Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

BBCiPlayer with DASH support - test version

I have implemented a limited version of DASH suited to play BBC streams. I have only done limited testing and I am outside the UK and only have access to the low speed links - 48k and 96k. For this initial version I want to find out if enough of DASH has been implemented for BBC playback. For live streams DASH requires a good system clock so I'd like to see if there are issues with playing live streams for a long period on system where clock loses/gains time (e.g. Pi) .

DASH is implemented as an addition to the plugin so after installation - you need to change the Plugin settings to use DASH as the preferred format - that is leftmost format is DASH. If it doesn't work - you should be able to change the setting back to HLS and get back to existing BBCiPlayer HLS playback.

I have included all the other patches, icon updates ad also utgg onair feature (selectable through settings) .

I haven't been able to test the live UK stream URL so there may be typos.

As the current BBCiPlayer plugin (up to v1.3.1alpha3) has been patched/modded, to be on the safe side users should back up the whole BBCiPlayer directory.

I have updated the plugin number to 1.4.3. I think you need to uninstall the current plugin before installing with the following repository. Don't install if you need help to reinstall and patch the BBCiplayer plugin or you can't survive without BBC on LMS for a few hours..

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...repo-short.xml

edit: Version 1.4.4 has fix for Touch Radio - aac native should now work. Also moving Repo to sourceforge so please change URLs. Repo now also has BBCiPlayerExtra 1.9.3 which also plays DASH format
    edit: Version 1.4.5 few small features added - skip back livestream and easy update of menu.opml file.
    edit: Version 1.4.6 fix to a 1.4.5 introduced bug.
    edit: Version 1.4.7 modified skip back functionality remove rew button and add skip back to program start.
    edit: Version 1.4.8 Fix to missing _removeGzipHeader routine and a few other tweaks when fetching chunks.
    edit: Version 1.4.9 Undo 1.4.8 changes. Rollback to 1.4.7 except for Fix to missing _removeGzipHeader routine.
    edit: Version 1.4.10 Patch to fix Listen Again on DASH problem which started on 9-Feb-17.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-02-11 at 07:55.

Wow!

Installed and testing.

So far .... so good

Ooops - selecting only DASH on live stream prefs produces no sound. the first pref - HLS - DASH - etc. works.
    Last edited by castalla; 2015-11-21 at 18:58.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost working in New York - new graphics and on-air info are shown, but there's no audio when DASH is selected for live or on-demand. Windows 7, LMS version 7.9.0 - 1431440256.

The log shows this line repeatedly:

[15-11-21 20:46:33.9671] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Invalid type 'Q' in unpack at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer/DashUtils.pm line 374.
    ; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0xb455a94)

I reset the test version to HLS and everything works.

Quote Originally Posted by ftlight View Post
    Almost working in New York - new graphics and on-air info are shown, but there's no audio when DASH is selected for live or on-demand. Windows 7, LMS version 7.9.0 - 1431440256.

[15-11-21 20:46:33.9671] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Invalid type 'Q' in unpack at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer/DashUtils.pm line 374.

That means a feature of Perl I've used is not supported on your system / version of Perl

What OS, LMS version and Perl version are you using ?

If you are using Windows then just the LMS version is necessary.

Added the new repository URL but I can't see any new BBC plugin, restarted LMS a few times, what am I looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Added the new repository URL but I can't see any new BBC plugin, restarted LMS a few times, what am I looking for?
    Your system hasn't loaded the respository - you should see a tab "bpa's Squeezecenter Plugins Short" just like Philippe & Triode ones. The repository has BBCiPlayerExtra 1.8 (no change) and BBCiPlayer 1.4.1 You may need to restart LMS.

Trying to install but keep getting:

Bad repository http://github.com/bpa-code/bpaplugin...repo-short.xml - Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor

Is it still there?

Edit: Didn't read previous post properly but have now restarted LMS and still getting the same message/
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2015-11-22 at 02:07.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Your system hasn't loaded the respository - you should see a tab "bpa's Squeezecenter Plugins Short" just like Philippe & Triode ones. The repository has BBCiPlayerExtra 1.8 (no change) and BBCiPlayer 1.4.1 You may need to restart LMS.
    As stated above, I've restarted LMS many (8) times, even rebooted the Pi, nothing.

Thanks.
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Quote Originally Posted by ftlight View Post

I foud a Windows system and cofirmed this is a Windows or more generally a 32 bit Perl issue. I'll do a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I foud a Windows system and cofirmed this is a Windows or more generally a 32 bit Perl issue. I'll do a workaround.
    Thanks. Same issue with me so await your workaround with baited breath!