Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Error

Pandora Error

Anyone else encountering this when attempting to access Pandora from Squeezebox Touch? "Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?)"

What's the solution?
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Are you in the US? If not, have you changed your location on MySB.com to US?

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Are you in the US? If not, have you changed your location on MySB.com to US?
    Yes, I'm in the US and have been a Pandora customer for years with little-to-no problems. My Pandora account works on my iPhone and on my computer. It's just my three Squeezebox Touch that are having the problem.
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Solution to Problem

Problem: A power interruption somehow cause my group of Squeezebox Touch to get out of sync with Pandora app X iPeng controller app.

Solution: 1) I did hard boot (factory settings) with the SBTs and sync'ed them back to my SQ account. 2) I uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora via iPeng.

Spoke too soon...

The problem seems to have returned. Since I can access my Pandora account via mysqueezebox(dot)com, I suspect it has to do with LMS. Anyone have any insight into wrong settings that might suggest to the Pandora servers that I'm outside the US?

Pandora Error

> The problem seems to have returned. Since I can access my Pandora
    > account via mysqueezebox(dot)com, I suspect it has to do with LMS.

You're not using test.mysqueezebox.com by any chance? And you're running
    your LMS inside the US?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The problem seems to have returned. Since I can access my Pandora
    > account via mysqueezebox(dot)com, I suspect it has to do with LMS.

You're not using test.mysqueezebox.com by any chance? And you're running
    your LMS inside the US?

Michael
    No, not using test.mysqueezebox.com and I'm inside the US.

My 7.7.5 LMS doesn't SHOW it recognizes my players when using the "Server Settings" browser tab. But I have no problem connecting to TIDAL or others.

Under Players tab I'm getting this:

>>>>>Your player was not found.

>>>>>If you own a Squeezebox or Transporter:

>>>>>Make sure that your player is plugged in and its networking settings are correct. Click the Refresh button once your player is connected.

Which "Refresh" button is being referenced, Michael?

Further, looking under the Web Remote Control/Web based Interface, I show this error message under the Pandora app: "There was an error loading the remote feed for Pandora: (Cannot access mysqueezebox.com services without a player connected.)
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2015-09-26 at 10:13.

Tried this...

I've had problems with my Squeezebox Touch (3) drifting out of sync as well as LMS sending info to Pandora that I was outside the US. I kept playing around, trying various resets. Under the "Advanced" tab of the LMS Control Panel I ran a "Cleanup" of only the cache folder, library database, and artwork cache etc. It seems to have fixed both problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    Anyone else encountering this when attempting to access Pandora from Squeezebox Touch? "Client restricted due to licensing restrictions (are you not in the US?)"

What's the solution?
    All of a sudden, I'm having the same problem here in New York. I can play my saved Pandora streams if I connect my Touch directly to MySB.com; but I can't play those same saved streams if I'm connected via LMS. What's more, if I try to log into my Pandora account via the web, I'm told there's a username / password problem. I'm still waiting for a reply from Pandora tech support - but any further thoughts here in the meantime?
    AGB

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.5 - 1416570306 @ Thu Nov 27 07:38:09 CUT 2014 (Default Web UI, Win7HomePrem 64-bit,#7600.
    Music Library on internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice etc).

USA:
    LinkSys WRT54GS Router, WPA2
    1 x Touch, wireless. (Firmware:7.7.3-r16676)
    Controller: 7.7.2-r9663

France:
    Sagem Livebox 2FR
    1 x SB3, wireless. (Firmware 137)
    1 x Touch, wireless. (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    Controller: 7.7.1-r9557
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 usually LAN]: 7.7.3-r16676

mysqueezebox.com Datacenter Location Issue - Pandora License Restriction

I've been running my Squeezebox Classic for years without any major, unresolvable issues - thus, this is my first post. I recently had a router power supply go bad, which I've since replaced, but since then, I'm having a number of issues with my set-up. I'm not sure if the router issue is related, because I haven't played the Squeezebox for a few weeks, but I've lost the reference to all of my playlists (which I can't seem to get resolved, despite flushing the cache,etc).
    That said, my biggest issue at the moment is that I'm getting the Pandora "Access restricting due to licensing issues" message, and mysqueezebox.com information is showing my Data Center location as SB EU WEST, despite the fact that, last I checked, I'm in New Jersey. As there's no way I know of to manually select my datacenter location, I've tried switching my location in mysqueezebox.com account settings to something other than the U.S. (which is recognized as not being my correct location), saving changes, and then changing it back to the U.S.A. - but the mysqueezebox.com location remains SB EU WEST in the info screen.
    I can't get Pandora to run directly through web access on my computer through Chrome, either, although it will run on Firefox as well as on my iPad - so it's not a Pandora account issue, as far as I can tell (beyond the SB European datacenter assignment issue)
    Any recommendations for getting the datacenter location issue resolved?

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm running this all on an old Win XP machine (which I suspect could also be part of the Pandora issue).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by WJK59; 2016-12-27 at 16:43.