Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No sound coming from squeezebox

My squeezebox boom was working fine. The only setting I changed was the line in level. After I did that it still worked. Today I am not getting anything from it at all. There is no sound. It shows stations are playing but nothing plays. I have tried resetting everything. I have disconnected from my squeezebox account and connected it up again. Still same problem. Can anyone help?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobertH1 View Post
    My squeezebox boom was working fine. The only setting I changed was the line in level. After I did that it still worked. Today I am not getting anything from it at all. There is no sound. It shows stations are playing but nothing plays. I have tried resetting everything. I have disconnected from my squeezebox account and connected it up again. Still same problem. Can anyone help?

Check Settings > Audio > Line out, change it from what it says now to something else, then change back. Sometimes this kick starts it into playing normally.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Hi I found a solution. It was to press the preset 1 button then plug in the box. This reset something and it started working. Still not sure what caused this. But thanks for helping.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertH1 View Post
    Hi I found a solution. It was to press the preset 1 button then plug in the box. This reset something and it started working. Still not sure what caused this. But thanks for helping.

Have just solved s similar problem on a Squeezebox Radio (Hardware level 5).

I have two boxes synchronized, and when using the "dead" loudspeaker device it also calcelled out the sound on the other device (keep them unsynced as temporary solution).

I first thought the device had gone dead, but running the Diagnostics>Audio I could hear all three test sounds.

The above solution by RobertH1 did not work for me.

I finally run a Factory Reset, the problem was solved. Nice detail: user settings are mostly retained or recovered after this reset procedure.