Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tunein Radio - problem with KBC Radio 1602

I have the problem that I cannot listen to the radio station KBC Radio 1602 on my Squeezeboxes any more.
    An error message shows up when selecting the station: "found no items in playlist" (message on my Squeezebox Radio and Touch), and "no useable stream" on my Android app. Squeeze Control.
    The station could be listened to until TODAY! However, no problems at all when I start the Tunein Radio app. directly (Android, or Windows, etc.).
    I am curious why my Logitech devices (including my max2play Squeezelight players) have this problem.
    All other stations in my favourites can be listened to without any problems. In addition, it does not make any difference when I use mysqueezebox.com or the LMS server on one of my max2play devices).
    I hope that this can be resolved soon!
    Max2Play, PiCoreplayer, 2 x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezebox Touch

Quote Originally Posted by tomsat50 View Post
    I have the problem that I cannot listen to the radio station KBC Radio 1602 on my Squeezeboxes any more.
    An error message shows up when selecting the station: "found no items in playlist" (message on my Squeezebox Radio and Touch), and "no useable stream" on my Android app. Squeeze Control.
    The station could be listened to until TODAY! However, no problems at all when I start the Tunein Radio app. directly (Android, or Windows, etc.).
    I am curious why my Logitech devices (including my max2play Squeezelight players) have this problem.
    All other stations in my favourites can be listened to without any problems. In addition, it does not make any difference when I use mysqueezebox.com or the LMS server on one of my max2play devices).
    I just did a search for KBC Radio 1602 in LMS, 1 result, plays fine for me.

Name:  pic10-01-2018-15.20.43.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  23.3 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22 > Edifier R980T
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio

Searching for "KBC Radio" got me this: "KBC Radio 1602 AM" (48kbps). This one works. Did you mean this station?

But I had (and still have) problems with some stations on TuneIn Radio, too, over the last days.

Well, looks like kidstypike beat me to it.
    LMS 7.9.1@1.05 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

The issue is with Tune-in.

The underlying URL is still playable.
    http://stream01.itego.nl:8000/kbc-low

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

Now it's a draw between "it works" and "it doesn't". Maybe just regional hiccups?

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Now it's a draw between "it works" and "it doesn't". Maybe just regional hiccups?
    For some reason Tune in search is not returning the URL from my location (IRL) - Web or LMS. I'm guessing a Dutch station wants to do simple geo locking but underlyign URL is playablein my location.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

Thanks! This stream works! I am only missing the station artwork...
    The most important is that I can keep on listening to this station which is one of my favourites.
    Still wonder why the original stream has stopped...

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I just did a search for KBC Radio 1602 in LMS, 1 result, plays fine for me.

Name:  pic10-01-2018-15.20.43.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  23.3 KB
    This is what I see (original stream, no audio...):
    Name:  Knipsel.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  20.9 KB

And this (alternative stream, WITH audio):
    Name:  KBC.JPG
Size:  17.0 KB

This is what I see (original stream, no audio...):
    Name:  Knipsel.JPG
Size:  20.9 KB

And this (alternative stream, WITH audio):
    Name:  KBC.JPG
Size:  17.0 KB
    On my system the wrong (here: RSS) logo is used when a radio station is added in "Playing Now". And the wrong name, didn't notice that before.

Name:  lms_rss.png
Views: 40
Size:  146.8 KB

If added browsing the search results, the station's logo is used.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2018-01-10 at 10:12. Reason: Enhancing the visual experience.

Generic problem?

This might be a more generic problem.
    I don't have any graphical metadata with any internet radio stream for which I enter an URL directly or use mysqueezebox.com.
    Only when using commercial datacollector TuneIn it seems to work.

However: apparently, it did seem to have been working in the past (and that is also what I recall):
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/archiv...p/t-98815.html
    2x Touch, working on a Odroid-C2/Soekris-DAC/Hypex-Ncore all-in-one solution.