Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Well.. the Sox file is located in one of the subdirectories of my LmsRepack folder.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Well.. the Sox file is located in one of the subdirectories of my LmsRepack folder.
    Ok, so you've got sox.exe but it may not be running. I know it's a bother but the best way for us to help is for you to install LMS on a PC, copy over some 16/44 and hi-res, and see if it works with your Nexus: without or with the earlier custom-convert.conf file.

I finally found some time to install LMS on my Win8 notebook.

I used the offical 7.7.5. version and after I set up everything I checked it with a 24/192 flac file and voilÓ ...it worked..played without any problems via my Nexus (and a custom-convert.conf file wasn┤t even needed).

Am I right now that my NAS is the bottleneck?

Thanks so far for everybody┤s help!!! Much, much appreciated.

Cheers,
    M.

Don't ditch the NAS just run LMS on a PC and point it at the storage on the NAS. Tell LMS the storage path by UNC path eg \\NASIP\MusicFolder use the IP address rather than name - assuming your NAS has a static IP. IPs always work, names can fail. You can map the drive as well. Both the PC and NAS should be wired not wireless.
    It should be straight forward.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

You can have both LMS running without problem the player can switch between them as needed . So you can start the win8 computer when needed .

Or make down converted copies at a resolution that works for you (as this is what LMS has to do anyway).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Don't ditch the NAS just run LMS on a PC and point it at the storage on the NAS. Tell LMS the storage path by UNC path eg \\NASIP\MusicFolder use the IP address rather than name - assuming your NAS has a static IP. IPs always work, names can fail. You can map the drive as well. Both the PC and NAS should be wired not wireless.
    It should be straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    You can have both LMS running without problem the player can switch between them as needed . So you can start the win8 computer when needed .

Or make down converted copies at a resolution that works for you (as this is what LMS has to do anyway).
    Thanks guys,
    Will do and go the notebook route for "backyard" activities :-)

Have a great sunny weekend.
    Cheers,
    M.