Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 125 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1465
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I thought I was dreaming for a while there Thanks again for all your work.
    I've updated the 1.5.4.3 Plugin so anyboy who has this problem just need to re-install the plugin.

However, the problem with doing more testing - is that more problem show up. I just noticed that R4 Ella Fiitzgerald A glorious noise has a "strange" segment list so there is still a bit of work to do but it'll have to wait.

Thank you so much, that works perfectly!

I have 2 questions:
    1. Are the iPlayer settings in the attached screen capture optimal?

2. Will it be possible to stream the Proms on Radio 3 in FLAC (lossless) as announced by the Beeb?

Name:  BBC iPlayer LMS settings.png
Views: 144
Size:  53.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Add the following repo to the LMS Pugins tab for the latest test version - then you should be offered the latest version.
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml

Quote Originally Posted by philipbergman View Post
    1. Are the iPlayer settings in the attached screen capture optimal?
    At the moment - none of the settings affect Flac audio quality.
    If stream plays without gaps and no startup delay - then it is probably good enough for your setup.

Will it be possible to stream the Proms on Radio 3 in FLAC (lossless) as announced by the Beeb?
    I hope so but I expect BBc will change something between now and then but it won;'t be clear until the service starts. So I expect there will need to be an update.

If stream plays without gaps and no startup delay - then it is probably good enough for your setup.

I hope so but I expect BBc will change something between now and then but it won;'t be clear until the service starts. So I expect there will need to be an update.
    Apologies if I am talking nonsense (<cough> not exactly unknown) but I thought that the Live Stream Preference should be set to DashFlac > DASH for the Radio 3 FLAC stream.

Incidentally, what is the bit depth of the Radio 3 FLAC? I ask because VLC reports it as 32 bits (!), though I can't believe that is correct. Also, when using VLC to do a command line stream grab the resulting FLAC file was 24 bits. All this might well be due to VLC quirks and have nothing to do with the actual bit rate.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Thanks. I am experiencing one (small?) problem; 'Listen Again' streams sometimes stops and goes back to 0:00 after playing for a few seconds. Is this a known issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philipbergman View Post
    Thanks. I am experiencing one (small?) problem; 'Listen Again' streams sometimes stops and goes back to 0:00 after playing for a few seconds. Is this a known issue?
    It's not a problem that has been reported. It sounds like a network connection issue. Any messages in the log ?

As usual the more detail the better. What version of plugin, stream format ? UK or not UK ? , What bitrate of the stream ? What type of player ? What OS ? What version of LMS

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Apologies if I am talking nonsense (<cough> not exactly unknown) but I thought that the Live Stream Preference should be set to DashFlac > DASH for the Radio 3 FLAC stream.
    I didn't study the clip - but "optimal" is a fuzzy term and I am never sure what the user is looking for. So no gaps and no stoppages is "optimal" for me.

Incidentally, what is the bit depth of the Radio 3 FLAC?
    48Khz 16bit 2 channel
    I ask because VLC reports it as 32 bits (!), though I can't believe that is correct. Also, when using VLC to do a command line stream grab the resulting FLAC file was 24 bits. All this might well be due to VLC quirks and have nothing to do with the actual bit rate.
    What version of VLC plays Dash/Flac ?

edit:
    I realise it may seem careless not to study the clip but I assumed the user is playing the stream Radio 3 Flac and if the setting wasn't "DashFlac > DASH" then no there would be no audio. Playing any other R3 stream would be clearly shown to be AAC on the display.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-04-26 at 11:01.

What version of VLC plays Dash/Flac ?
    Version 3.0.0. It isn't the current official release but 3.0.0 is available on the VLC nightly build webpage: https://nightlies.videolan.org/index.html

Select the operating system then scroll down to all the 3.0.0 nightlies.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    Version 3.0.0. It isn't the current official release but 3.0.0 is available on the VLC nightly build webpage: https://nightlies.videolan.org/index.html

Select the operating system then scroll down to all the 3.0.0 nightlies.
    They don't do a build for Ubuntu 14.04

They don't do a build for Ubuntu 14.04
    And the 'master' vlc 3.0.0 build for ubuntu 17.04 didn't install when I tried it a few days ago.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.