Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 153 of 155 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1545
    Quote Originally Posted by simonheard View Post
    Show OnAir Text
    Enable - ticked

Always display station icon
    Enable - not ticked
    Thanks. I'm looking around for any possible setup difference as this issue could be affected by delays and even the player - what are the "Seconds to delay live streams " and "buffer Threshold" settings.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Thanks. I'm looking around for any possible setup difference as this issue could be affected by delays and even the player - what are the "Seconds to delay live streams " and "buffer Threshold" settings.
    I've got seconds to delay as 15 seconds, and buffer fullness threshold as 255.

I've got seconds to delay as 15 seconds, and buffer fullness threshold as 255.
    Does changing the delay from 15 to "no delay" fix the track detail problem (even though there may be a audio glitch at start).

Does changing the delay from 15 to "no delay" fix the track detail problem (even though there may be a audio glitch at start).
    That is giving me track details on R1 and R2. I'm most interested in R3, but 'Free thinking' is on at present so no tracks. I'll check again tomorrow and repost if effective.

SH

That is giving me track details on R1 and R2. I'm most interested in R3, but 'Free thinking' is on at present so no tracks. I'll check again tomorrow and repost if effective.

SH
    Works for me as well. I also tried 5 seconds delay but that had the same issue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Works for me as well. I also tried 5 seconds delay but that had the same issue.
    OK - Thanks, this make the issue clearer. Outside the UK with slower streams (96kbps vs 320kbps) - these timing effects are slightly different.

OK - Thanks, this make the issue clearer. Outside the UK with slower streams (96kbps vs 320kbps) - these timing effects are slightly different.
    I did try the Non-UK streams with 15 seconds delay but track detail was still missing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The question now is whether BBC will do another trial or decide to provide a full R3 service. I suspect another trial hoping to stimulate implementation of more "players". Since the Jan trial there is now VLC and ffmpeg and maybe a few others although the user has to find the right build.
    The simplest way for the BBC to get more players is to add FLAC support to their own iOS and Android Apps.

R3 now has track details - many thanks for your guidance.

SH

R3 now has track details - many thanks for your guidance.
    Ignoring the track info issue. On Linux system with 320kbps, I suspect the "no delay" should work without audio problems. The "delay" setting is there to speed up playing after pressing play which is necessary for some Windows systems. For slower streams such as 96kbps with "no delay" there may be an audio glitch about 6-12 secs after playing starts - a setting of 15sec delay avoids this.