Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    I can see why my attempts to scroll in the play time failed, it's not a local file it's a network stream.
    Worse than that it's a chunked network stream where each chunk is only 6 secs.

But why after pausing when playing approx 15 minutes behind live does pressing pause again not continue from the point in the programme I paused at? If I wanted to switch back to playing live there are plenty of other ways, including stopping and playing Radio 2 again or using the specific option to cancel tbe skip backwards. Is there any way to fix this to make pause continue from where I paused the programme?
    Because it is hard to do with grafting chunked HTTP onto LMS which was not designed for chunked http while LMS just used network buffering to handle paused HTTP streams with chunked http - there is no http stream open during a pause.
    Don't forget this is still a test version and nobody complained of this issue before. If I get time I'll have a look at it.

However there is a skip back option in the More menu - by default each time the option is selected it will skip back 1 more minute ( so back 25 mins means 25 presses) but in setting you can have skip increments of 1,2,5,10,15 and 30.

Seems like a low DNS load to me, far lower than most web browsing, I'm not sure why people consider this a high load.
    Lower than HLS and far lower than a web page - however people spend longer reading a page before fecthing a new one whereas each chunk is only 6 secs longs and there is a featch every 6 secs - continuous load vs bursty load.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Don't forget this is still a test version and nobody complained of this issue before. If I get time I'll have a look at it.

However there is a skip back option in the More menu - by default each time the option is selected it will skip back 1 more minute ( so back 25 mins means 25 presses) but in setting you can have skip increments of 1,2,5,10,15 and 30.
    This is the first time I've used live skip backwards, and it was only an unexpected phone call that made me pause it. I couldn't have raised this issue earlier. I wonder how many people are using live skip back at all? If it's not many then the chances of other people pausing it and wondering about the result are modest at best.

I noticed the skip back 1 more minute option later, it's scrolled off the bottom on the Controller screen and I didn't notice the scroll bar.

I hope you find time to look at it. Many thanks for the work you've done already, Dash works really well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    This is the first time I've used live skip backwards, and it was only an unexpected phone call that made me pause it. I couldn't have raised this issue earlier. I wonder how many people are using live skip back at all? If it's not many then the chances of other people pausing it and wondering about the result are modest at best.

I noticed the skip back 1 more minute option later, it's scrolled off the bottom on the Controller screen and I didn't notice the scroll bar.
    It's not been for the want of trying.
    People have told me the live skip back to beginning is useful - so it has been used. IIRC Nobody has commented on the Pause issue.

The live skip back went through a number of versions earlier this year - at one stage I had all options to skip back 1,2,5,10,15 and 30 mins in the more menu and I also had tried overloading the "<<" keys. These solutions were found either faulty (I.e. interfered with other LMS functionality) or unsatisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The live skip back went through a number of versions earlier this year - at one stage I had all options to skip back 1,2,5,10,15 and 30 mins in the more menu and I also had tried overloading the "<<" keys. These solutions were found either faulty (I.e. interfered with other LMS functionality) or unsatisfactory.
    IMHO "skip back to the beginning of program" is the control we needed.
    I've set the extra setting to "back 15 minutes", I suspect I've set it this way to avoid pressing the button countless times in large programs. I very rarely use it.
    Some exponential backoff function on key presses could work magic, or fail completely (and more surely that'd be a waste of time given how well things work as is.)

I love this plugin, thanks again bpa.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Everything now works except Radio 3

Thanks for this. Just updated everything as instructed. Now everything works again on HRS setting except Radio 3. Really frustrating since thats the only station I use this for.

I am guessing this is a BBC thing and out of your control or is there a solution?

I am in the UK, LMS 7.9.0, Windows 10 Squeezebox Duet

Quote Originally Posted by prustage1 View Post
    Thanks for this. Just updated everything as instructed. Now everything works again on HRS setting except Radio 3. Really frustrating since thats the only station I use this for.

I am guessing this is a BBC thing and out of your control or is there a solution?

I am in the UK, LMS 7.9.0, Windows 10 Squeezebox Duet
    What is HRS setting ? Do you mean HLS ?

There was little point to upgrading to DASH plugin unless you wanted to use DASH and are wiling to put up with possible problems. HLS code hasn't changed.

If all other live streams work - It is more likely a LMS cache than BBC especially if you were using an older version of BBCiPlayer.

You can either.
    1. Do not try to play the R3 stream for about 30 mins and I expect cache should have expired
    or
    2. Stop LMS, delete the cache.db file in the Cache directory and then restart LMS.
    Last edited by bpa; 2016-06-26 at 02:40.

Thanks for this. Lack of success with previous updates meant that I tried the DASH version out of desperation. However, it seems that the problem all along was with the cache. I have since deleted the cache.db file and restarted, now everything works fine

Thanks for all the help.

BPA repository?

I'm hoping that the HLS plugin written by BPA is still available. I've got an Apple HLS stream I'd like to play on LMS. But the plugin doesn't appear in the 3rd party list and when I try to add the repository (http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn...po-playhls.xml) I get the response:

"Bad repository http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn...po-playhls.xml - 404 Not Found"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dojero View Post
    I'm hoping that the HLS plugin written by BPA is still available. I've got an Apple HLS stream I'd like to play on LMS. But the plugin doesn't appear in the 3rd party list and when I try to add the repository (http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn...po-playhls.xml) I get the response:

"Bad repository http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn...po-playhls.xml - 404 Not Found"

Any help would be much appreciated.
    This is the BBCiplayer DASH plugin thread.
    Please post PlayHLS stuff to the PlayHLS thread The PlayHLS plugin thread is here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post807653

Googlecode is closing down and I need to move the plugin to a new repository.

Thanks for the response. I'll follow the correct thread for your notification that you've created the repository elsewhere.