Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought the Pimoroni Touchscreen frame but can't seem to find a Pi case that will both fit on the back as well as cover my Digi+. I don't like the exposed look. Anyone have any suggestions? Times like this I wish I had a 3D printer...

That Max2Play kit is nice, but way too expensive, and I already have all the other components.

Quote Originally Posted by valnar View Post
    I bought the Pimoroni Touchscreen frame but can't seem to find a Pi case that will both fit on the back as well as cover my Digi+. I don't like the exposed look. Anyone have any suggestions? Times like this I wish I had a 3D printer...

That Max2Play kit is nice, but way too expensive, and I already have all the other components.
    I screwed one of these cases to the back of the screen frame.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

I don't think that is for the Digi+

Even if this chassis is not made for Hifiberry, you could fit this DAC into RaspTouch chassis, and connect RCA with wires.

http://rasptouch.audiophonics.fr/

Last edited by audiophonics; 2016-06-22 at 08:56.

My Touch Screen rPi setup with piCorePlayer

I'd meant to post some pictures of my setup some time ago - finally got around to taking a couple of pictures.
    I supported the Kickstarter for what became the "Smarti Pi Touch" case. The case I got from that works pretty well.
    Good: clean case for the rPi and touch screen; adjustable angle. Most pi connections easily accessible (left edge, viewed from front). Pi itself is well secured.
    Nits: I had to drill a couple holes in the cover which goes between the pi and the HiFiBerry DAC board (to keep the pins from the RCA connectors from interfering with this cover); Screen is off-center when viewed from the front (aesthetics are just a little off); The HiFiBerry DAC RCA's end up pointing down - I use right-angle adapters which help this; No cover for the Hat board... I saw some plans/model for 3D printing something - I may try making one at some point - However, from the Front, things look clean.
    In the picture from the back, you can see I have an IR receiver wired in, but not attached. Subsequently, I drilled a hole into a section in the upper right (upper left from the back side) which perfectly accommodates the IR receiver. The picture from the front shows this mounting - small "dot" in upper left corner. With Raphy's lirc setup the IR remote works VERY well with piCorePlayer.
    Overall I'm happy with this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Personally I think the aesthetics are awful, but it is subjective of course !

The question is of course, why is it asymmetric ?

In the picture from the back, you can see I have an IR receiver wired in, but not attached. Subsequently, I drilled a hole into a section in the upper right (upper left from the back side) which perfectly accommodates the IR receiver.
    I removed the black paint from the inside of the glass of the touchscreen "overhang" with a scapel and put the IR receiver behind.
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2016-09-12 at 04:55. Reason: corrected spelling and added question
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Here's my contribution, consisting of the Pimoroni Touchscreen frame and Pibow Audio case for the IQAudio DAC+ equipped Pi. The stand was 3D printed from Thingiverse - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1064717

Name:  IMG_0599.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  231.9 KBName:  IMG_0600.jpg
Size:  213.6 KBName:  IMG_0601.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  222.2 KBName:  IMG_0603.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  228.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    Here's my contribution, consisting of the Pimoroni Touchscreen frame and Pibow Audio case for the IQAudio DAC+ equipped Pi. The stand was 3D printed from Thingiverse - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1064717

Name:  IMG_0599.jpg
Size:  231.9 KBName:  IMG_0600.jpg
Size:  213.6 KBName:  IMG_0601.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  222.2 KBName:  IMG_0603.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  228.6 KB
    Is the touchscreen mounted upside down in these pictures? On mine the power supply of both Pi (unused) and screen (used) is on the top, mine is an official case.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Is the touchscreen mounted upside down in these pictures? On mine the power supply of both Pi (unused) and screen (used) is on the top, mine is an official case.
    It's mounted the other way up to yours, which one is upside down is debatable. I believe that the way I have it is preferable because the viewing angle is much improved and the cable routing to the bottom is much neater.

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Thanks for mentioning our project, slimCL, valnar and gorman! I actually made an Instructable on the assembly of the kit which has become much easier with IQaudIO's sound cards, equipped with the pin strips making the soldering process obsolete. But more importantly, we now offer a complete bundle with our own case and without any manual labor required. They are a limited run and unfortunately have some small imperfections but if they become popular enough, we will continue to produce more.
    Here are a few pictures:
    Name:  touch_bundle_iq_04komp.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  57.5 KBName:  case_03_1.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  27.5 KB