale speakers to depending on which room you are in it it etiher too loud or too quiet. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Colin
    Last edited by technium; 2016-01-15 at 01:55.

ok bit of an update.

I have been looking at online auctions for squeezebox here in the UK and bought a SB Receiver with remote for ú50 which was going to be just a test and too be honest its great and does everything I need.

I purchased a new Marantz amp which has 4 channels and gives me 2 pairs of speakers one in each room. I was then going to buy another receiver and use my spare amp with it upstairs for speakers upstairs but have since found out I can install squeezeplay on my home pc upstairs and use those speakers for music upstairs.

We use the ipad and iphones to control the music as its better than using the little remote but so far we are very happy with it and Im really suprised and impressed with how quick and responsive the whole thing is.

One slight issue, the Marrantz Amp has 4 channels so each pair is setup properly but I have some Mission bookshelf speakers in Room A and Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 bookshelf speakers in Room B but if I set a certain volume I have noticed that the Mission speakers are alot louder than then Wharfedale speakers to depending on which room you are in it it etiher too loud or too quiet. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Colin

One speaker is more efficient than the other, so the volume will not correspound.

Decide which you prefer or buy four new ones (Richer Sounds have good deals on new old stock

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...co-2010i-graph

or new stock

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...ac-q3010-graph

Pop down and have a listen (join the VIP club for good deals)

Colin, your a lost man now

atb

Ronnie.

Thanks Ronnie

Its not one speaker its one pair of speakers that is of lower volume and that pair is the brand new Wharfedale Diamonds that I just purchased from Richer sounds so I thought they would be ok.

Thanks Ronnie

Its not one speaker its one pair of speakers that is of lower volume and that pair is the brand new Wharfedale Diamonds that I just purchased from Richer sounds so I thought they would be ok.

Swap the pairs around - same problem?

Sounds like a speaker-amp issue
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any chance the Marantz offers gain/db settings per channel or speaker pair? My 8 year old Yamaha does but I haven't had to mess with it since initial setup.