Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can Touch be set to output no signal when asleep?

I have a touch connected via coax to a pair of active speakers. The speakers will only go to sleep when there is no signal. It seems that even when the Touch has been sent to sleep it is outputting some sort of signal as the speakers only sleep when I unplug the coax cable from the back of the Touch.

Is this normal behavior for the Touch? Any possible work arounds (other than unplugging the digital output)?

Thanks,
    Nicholas

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasg View Post
    I have a touch connected via coax to a pair of active speakers. The speakers will only go to sleep when there is no signal. It seems that even when the Touch has been sent to sleep it is outputting some sort of signal as the speakers only sleep when I unplug the coax cable from the back of the Touch.

Is this normal behavior for the Touch? Any possible work arounds (other than unplugging the digital output)?

Thanks,
    Nicholas
    Not sure if this will help but in LMS > Settings > Player, Try setting "Turn off audio" to "Disable outputs when Off"

May not work for digital output though
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Not sure if this will help but in LMS > Settings > Player, Try setting "Turn off audio" to "Disable outputs when Off"

May not work for digital output though
    That sounds like it might work, but I am not sure where you are suggesting this setting is. If I open the LMS system preference applet (I'm running LMS 7.9.0 / r1448515994 on an iMac), the tabs I see are Status, Library, Account, Advanced and Information.

If I click on Advanced and then click on Advanced setting, a web page appears. I can then click on Player and see settings for the Touch BUT can not find one called "Turn off audio".

I am missing something?

Thanks for your Help,
    Nicholas

That sounds like it might work, but I am not sure where you are suggesting this setting is. If I open the LMS system preference applet (I'm running LMS 7.9.0 / r1448515994 on an iMac), the tabs I see are Status, Library, Account, Advanced and Information.

If I click on Advanced and then click on Advanced setting, a web page appears. I can then click on Player and see settings for the Touch BUT can not find one called "Turn off audio".

I am missing something?

Thanks for your Help,
    Nicholas
    Name:  LMS.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  82.6 KB
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320

Some options for the old style players (sb3, boom, receiver, transporter) are not available for touch and radio. I'm not at home to check, but this may be the issue.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Some options for the old style players (sb3, boom, receiver, transporter) are not available for touch and radio. I'm not at home to check, but this may be the issue.
    Ahhh OK "Lounge" is a receiver

I have a 2 Receiver and a Touch and that setting only shows up for the Receiver.

I wonder why as the Touch is a newer design

Yeah but the signal may still be there even in the off state , there is apearently a proper way to signal "no sound" in the spdiff standard ,but some equipment do and did the adhoc solution to just turn off the circuit completely or expect no voltage ( if it's in the recieving end ). There are some DAC's and AV recievers that gets stuck for the same reason .

I have not seen anyone solving it . The Touch is more open source , but I still wonder if it's possible to adjust in software only ? People here are very clever someone would have found a solution by now ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I have a 2 Receiver and a Touch and that setting only shows up for the Receiver.

I wonder why as the Touch is a newer design
    Touch and radio have more internal player controls. Older players were much more "dumb" machines tied to a server for almost all operations. This said, not sure why option was not included.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Even when using the Receiver and having set "Turn Off Audio" to "Disable outputs when off" my speakers do not go to standby when Receiver to switched off.

If I remove the cable from the Receiver the speakers eventually go to Standby.

So I think it is safe to assume something must still be output by the Receiver, even when it is off.
    Last edited by nicholasg; 2017-08-10 at 08:11.