Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 142 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1545
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs6000 View Post
    Excellent, I've added these to the BBCiPlayerExtra menu and they work fine.

Many thanks for this.

Now I just need to decide on which headphones to use!
    I've tried a few binaural streams before and some FLAC recordings (B&W Society of Sound) and they don't work very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    I've tried a few binaural streams before and some FLAC recordings (B&W Society of Sound) and they don't work very well for me.
    Not sure what you mean "don't work very well" - they are just AAC streams (speeds depends on on UK vs non-UK) so they should play. However you may mean the "content" doesn't give the intended spatial awareness. Not sure about that but ambient noises can be very distratcing - there is loads of coughing in the Ravel clip.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-07-16 at 05:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Not sure what you mean "don't work very well" - they are just AAC streams (speeds depends on on UK vs non-UK) so they should play. However you may mean the "content" doesn't give the intended spatial awareness. Not sure about that but ambient noises can be very distratcing - there is loads of coughing in the Ravel clip.
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. The binaural streams and local FLAC files play fine. I meant that the binaural surround effect doesn't work well for me, I can hardly hear it. Distracting sounds aren't the issue, if they were at I'd least I'd know it was working!

Maybe it's because I don't use headphones or earphones much. In stereo it all sounds inside my head, which is weird because that is never how music is in real life. So I listen with speakers almost exclusively, and I'm a big fan of quadraphonic recordings.

BBC 6 Music did a binaural show yesterday (Sunday) too at 13:00 - Underworld's Manchester Street Poem

Going to have a listen today

Can I make the plugin send 16/44100?

I am using a stupidely contrived ALSA config on squeezelite players and it is locked to 16/44.1.
    Squeezelite reports maxrate 44100, this works for audio files but not for iPlayer.
    Currently when I send an iplayer stream to a player, I hear a short squeaky sound and then the machine crashes completely... I would really like not to lose the ability to use the plugin, but I haven't find a way of making my ALSA config compatible with this one extra requirement.
    I am using the non-uk stream and mostly on-demand replays, FWIW.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    I am using a stupidely contrived ALSA config on squeezelite players and it is locked to 16/44.1.
    Squeezelite reports maxrate 44100, this works for audio files but not for iPlayer.
    Currently when I send an iplayer stream to a player, I hear a short squeaky sound and then the machine crashes completely... I would really like not to lose the ability to use the plugin, but I haven't find a way of making my ALSA config compatible with this one extra requirement.
    I am using the non-uk stream and mostly on-demand replays, FWIW.

Have you tried running squeezleite with the following options "squeezelite -r 44100 -R X" - IIRC it requires Squeezelite to resample

edit:
    The usual "remote stream" problem is that LMS does not "know" the sample rate of a remote stream until it starts playing and by that time it is too late to set up resampling.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-07-17 at 03:52.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Have you tried running squeezelite with the following options "squeezelite -r 44100 -R X" - IIRC it requires Squeezelite to resample
    Ah yes it works this way. Wonderful!
    Thanks.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

I'm running BBC iplayer v 1.5.4.4 on a Pi3 with recent nightly

Want to test the Proms in FLAC. I've set....

Live Stream Preference = DashFlac>Dash
    On Demand Stream Preference = DashFlac>Dash

But cannot see a specific FLAC stream anywhere & when I hit the standard R3 button just show 320kbps VBR aac as normal

Probably doing something stupid but would appreciate any advice please
    Jeremy
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 7.9, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Transporter with -10dB internal attenuation, Pi2 running Squeezelite, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Boom
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - SB3 & small computer speakers

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post

But cannot see a specific FLAC stream anywhere & when I hit the standard R3 button just show 320kbps VBR aac as normal

Jeremy
    I think you will only see the FLAC streams for live programs. When you click on live then Radio 3 FLAC will appear directly below Radio 3.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post

Jeremy

do you have this?

Name:  aaflacr3.png
Views: 133
Size:  18.8 KB