Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

It's running now.

Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    Do not open the file in notepad; download it directly to the directory in your LMS jail. After you create the lms file using openssl, do not copy the file using Windows explorer; use the Linux mv command instead:

Code:
    mv lms /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
    Make sure you set the proper permissions on the file. That is the purpose of these lines:

Code:
    chown root:wheel /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
    chmod 555 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
    As it turns out, all of the commands are there for a reason. It's fine to find your own way, but you have to know all the milestones along it...
    I understand all the commands are important, but I misunderstood and thought the code in the downloaded file was to be used instead of the code in your original post that sets permissions.

You have been most helpful and I greatly appreciate you putting up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik S View Post
    It's running now.
    Congratulations! Enjoy!
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

Help a noob out please? :)

Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    Congratulations! Enjoy!
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any joy with this recently? I only ask as I've spent hours trying to get this work on my Freenas server and i'm falling down at the bit where it states "./buildme.sh | tee /tmp/LMS/buildme.sh.log"

When I run this I get an error saying :

*** [Scan.o] Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/Audio-Scan-0.95.
    make test failed, aborting

I'm guessing this is just the first hurdle for me, but until i can resolve this I dont want to push on with the rest of the install as it could be just this issue thats stopping my success! Just as a bit of background info, Perl has been updated to version 5.20.3..and I'm assuming this is part of my issue! Plus the download of the "slimserver" files seems to possibly be a little out of date as the "amd64-freebsd-thread-multi" folder is nowhere to be seen when ive downloaded the files/folder etc...

If anyone has any advice or information that might help me out with anything then i'd be most appreciative

Happy New Year y'all!

Pete

A little advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik S View Post
    I understand all the commands are important, but I misunderstood and thought the code in the downloaded file was to be used instead of the code in your original post that sets permissions.

You have been most helpful and I greatly appreciate you putting up with me.
    Hi Erik S,

Can you tell me if you have managed to get this working with Perl 5.20.3? I cant get by this bit "./buildme.sh | tee /tmp/LMS/buildme.sh.log"

I get the error :

Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/Audio-Scan-0.95.
    make test failed, aborting

Did you ever get this error mate? I'm totally stumped....been trying for weeks to get this working

Any help or advice would be appreciated?

Cheers,
    Pete

Hi,

thanks for sharing all this information.

However it does not work here. I get the meassage some otheres mentioned earlier

Code:
    Stop in /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/libmediascan-0.1/bindings/perl.
    make failed, aborting
    I changed the SYMLINKS from 5.20.2 to 5.20.3 (which is according to perl -v) the correct version.

So now it is

Code:
    ln -s -f /usr/local/bin/perl5.20.3 /usr/bin/perl
    ln -s -f /usr/local/bin/perl5.20.3 /usr/bin/perl5

Any idea?

Thanks

S

To those having troubles,

I only check in here occasionally and I'm far from a Linux/FreeNAS/FreeBSD maven. But nearly every problem I've seen with building LMS is related to:

1) Perl

and /or

2) permissions

All the references to Perl have to be consistent throughout the process. If you're dealing with version 5.20.3, make sure you adjust all steps to reflect that.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

I'd just like to chime in and say thanks to those that made and contributed to this thread. The instructions worked pretty much flawlessly; the only thing I had to do differently was to change the perl 5.20.2 references to 5.20.3.

I followed the instructions and managed getting everything in place, after restarting the jail as the last instruction. I tried the ip:9000 but no success..
    i went into the jail to try and start it manually (service lms restart) i get the error:
    Code:
    root@SqueezeServ:/ # service lms restart                                        
    lms not running? (check /var/run/lms/lms.pid).                                  
    Starting lms.                                                                   
    /usr/local/lms/slimserver.pl: not found                                         
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms: WARNING: failed to start lms                           
    root@SqueezeServ:/ #
    the file is located in the correct place i believe all rights are correct (as the instructions tell)
    anyone know what could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I followed the instructions and managed getting everything in place, after restarting the jail as the last instruction. I tried the ip:9000 but no success..
    i went into the jail to try and start it manually (service lms restart) i get the error:
    Code:
    root@SqueezeServ:/ # service lms restart                                        
    lms not running? (check /var/run/lms/lms.pid).                                  
    Starting lms.                                                                   
    /usr/local/lms/slimserver.pl: not found                                         
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms: WARNING: failed to start lms                           
    the file is located in the correct place i believe all rights are correct (as the instructions tell)
    anyone know what could be the problem?
    With not much to go on I would first look at the startup script. If it has any extra spaces or unexpected end of line characters it can fail. Make sure you have a clean copy of it, preferably one that has not been processed by Windows.

I re-downloaded the lms file and the MD5 hash is the same as in the hash in the downloaded file.
    but the startup is no success..

Code:
    root@SqueezeServ:/ # service lms start                                          
    Starting lms.                                                                   
    The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Logitech Media Server
    :                                                                               
      Image::Scale:                                                                 
    Image::Scale object version 0.11 does not match bootstrap parameter 0.08 at /usr
    /local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/DynaLoader.pm line 216.                              
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 92) line 1.                              
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 92) line 1.                          

To fix this problem you have several options:                                   
    1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Modul
    e                                                                               
    2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.                         
    3. Run the .tar.gz version of Logitech Media Server which includes all required 
    CPAN modules.                                                                   

Anny ideas?
    Last edited by Wolfy; 2016-02-27 at 16:18.