Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Announce: We're updating theofficial Spotify app

> Got the mail today from Spotify telling me it'll be removed. Will it
    > just be removed from devices running SqueezeBox, or is it being removed
    > from the SmartRadio platform too?

It's both Squeezebox and UE SmartRadio. They missed that part and should
    update their posting any moment.

--

Michael

Spotify disconnect from Squeeze .

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Got the mail today from Spotify telling me it'll be removed. Will it
    > just be removed from devices running SqueezeBox, or is it being removed
    > from the SmartRadio platform too?

It's both Squeezebox and UE SmartRadio. They missed that part and should
    update their posting any moment.

--

Michael
    Just at the moment when my Broadband is being upgraded and will hopefully work properly. I sincerely hope that you lot will find a work around!
    If not I will have to throw away a lot of excellent gear and buy some new stuff. My Brother in law has a Yamaha set up. It just sounds awful! Very clunky too.
    Maybe the Chromecast connect solution may be a solution? But surely, it can't it can't match the sound quality?

Otherwise perhaps resort to ripping from Spotify (naughty!) and adding to my NAS, but I didn't post that.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryFn View Post
    Just at the moment when my Broadband is being upgraded and will hopefully work properly. I sincerely hope that you lot will find a work around!
    If not I will have to throw away a lot of excellent gear and buy some new stuff. My Brother in law has a Yamaha set up. It just sounds awful! Very clunky too.
    Maybe the Chromecast connect solution may be a solution? But surely, it can't it can't match the sound quality?

Otherwise perhaps resort to ripping from Spotify (naughty!) and adding to my NAS, but I didn't post that.
    You did see this?:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-Spotty-v1-1-0
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1494667952 @ Sat May 13 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

You might like to try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - or Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop experience...

Spotty is the answer? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    I noticed it, and I guess it will work? Once I have something working I am reluctant to fiddle but I guess I will have to.

I love the way I can connect all my touch boxes, the use Squeezeplay on computer and if we have a party use the Radio as an extra speaker in the garden or wherever.

So spotty here we come!

THANKS and THANKS again

Quote Originally Posted by JerryFn View Post
    I noticed it, and I guess it will work? Once I have something working I am reluctant to fiddle but I guess I will have to.

I love the way I can connect all my touch boxes, the use Squeezeplay on computer and if we have a party use the Radio as an extra speaker in the garden or wherever.

So spotty here we come!

Yes followed the instructions, lost a bit but then realised that it can take time for the plugin to appear.

Yes it works a treat. SO MANY THANK YOU's

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Could you please give Spotty a try
    (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=107615)? The official
    Spotify implementation is going away, soon :-(.
    Just want to confirm this is working. Had to repurpose an rpi as the lms server, as the new spotty app won't run on my ds209. Now Spotify is up again (with all artists) and still able to connect to my own library on the synology.

Thanks again!