Announce: CastBridge = integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Identify only CC

Could any of you, using the DeviceSpy tool http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp, send a few screenshot on how these other devices look ? I will simply ne more selective on search criteria
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• kidstypike
      • Feb 2007

Can't get CastBridge running on my Raspberry Pi 2 model B LMS, cannot get past the picture below. I believe processor is ARM710, although squeeze2upnp seems to run OK.

Server log:

Code:
      [15-11-13 20:26:17.0859] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::configHandler (251) /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/castbridge.xml
      [15-11-13 20:26:35.1019] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (121) executable not having 'x' permission, correcting
      [15-11-13 20:26:35.1052] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (127) squeeze2cast-armv6hf not found
      [15-11-13 20:26:35.1079] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (121) executable not having 'x' permission, correcting
      [15-11-13 20:26:35.1111] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (127) squeeze2cast-armv6hf not found
      Attached Files
      Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
      Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
      Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
      Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by philippe_44
        Could any of you, using the DeviceSpy tool http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp, send a few screenshot on how these other devices look ? I will simply ne more selective on search criteria
        Do you plan to use mDNS to discover devices in the future as Google said uPNP discovery will be going away ?

Comment

• philippe_44
          • May 2008

I've pushed a dev-3 which is more restrictive in term of device discovery (trying to limit that to only Chromecast devices)
          LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• philippe_44
            • May 2008

Originally posted by bpa
            Do you plan to use mDNS to discover devices in the future as Google said uPNP discovery will be going away ?
            I will try, but this is yet another piece of code to understand and integrate where UPnP discovery was already build-in with my application and it came with a good amount of code I wrote previously

Comment

• philippe_44
              • May 2008

Originally posted by kidstypike
              Can't get CastBridge running on my Raspberry Pi 2 model B LMS, cannot get past the picture below. I believe processor is ARM710, although squeeze2upnp seems to run OK.

Server log:

Code:
              [15-11-13 20:26:17.0859] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::configHandler (251) /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/castbridge.xml
              [15-11-13 20:26:35.1019] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (121) executable not having 'x' permission, correcting
              [15-11-13 20:26:35.1052] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (127) squeeze2cast-armv6hf not found
              [15-11-13 20:26:35.1079] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (121) executable not having 'x' permission, correcting
              [15-11-13 20:26:35.1111] Plugins::CastBridge::Squeeze2cast::start (127) squeeze2cast-armv6hf not found
              what do you have on /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/plugins/CastBridge/Bin ? I tried the full install on my cubieboard and it worked, sucessfully changed the access right of the armv6hf version and ran

Comment

• bpa
                • Oct 2005

I will try, but this is yet another piece of code to understand and integrate where UPnP discovery was already build-in with my application and it came with a good amount of code I wrote previously
                I thought as much but didn't want you to put too much effort into extra uPNP discovery.

Comment

• kidstypike
                  • Feb 2007

what do you have on /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/plugins/CastBridge/Bin ? I tried the full install on my cubieboard and it worked, sucessfully changed the access right of the armv6hf version and ran
                  Thanks, no Linux skills so go easy
                  Attached Files

Comment

• CommanderROR
                    • Mar 2013

That looks like the initial version, Dev1, which contained no Linux-ARM binaries...

Comment

• usc95
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by CommanderROR
                      @usc95

How did you turn your FireTVs off in LMS? I'm trying to do the same, but have failed to find a suitable option...
                      I was simply referring to off in Ipeng. It didn't make the FireTVs go away.

Comment

• kidstypike
                        • Feb 2007

That looks like the initial version, Dev1, which contained no Linux-ARM binaries...
                        Hmmm... I installed it via the repository, how would I get the correct version?

Thanks

Comment

• CommanderROR
                          • Mar 2013

In LMS Plugins page, uncheck the "ChromeCast Bridge" Plugin, then restart LMS. After that add the Plugin again, restart LMS a second time and you'll have the newest version.

For some reason auto-update does not pick up these changes...

Comment

• CommanderROR
                            • Mar 2013

@Philippe_44

It's now working for me for the first time (Dev3) but getting it to pick up the Player was a major hassle! I don't know what triggered it in the end, but I did about a dozen restarts, reboots, CCA reboots and setting-resets, then it suddenly showed up and is currently playing without issue.

It also now ignores my FireTV, so whatever you did worked. I think the main problem right now is discovering and connecting to CCA. Once that is done it should play just fine, changing to a different stream is also no problem. Maybe it's an issue with Upnp not working quite right with CCA? Or something special about my network setup...

Comment

• kidstypike
                              • Feb 2007

In LMS Plugins page, uncheck the "ChromeCast Bridge" Plugin, then restart LMS. After that add the Plugin again, restart LMS a second time and you'll have the newest version.

For some reason auto-update does not pick up these changes...
                              Spot on, thanks very much!

Comment

• CommanderROR
                                • Mar 2013

@Philippe_44

Yep, just like I feared. I connected via TuneIn, which then promptly cut off the LMS connection (which is OK) but despite closing the connection from TuneIn, I now can't get the CCA to play via LMS anymore. It keeps scanning, but never finds the CCA anymore.

Oh well, it's still early days after all...

Comment

Working...