Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Radio clock wrong after restarting raspberry Pi

This morning my Max2Play server was switched off by my cat stepping on the switch of the four way extension behind the TV. When I switched it back on the time was around three hours out on both of my Radios. Rebooting one of them corrected the time on that one but I left the other to see how long it would take to sync the time with the server.
    It has now been 45 minutes and no change. How often does the Radio check the time with the server? If this somehow happened overnight and the cat managed to retrace his steps and restore power to the server my morning alarm would be scuppered.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seems like I have my answer. Around an hour after restarting the time is correct.

Ntp rules allow you to control everything about how it corrects the clock, from "jump to the correct time every few seconds" to "slew the time to the right value at a rate of no more than 1s per day". A reboot usually forces it to do an immediate update though.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Ntp rules allow you to control everything about how it corrects the clock, from "jump to the correct time every few seconds" to "slew the time to the right value at a rate of no more than 1s per day". A reboot usually forces it to do an immediate update though.
    The server time was correct but it took an hour for the Radio clock to update.