Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I will try, but this is yet another piece of code to understand and integrate where UPnP discovery was already build-in with my application and it came with a good amount of code I wrote previously
    I thought as much but didn't want you to put too much effort into extra uPNP discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    what do you have on /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/plugins/CastBridge/Bin ? I tried the full install on my cubieboard and it worked, sucessfully changed the access right of the armv6hf version and ran
    Thanks, no Linux skills so go easy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2 > piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Radio (garage) - 1 x Touch (display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare)

That looks like the initial version, Dev1, which contained no Linux-ARM binaries...

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
    @usc95

How did you turn your FireTVs off in LMS? I'm trying to do the same, but have failed to find a suitable option...
    I was simply referring to off in Ipeng. It didn't make the FireTVs go away.

That looks like the initial version, Dev1, which contained no Linux-ARM binaries...
    Hmmm... I installed it via the repository, how would I get the correct version?

Thanks
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2 > piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.10/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Radio (garage) - 1 x Touch (display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare)

In LMS Plugins page, uncheck the "ChromeCast Bridge" Plugin, then restart LMS. After that add the Plugin again, restart LMS a second time and you'll have the newest version.

For some reason auto-update does not pick up these changes...

@Philippe_44

It's now working for me for the first time (Dev3) but getting it to pick up the Player was a major hassle! I don't know what triggered it in the end, but I did about a dozen restarts, reboots, CCA reboots and setting-resets, then it suddenly showed up and is currently playing without issue.

It also now ignores my FireTV, so whatever you did worked. I think the main problem right now is discovering and connecting to CCA. Once that is done it should play just fine, changing to a different stream is also no problem. Maybe it's an issue with Upnp not working quite right with CCA? Or something special about my network setup...

In LMS Plugins page, uncheck the "ChromeCast Bridge" Plugin, then restart LMS. After that add the Plugin again, restart LMS a second time and you'll have the newest version.

For some reason auto-update does not pick up these changes...
    Spot on, thanks very much!

@Philippe_44

Yep, just like I feared. I connected via TuneIn, which then promptly cut off the LMS connection (which is OK) but despite closing the connection from TuneIn, I now can't get the CCA to play via LMS anymore. It keeps scanning, but never finds the CCA anymore.

Oh well, it's still early days after all...

@Philippe_44

Yep, just like I feared. I connected via TuneIn, which then promptly cut off the LMS connection (which is OK) but despite closing the connection from TuneIn, I now can't get the CCA to play via LMS anymore. It keeps scanning, but never finds the CCA anymore.

Oh well, it's still early days after all...
    If you're using the Android Tune-in app to cast - I found it's not very reliable at releasing CCA when finished to any other app. Have you checked status with Android Chromcast App and if necessary to "stop casting" or similarly use Chromecast Extension on Chrome browser.