Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1152
    Hmmmm....so tell me if this is a coincidence....I just tried setting up LMS and Chromecast Bridge on an Ubuntu box on the same network, to see if it had any problems detecting my Chromecast. It had no problem, but what's more interesting is that my original LMS server (on the Windows machine) has now suddenly managed to find the Chromecast. Could the Ubuntu installation have done anything to "wake up" the Chromecast and make it visible to the other LMS server on the network?

If you shut everything down, and then just restart the Windows system, does it see the devices?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    Hmmmm....so tell me if this is a coincidence....I just tried setting up LMS and Chromecast Bridge on an Ubuntu box on the same network, to see if it had any problems detecting my Chromecast. It had no problem, but what's more interesting is that my original LMS server (on the Windows machine) has now suddenly managed to find the Chromecast. Could the Ubuntu installation have done anything to "wake up" the Chromecast and make it visible to the other LMS server on the network?
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    If you shut everything down, and then just restart the Windows system, does it see the devices?
    I've seen similar problems where some network elements (PLC, switches) were filtering out mDNS requests/reponses an so Chromecast/AirPlay devices were not detectable. It depends on the topology between the CC and were the bridge is running
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I've used it before, but it has long since stopped finding my DLNA devices so I'll probably remove it.
    Hmmm ... I missed this one. If both do not work, it definitively points to a networking issue. They use different discovery mechanism but all require that your network is not NATed or that various discovery packets are forwarded.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Hmmm ... I missed this one. If both do not work, it definitively points to a networking issue. They use different discovery mechanism but all require that your network is not NATed or that various discovery packets are forwarded.
    It's strange that the server has now suddenly detected the Chromecast and is working again. The only thing that I did was install a 2nd instance of LMS on a Linux box. Neither the Linux box nor the Windows server are detecting my DLNA renderers though.
    ???

It's strange that the server has now suddenly detected the Chromecast and is working again. The only thing that I did was install a 2nd instance of LMS on a Linux box. Neither the Linux box nor the Windows server are detecting my DLNA renderers though.
    ???
    You should "draw" your network topology, how's everything connected (including switches)

You should "draw" your network topology, how's everything connected (including switches)
    Here's what it looks like:
    Name:  Network topology.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  45.6 KB
    Network connections are ethernet except where wireless is indicated (i.e. the link to the Chromecast)

Here's what it looks like:
    Name:  Network topology.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  45.6 KB
    Network connections are ethernet except where wireless is indicated (i.e. the link to the Chromecast)
    Thanks - how are connected the UPnP devices that are not discovered?

Thanks - how are connected the UPnP devices that are not discovered?
    They are connected to the 8-port switch to the right of the diagram.

They are connected to the 8-port switch to the right of the diagram.
    So, there might be a pattern here of 2 hops. Any chance you could connect one to the 24-ports switch?