Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 151 of 154 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1538

Users of V1.5.4.* will be notified of V1.5.4.5 update.

I've now made 1.5.4.5 as the latest version of the general 1.5.4.* release. Current 1.5.4.* users who have 1.5.4.4 will be notified of updated through normal LMS methods.

Release notes for BBCiPlayer Minor update to 1.5.4.5
    - Extended retrieved program metadata from max 100 chars to max 200 chars.
    - Fix bit rate display for Flac as indicated by BBC
    - Reduce Flac startup time so live stream has less lag from realtime.
    - Play Taster Binaural live stream (AAC). (Binaural clips in menu need Extra p[lugin installed)
    - Variable timeout for message about long response in chunk retireval (i.e. allow more time for Flac chunks)
    - Fix bug which lost last segment of an "On-Demand" program - up to 6.4 sec may be lost.

If you want to test binaural - there is a Binaural menu near bottom. The following are the remaining live dates
    Prom 71 - 6 September, 7.00pm
    Prom 72 - 7 September, 6.30pm
    Prom 73 - 7 September, 9.30pm
    Prom 75 - 9 September, 7.15pm.

For the last couple of days now playing track details have been missing from Radio 2 programmes which normally display them. Has the BBC changed something again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    For the last couple of days now playing track details have been missing from Radio 2 programmes which normally display them. Has the BBC changed something again?
    To check this I've had to listen to Chas & Dave - not my cup of tea.

The metadata is bit of a mashup - the program info comes from BBC, the current track info comes from both BBC & RadioPlayer. All the data is there so track info shows OK on my system albeit about 30 secs or more after track starts.

There is also a fudge to avoid confusing track info - because a user can pause a stream (ans possibly in the case of Windows have a lot of data in buffer) - if the estimated timestamp of the audio playing does not match the time of the track info - track info is not shown. I think the clock time of the LMS server may also affect this.

I suggest check the clock time of the LMS server.

I note Radio 3 FLAC (live) has stopped working now the Proms have finished. I assume the BBC have simply turned the feed off.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    To check this I've had to listen to Chas & Dave - not my cup of tea.

The metadata is bit of a mashup - the program info comes from BBC, the current track info comes from both BBC & RadioPlayer. All the data is there so track info shows OK on my system albeit about 30 secs or more after track starts.

There is also a fudge to avoid confusing track info - because a user can pause a stream (ans possibly in the case of Windows have a lot of data in buffer) - if the estimated timestamp of the audio playing does not match the time of the track info - track info is not shown. I think the clock time of the LMS server may also affect this.

I suggest check the clock time of the LMS server.
    I should have said I have the "Always show Station icon" box unticked. If the box is ticked the track info appears. This is the behaviour we had a while ago before you fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    I note Radio 3 FLAC (live) has stopped working now the Proms have finished. I assume the BBC have simply turned the feed off.
    Yes - the BBC only promised Flac for the Proms - it was a bonus that it was on all day.

The question now is whether BBC will do another trial or decide to provide a full R3 service. I suspect another trial hoping to stimulate implementation of more "players". Since the Jan trial there is now VLC and ffmpeg and maybe a few others although the user has to find the right build.

I should have said I have the "Always show Station icon" box unticked. If the box is ticked the track info appears. This is the behaviour we had a while ago before you fixed it
    Are you saying behaviour has reverted even though there is no code change ?

Yes - the BBC only promised Flac for the Proms - it was a bonus that it was on all day.

The question now is whether BBC will do another trial or decide to provide a full R3 service. I suspect another trial hoping to stimulate implementation of more "players". Since the Jan trial there is now VLC and ffmpeg and maybe a few others although the user has to find the right build.

Are you saying behaviour has reverted even though there is no code change ?
    Seems like it. I can switch between the two displays on the fly by ticking and unticking the box. One has track info the other not. I thought it was strange.
    Ignore the other post about Radio 3 I somehow replied to the wrong post, bl***y phone.

Seems like it. I can switch between the two displays on the fly by ticking and unticking the box. One has track info the other not. I thought it was strange.
    Well I have changednothing and I beleie I made no change before on this issues. What may be confusing is that Show Station Icon basically means - don't use per program metadata.
    I get program track data when the box is unticked.
    Where is the info being disaplayed Web , SBT , SB3, App ?