Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 1,531 to 1,538 of 1538
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    The simplest way for the BBC to get more players is to add FLAC support to their own iOS and Android Apps.
    Does the iOS version of iPlayer Radio play DASH or HLS ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    To check this I've had to listen to Chas & Dave
    I forgot to apologise for forcing you to listen to Chas & Dave . No one deserves that. You can blame Paul Heaton, it was one of his chosen tracks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ignoring the track info issue. On Linux system with 320kbps, I suspect the "no delay" should work without audio problems. The "delay" setting is there to speed up playing after pressing play which is necessary for some Windows systems. For slower streams such as 96kbps with "no delay" there may be an audio glitch about 6-12 secs after playing starts - a setting of 15sec delay avoids this.
    I can confirm there is no audio glitch with a Raspberry Pi server. The playing time seems to reset itself when playing starts after a delay of a few seconds but that is all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I can confirm there is no audio glitch with a Raspberry Pi server. The playing time seems to reset itself when playing starts after a delay of a few seconds but that is all.
    That is LMS plugin interaction as no audio chunks and some metadata are available (unlike a file or a http/MP3 stream) when play is pressed. When Play is pressed LMS starts the playtime display but plugin doesn't know all the details of the stream (e.g. duration) until it has fetched MPD etc. nor has any audio chunks been retrieved. Once MPD and few audio chunks have been received and then sent to player the plugin updates metadata etc (which is after play has been pressed) LMS then updates all the displayed info.

Nothing is working! Can you help?

The BBC iplayer plugin topped working a while back. I upgraded to the latest version of LMS, uninstalled the current iplayer plugins, dowloaded the latest and have restarted. BBC streams still do not work. I get the graphics and the text with stream information but no sound. The counter gets as far as about 9 secs then reverts back to 0 and starts again. I have repeated the install and restart a few times including rebooting the whole PC. Here is my set up:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 @ Fri Sep 15 13:17:40 CUT 2017
    Hostname: PHIL-PC
    Server IP Address: 192.168.2.2
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Player Model: Squeezebox Receiver
    Player Type: receiver
    Firmware: 77
    Player IP Address: 192.168.2.6
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:17:26:96
    Wireless Signal Strength: 96%

The plugins are:
    BBC iplayer 1.5.4.5
    BBC iplayer extras v2.0.0

I have tried various settings with HLC > first and DASH > first but it makes no difference. None of the BBC stations are working, live or catchup. DASH has not been disabled in the settings. Oh and I am in the UK.

Any ideas??

Does the iOS version of iPlayer Radio play DASH or HLS ?
    No idea, but it doesn't matter. If the BBC want more FLAC players, they control their own Apps and can change them to handle whatever network protocol and audio codec they want.

Quote Originally Posted by prustage1 View Post
    The BBC iplayer plugin topped working a while back. I upgraded to the latest version of LMS, uninstalled the current iplayer plugins, dowloaded the latest and have restarted. BBC streams still do not work. I get the graphics and the text with stream information but no sound. The counter gets as far as about 9 secs then reverts back to 0 and starts again. I have repeated the install and restart a few times including rebooting the whole PC. Here is my set up:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 @ Fri Sep 15 13:17:40 CUT 2017
    Hostname: PHIL-PC
    Server IP Address: 192.168.2.2
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 1

Player Model: Squeezebox Receiver
    Player Type: receiver
    Firmware: 77
    Player IP Address: 192.168.2.6
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:17:26:96
    Wireless Signal Strength: 96%

The plugins are:
    BBC iplayer 1.5.4.5
    BBC iplayer extras v2.0.0

I have tried various settings with HLC > first and DASH > first but it makes no difference. None of the BBC stations are working, live or catchup. DASH has not been disabled in the settings. Oh and I am in the UK.

Any ideas??
    It may be that you have lost the ability to transcode aac to something the receiver understands, like flac. Look at your file types (Settings, Advanced, File Types) and see what it says for aac.

Check that under Settings, Player, Audio that the Streaming method is Proxied Streaming (I don't actually know if this matters, but it can't do any harm...).

Stick with DASH first in the list.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    It may be that you have lost the ability to transcode aac to something the receiver understands, like flac. Look at your file types (Settings, Advanced, File Types) and see what it says for aac.

Check that under Settings, Player, Audio that the Streaming method is Proxied Streaming (I don't actually know if this matters, but it can't do any harm...).

Stick with DASH first in the list.
    Proxied streaming does nothing with BBCiPlayer - only with plain http /MP3, http/wma or http/aac streams.

First test transcoding of AAC on your system: Can you play ordinary http/AAC stream such as http://www.somafm.com/illstreet64.pls ?

If there is no problems then

Test with Live streams - remember use UK or non UK as appropriate.
    No support is given for HLS so Live Stream Preference should be DASH only.

As you are using Windows - increase the "live delay" setting to say 2 minutes.

What is the spec of your Windows systems.
    Have you got security s/w ?
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-09-17 at 13:53.