Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 132 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1465
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
    now for BBC Radio "DashFlac > Dash" seems to be the only BBCiplayer plugin setting that works, but not reliably when switching around between stations.
    There is omsehting wrong with your system.

Dashflac is not running anymore. Soo use settings with HLS and DASH in them.

Unless you explain in detail what "not reliably" means nor what sort of system you are using it is not possible to provide any help.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    There is omsehting wrong with your system.

Dashflac is not running anymore. Soo use settings with HLS and DASH in them.

Unless you explain in detail what "not reliably" means nor what sort of system you are using it is not possible to provide any help.
    Wasn't actually seeking help. But as you ask, it's probably due to me switching between various live/on demand stream prefs without re-starting LMS. Nor did it help that I deleted by radio favourites and added them back via "Search Tunein" option and not via BBCiplayer plugin listen live option. Lastly, I must be getting senile because I had already settled on "Dash > HLS > MP3 > FlacAAC", so don't ask me why a put DashFlac in my last post.

FYI, my LMS is:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1451370756 @ Tue Dec 29 06:41:59 UTC 2015
    Hostname: sweep
    Server IP Address: 192.168.10.10
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.20.3 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Built as a self-contained LMS - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-contained-LMS

Wasn't actually seeking help. But as you ask, it's probably due to me switching between various live/on demand stream prefs without re-starting LMS. Nor did it help that I deleted by radio favourites and added them back via "Search Tunein" option and not via BBCiplayer plugin listen live option. Lastly, I must be getting senile because I had already settled on "Dash > HLS > MP3 > FlacAAC", so don't ask me why a put DashFlac in my last post.
    Still not quite sure what is meant by not reliable ? stream doesn't start, Stream starts but then stops, stream starts then stops and then after a few secs continues ... these and more have individual explanations but none involve mixing live and on-demand or using MP3 stream and not DASH/HLS.

Still not quite sure what is meant by not reliable ? stream doesn't start, Stream starts but then stops, stream starts then stops and then after a few secs continues ... these and more have individual explanations but none involve mixing live and on-demand or using MP3 stream and not DASH/HLS.
    You can ignore my previous comments, it was one of those "senior" moments. The unreliable behaviour was all down to testing what stream prefs worked and/or how the radio station favourite list was populated. During testing, I had experienced all the behaviours you listed. I currently have no problems using stream prefs that start with "DASH > HLS ...".

Dear Auntie Beeb, why the hell are you making life so difficult for LMS and get_iplayer users? Kudos to bpa for following all the twists and turns and keeping us all going. I have latest V154testrelease-repo.xml installed and now for BBC Radio "DashFlac > Dash" seems to be the only BBCiplayer plugin setting that works, but not reliably when switching around between stations.
    Where is this test release? I've got V1.9.5, and I can get iPlayer, but nothing when I use I player extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Robm1955 View Post
    Where is this test release? I've got V1.9.5, and I can get iPlayer, but nothing when I use I player extras.
    iPlayer Extras has gone the way of all things. The Beeb have removed the features it used.

The test release is for iPlayer, not iPlayer Extras. See the 1st post on this thread on how to get it.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

I don't think the top 2 post on this thread are stickies. Perhaps you meant the other two BBCiplayer threads in the 3rd party forum.

I think a generic non version BBCiPlayer thread sticky might be useful - to point the way to current options/status as users post BBCiplayer issues in lots of threads sometime regardsless of versions or heading. This sticky should have a big notice not to post to the sticky thread.
    I'm going to ask mherger to 'unstick' the 2 old stickies. If you or others here can think of a good generic one to add, let him know?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

iPlayer & iPlayer Extras - Unreliable or not working

To whom this might concern,

Hello! I'm a long-term Squeezebox user and, thanks to BPA and Triode, a BBC iPlayer aficionado! I really appreciate the work these two have committed over the years in order to allow the community to listen to BBC radio broadcasts via our Squeezeboxes.

Unbridled sycophancy over...

Despite having an all-too-brief period where the iPlayer (v1.4.10) and iPlayer Extras (v1.9.5) plugins worked with DASH streams, I now have a situation where iPlayer frequently drops a Live broadcast mid-show, without re-starting or attempting to re-start it, and iPlayer Extras lists nothing but a few categories, ultimately presenting a:

"There was an error loading the remote feed for : (404 Not Found)"

error. Even when managing to listen to a show, e.g. BBC Radio 4 in this instance, the display on my Squeezebox Classic has, for instance, this:

"BBC Radio 4 (0) (0) (0)"

almost the same as the browser-based display:

"BBC Radio 4 (0) (0)".

Here is the feed information (according to my browser) for this particular live broadcast:

"File Format: AAC
    Bitrate: 320kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)
    URL: dash://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/uk/dash_full/ak/bbc_radio_fourfm.mpd|"

Most programmes drop at least once or twice over the course of a 30 minute period and it appears not to matter what time of day it is. I have the same 'problem' with streams dropping out mid-programme (and no iPlayer Extra programmes) whether I select the following Stream Preferences (for either Live or on-demand shows):-

DASH >MP3 > FlashAAC
    or
    DASH >HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC
    or
    HLS > DASH >MP3 > FlashAAC >FlashMP3

I have the following plug-ins installed and enabled:

BBC iPlayer v1.4.10
    and
    BBC iPlayer Extras v1.9.5

and the additional repository for third party plugins is:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...repo-short.xml

I do not believe the error to result from either an unreliable WAN or LAN connection as I stream HD TV (from multiple broadcasters) over exactly the same infrastructure (and have tried Squeezebox broadcasts with an Ethernet-based LAN, as well as wireless) with no material improvement.

I've tried de-installing both iPlayer plug-is, clearing out the Squeezebox cache, re-booting and re-installing them, all to no avail...

So, does anyone have any advice I can try?

I do wish the BBC would stop meddling with their iPlayer streaming formats for no perceptible improvement in either audio quality, ergonomics, aesthetics or functionality.

Any and all guidance appreciated; thank you in advance.

Steve.

PS I Just attempted to use the "Tune-In URL" plug-in. Does anyone know what format the BBC iPlayer stream syntax should be to work with this?

iPlayer Extras is deceased, it is no more. The BBC removed the meta data feeds it used.

Quote Originally Posted by steveecrane View Post
    To whom this might concern,

Hello! I'm a long-term Squeezebox user and, thanks to BPA and Triode, a BBC iPlayer aficionado! I really appreciate the work these two have committed over the years in order to allow the community to listen to BBC radio broadcasts via our Squeezeboxes.

Unbridled sycophancy over...

Despite having an all-too-brief period where the iPlayer (v1.4.10) and iPlayer Extras (v1.9.5) plugins worked with DASH streams, I now have a situation where iPlayer frequently drops a Live broadcast mid-show, without re-starting or attempting to re-start it, and iPlayer Extras lists nothing but a few categories, ultimately presenting a:

"There was an error loading the remote feed for : (404 Not Found)"

error. Even when managing to listen to a show, e.g. BBC Radio 4 in this instance, the display on my Squeezebox Classic has, for instance, this:

"BBC Radio 4 (0) (0) (0)"

almost the same as the browser-based display:

"BBC Radio 4 (0) (0)".

Here is the feed information (according to my browser) for this particular live broadcast:

"File Format: AAC
    Bitrate: 320kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)
    URL: dash://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/uk/dash_full/ak/bbc_radio_fourfm.mpd|"

Most programmes drop at least once or twice over the course of a 30 minute period and it appears not to matter what time of day it is. I have the same 'problem' with streams dropping out mid-programme (and no iPlayer Extra programmes) whether I select the following Stream Preferences (for either Live or on-demand shows):-

DASH >MP3 > FlashAAC
    or
    DASH >HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC
    or
    HLS > DASH >MP3 > FlashAAC >FlashMP3

I have the following plug-ins installed and enabled:

BBC iPlayer v1.4.10
    and
    BBC iPlayer Extras v1.9.5

and the additional repository for third party plugins is:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...repo-short.xml

I do not believe the error to result from either an unreliable WAN or LAN connection as I stream HD TV (from multiple broadcasters) over exactly the same infrastructure (and have tried Squeezebox broadcasts with an Ethernet-based LAN, as well as wireless) with no material improvement.

I've tried de-installing both iPlayer plug-is, clearing out the Squeezebox cache, re-booting and re-installing them, all to no avail...

So, does anyone have any advice I can try?

I do wish the BBC would stop meddling with their iPlayer streaming formats for no perceptible improvement in either audio quality, ergonomics, aesthetics or functionality.

Any and all guidance appreciated; thank you in advance.

Steve.

PS I Just attempted to use the "Tune-In URL" plug-in. Does anyone know what format the BBC iPlayer stream syntax should be to work with this?
    There are newer versions of the iPlayer plugin. You can find version 1.5.4 in one of the many iPlayer threads.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk