Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 65 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    Then when I installed version 1.4.8 with the fix inbuilt, it would take 3 or 4 secs for audio to play .....absolutely not a criticism in anyway but thought my experience might help in some way.
    Comments are always welcome as I cannot test all variation such as UK streams or OSX systems.

Beside the fix, there were a few tweaks in 1.4.8 to reduce the "rebuffering" events and this requires increasing the data buffered but it should have only increased the delay from 1s to maybe about 2-3s and not to 4-8secs but perhaps there are some addiutional network issues I don't experience. This may also be the same delay noted by Jed1-62 althought was reported as happening when log level is changed.

Are you in the UK ?
    Any message in the log file ?
    You hint that it is both with Live and Listen Again - is that right and is it equal for both ?
    What OS ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Comments are always welcome as I cannot test all variation such as UK streams or OSX systems.

Beside the fix, there were a few tweaks in 1.4.8 to reduce the "rebuffering" events and this requires increasing the data buffered but it should have only increased the delay from 1s to maybe about 2-3s and not to 4-8secs but perhaps there are some addiutional network issues I don't experience. This may also be the same delay noted by Jed1-62 althought was reported as happening when log level is changed.

Are you in the UK ?
    Any message in the log file ?
    You hint that it is both with Live and Listen Again - is that right and is it equal for both ?
    What OS ?
    I am in the UK. I actually seem to get rebuffering 5 seconds after a station starts playing. Not every time but I didn't notice this before the latest update.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I am in the UK. I actually seem to get rebuffering 5 seconds after a station starts playing. Not every time but I didn't notice this before the latest update.
    Similar here. I'm in the UK on rock solid 79.6/19.9 FTTC, playing the Dash 320kbps AAC live streams usually Radio 2. WHS V1, LMS 7.8.0, Receiver (so transcoding obviously). When I play a channel, it starts after maybe a second or less and plays for a second or so and then goes into rebuffering for a couple of seconds. After that it plays completely reliably. I never had this beheviour before the update to the plugin. It doesn't bother me, but you seem to want to know so here it is. If this is the price for better reliability for people with flaky broadband or when the CDNs are slow then it's probably a price worth paying if we can't have our cake and eat it.

Same here, but it only happens on the Live stream, Listen Again is fine.

Online commentary player now HTML5 DASH

I see the BBC have switched their online commentary player over to HTML5 DASH today ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/37302361

I've just noticed that when I use BBC iplayer the size of my cache.db file shoots up. After 4.5 hours of Radio 2 in DASH at 320kbps it has increased from 47MB to 724MB. Yesterday I had to delete the cache.db file to free space on my 8GB card in my Max2Play server because it was full. Cache.db was up to over 1GB. Is this normal?

I've just noticed that when I use BBC iplayer the size of my cache.db file shoots up. After 4.5 hours of Radio 2 in DASH at 320kbps it has increased from 47MB to 724MB. Yesterday I had to delete the cache.db file to free space on my 8GB card in my Max2Play server because it was full. Cache.db was up to over 1GB. Is this normal?

Happens with HLS as well. Cache.db increased by 27MB in 10 minutes!

Happens with HLS as well. Cache.db increased by 27MB in 10 minutes!
    The only thing that changed in HLS was increasing the timeouts to wait for a response from BBC so plugin waits longer for a response - it doesn't make an increased number of queries nor does it buffer any more data than 1.4.7. Images and metadata are unchanged as well. If there was something odd with clock perhaps LMS is keeping data which should have expired.

I'll run a test but I am not in the UK so can only get 128k streams max.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    Similar here. I'm in the UK on rock solid 79.6/19.9 FTTC, playing the Dash 320kbps AAC live streams usually Radio 2. WHS V1, LMS 7.8.0, Receiver (so transcoding obviously). When I play a channel, it starts after maybe a second or less and plays for a second or so and then goes into rebuffering for a couple of seconds. After that it plays completely reliably. I never had this beheviour before the update to the plugin. It doesn't bother me, but you seem to want to know so here it is. If this is the price for better reliability for people with flaky broadband or when the CDNs are slow then it's probably a price worth paying if we can't have our cake and eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    Same here, but it only happens on the Live stream, Listen Again is fine.
    Any messages in the log ? I'd like to know if delay is due to slow BBC or plugin - plugin logs slow BBC responses.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The only thing that changed in HLS was increasing the timeouts to wait for a response from BBC so plugin waits longer for a response - it doesn't make an increased number of queries nor does it buffer any more data than 1.4.7. Images and metadata are unchanged as well. If there was something odd with clock perhaps LMS is keeping data which should have expired.

I'll run a test but I am not in the UK so can only get 128k streams max.
    It may have happened with 1.4.7 as well. If you watch the cache.db file while playing a station you can watch it increasing in size. It seems like the streamed data goes into cache.db and never leaves.