Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    There's some chance that I could make my .tar of the LMS build available and it could be copied into the run jail and just work...
    Yep a sort of export of the jail that contains a run build might be nice If only someone could build a plugin of it for FreeNAS it would be wonderful

  2. #12
    Senior Member get.amped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    786
    I initially found this thread at the FreeNAS forums and you might try looking for some help there as well:

    https://forums.freenas.org/index.php...scratch.27161/
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    I initially found this thread at the FreeNAS forums and you might try looking for some help there as well:
    https://forums.freenas.org/index.php...scratch.27161/
    Yep I posted there for the problem of startup I encounter with your build

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6

    I am getting the same result.

    Quote Originally Posted by vincen View Post
    Followed the tutorial step by step, just had to update the download link for the mightly build avalaible but compiles fails. Here is a copy of the last lines below. Any clues what's wrong ?

    Code:
    /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap 
     Scan.xs > Scan.xsc && mv Scan.xsc Scan.c                                                                                           
    Please specify prototyping behavior for Scan.xs (see perlxs manual)                                                                 
    cc -c  -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/
    CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimse
    rver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include  -DHAS_FPSETMASK -DHAS_FLOATINGPOINT_H -fno-strict-al
    iasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing    -DVERSION=\"0.01\"  -DXS_VER
    SION=\"0.01\" -DPIC -fPIC "-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/CORE"  -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused-value -Wno-format-security Scan.c          
    ./xs/Result.xs: In function 'XS_Media__Scan__Result_size':                                                                          
    ./xs/Result.xs:45: warning: format '%llu' expects type 'long long unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'uint64_t'                 
    rm -f blib/arch/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so                                                                                             
    LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib" cc  -shared  -L/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/perl5.20/work/perl-5.20.3 -L/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/m
    ach/CORE -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/CORE -lperl -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Scan.o  -o blib/arch/auto/Media/Sc
    an/Scan.so /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libmediascan.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/
    libavformat.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libavcodec.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib
    /libswscale.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libavutil.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/
    libexif.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libjpeg.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libpng
    .a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libgif.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libdb.a     -l
    m -lz -lintl                                                                                                                        
    /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libavcodec.a(deinterlace.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `ff_
    pw_4' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC                                                             
    /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value                                                                                           
    *** [blib/arch/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so] Error code 1                                                                                
                                                                                                                                        
    Stop in /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/libmediascan-0.1/bindings/perl.                                                             
    make failed, aborting
    I see the same lines as you. Did you get it working?
    Thanks

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6

    On second thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik S View Post
    I see the same lines as you. Did you get it working?
    Thanks
    On closer inspection I see the last few lines are the same but before that there are differences. Here is the last of mine.

    Scan.bs
    /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap Scan.xs > Scan.xsc && mv Scan.xsc Scan.c
    cc -c -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -I/tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include -DHAS_FPSETMASK -DHAS_FLOATINGPOINT_H -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -DVERSION="0.01" -DXS_VERSION="0.01" -DPIC -fPIC "-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/CORE" -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused-value -Wno-format-security Scan.c
    rm -f blib/arch/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so
    LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib" cc -shared -L/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/perl5.20/work/perl-5.20.3 -L/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/CORE -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/CORE -lperl -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Scan.o -o blib/arch/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libmediascan.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libavformat.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libavcodec.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libswscale.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libavutil.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libexif.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libjpeg.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libpng.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libgif.a /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/include/../lib/libdb.a -lm -lz -lintl
    *** [blib/arch/auto/Media/Scan/Scan.so] Error code 1

    Stop in /tmp/LMS/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/libmediascan-0.1/bindings/perl.
    make failed, aborting


    Anything obvious to anyone?
    Thanks

  6. #16
    Senior Member get.amped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    786
    Unfortunately, I am a Linux dilettante and am pretty much baffled by buildme.sh and the logging it produces. *BUT* the issues you both are having are almost certainly related to the Perl version of the jail vs the one used for the build.

    Check to see if the version of Perl changed when you did the pkg installs. At the time I did this it was 5.20.2 but it could be something else now. If so, you will need to change the commands creating the symbolic links (ln -s -f ...) to the new path.

    I'm sure that someone who truly understands how the build script works could modify it to work properly with FreeBSD but I'm not that guy. I tried several times to do so when I was working through this process and none of the things I tried were successful. For whatever reason, without creating those symbolic links first, the script failed with similar logging output.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6

    Your ability far exceeds mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    Unfortunately, I am a Linux dilettante and am pretty much baffled by buildme.sh and the logging it produces. *BUT* the issues you both are having are almost certainly related to the Perl version of the jail vs the one used for the build.

    Check to see if the version of Perl changed when you did the pkg installs. At the time I did this it was 5.20.2 but it could be something else now. If so, you will need to change the commands creating the symbolic links (ln -s -f ...) to the new path.

    I'm sure that someone who truly understands how the build script works could modify it to work properly with FreeBSD but I'm not that guy. I tried several times to do so when I was working through this process and none of the things I tried were successful. For whatever reason, without creating those symbolic links first, the script failed with similar logging output.
    Your advice was perfect, I searched through the builfme.sh file for instances of "5.20" and found a reference to "5.20.3" so I modified your code accordingly and it seemed to work. Now I need to start LMS.

    Forgive my ignorance, but in your instructions you provide a link to a file that the instructions say needs to be decoded with openssl. Is openssl part of Freenas 9.3 or is it something I need to download?

    Thanks

  8. #18
    Senior Member get.amped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik S View Post
    Your advice was perfect, I searched through the builfme.sh file for instances of "5.20" and found a reference to "5.20.3" so I modified your code accordingly and it seemed to work. Now I need to start LMS.

    Forgive my ignorance, but in your instructions you provide a link to a file that the instructions say needs to be decoded with openssl. Is openssl part of Freenas 9.3 or is it something I need to download?

    Thanks
    You are referring to the startup script? You should be able to run that command in the FreeNAS shell to generate the correct file.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6

    Forgive me for being a pest.

    Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    You are referring to the startup script? You should be able to run that command in the FreeNAS shell to generate the correct file.
    I can't get LMS to start, so I will list my steps.

    I downloaded the file @ http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=jtuvqvEJ and opened it with notepad. I created the file lms.b64 in my LMS jail directory /tmp/lms. I pasted the block of unreadable text from the downloaded file into the lms.b64 file I created. In my LMS jail shell I ran the command openssl enc -base64 -d < lms.b64 > /tmp/lms. This created the file lms with no extension in the /tmp/lms directory. In windows explorer I copied the new lms file into my LMS jail directory /usr/local/etc/rc.d/. I restarted the jail and then tried to navigate my browser to 192.168.1.22:9000 (this is the IP of my LMS jail) and I get the message " Can't reach this page". I went back to my LMS jail shell and ran the commands "service lms start" and "service lms stop". In both cases I get the message "lms does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
    directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d).

    Any idea where I went wrong

    Thanks

  10. #20
    Senior Member get.amped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik S View Post
    I can't get LMS to start, so I will list my steps.

    I downloaded the file @ http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=jtuvqvEJ and opened it with notepad. I created the file lms.b64 in my LMS jail directory /tmp/lms. I pasted the block of unreadable text from the downloaded file into the lms.b64 file I created. In my LMS jail shell I ran the command openssl enc -base64 -d < lms.b64 > /tmp/lms. This created the file lms with no extension in the /tmp/lms directory. In windows explorer I copied the new lms file into my LMS jail directory /usr/local/etc/rc.d/. I restarted the jail and then tried to navigate my browser to 192.168.1.22:9000 (this is the IP of my LMS jail) and I get the message " Can't reach this page". I went back to my LMS jail shell and ran the commands "service lms start" and "service lms stop". In both cases I get the message "lms does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup
    directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d).

    Any idea where I went wrong

    Thanks
    Do not open the file in notepad; download it directly to the directory in your LMS jail. After you create the lms file using openssl, do not copy the file using Windows explorer; use the Linux mv command instead:

    Code:
    mv lms /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
    Make sure you set the proper permissions on the file. That is the purpose of these lines:

    Code:
    chown root:wheel /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
    chmod 555 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
    As it turns out, all of the commands are there for a reason. It's fine to find your own way, but you have to know all the milestones along it...
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •