Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Announce: ShairTunes2 plugin - Airtunes on your LMS

Hi,

this is a further development of the ShairTunes Plugin (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...irTunes-Plugin).

Installation instructions: https://github.com/disaster123/shair...ster/README.md
    Repo URL: http://raw.github.com/disaster123/sh...ter/public.xml
    Github: https://github.com/disaster123/shairport2_plugin

V0.18
    Changelog since v0.17:
    - remove FLUSH handling - as it does not work with IOs9
    - some smaller fixes and tunings

V0.17
    Changelog since v0.16:
    - use stop on flush to flush player buffers
    - fix a memory leak in IO::Select
    - print binary helper stderr to debug log
    - better debug output
    - log unknown content types (f.e. image/none since iOS 8.4)
    - fix Select task failed calling Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::handleSocketRead: Wide character in subroutine entry
    md5_hex only accept bytes and not characters above 255

V0.16
    Changelog since v0.15:
    - fixed character encoding problems for metadata
    - fixed killing of player publishing on restart

V0.15
    Changelog since v0.14:
    - really works on lms < 7.8
    - added v0.1 binary for arm - lower cpu usage - better buffer handling
    - support for 32bit osx

V0.14:
    Changelog since v0.13:
    - ARM binary added (sadly only from v0.13 - need somebody to recompile for v0.14)
    - log startup errors / stderr of shairport_helper
    - shairport_helper: MASSIVE reduce of CPU load using pthread_cond_wait instead of ugly sleeps
    - shairport_helper: buffer tuning
    - shairport_helper: introduce a version number for binaries

V0.13:
    Changelog since v0.12:
    - Mac OS X Suppor
    - 32bit Linux Support
    - more logging
    - ensure to "restart" / shutdown avahi on init/shutdown of the plugin

Changes since ShairTunes:
    - working covers / artwork
    - working metadata like title, album, artist, duration...
    - rework of socket reading and header parsing
    - skipping and play works faster
    - working only with LMS 7.8 or newer

It has automatic OS detection so no need to copy the helper binary. Please also ensue that you enable ipv6 in avahi AND restart avahi after install.
    Last edited by disaster123; 2015-09-20 at 10:11.

Woohoo! Now with accented characters. Great
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Fantastic Plugin, great job disaster123.

For anyone using VortexBox 2.3 I have posted instructions on installing this plugin and it's dependencies here.

The Capt.

Quote Originally Posted by disaster123 View Post
    Hi - Just a quick question: if I understand right, your plugin is to make LMS players controllable from AirPlay controller. I wrote a plugin that transforms UPnP devices into LMS "native" devices (squeezelite inspired). I've been asked if I could do the same, but for AirPlay devices. I've read a bit about Airplay, but I don't know much about. With your experience of shairtunes, do you think this could be feasible ? What I do know very well now is SlimProto and I'm heavily modified squeezelite, so I know it very well as well. Basically, I have everything in that "virtual squeezlite" to receive LMS audio data and buffer it if needed, receive and respond to LMS commands (start, stop, pause, volume ...), retreive metadata ... Then all these commands are forwarded to the UPnP player (acting as a bridge). From the UPnP player, I extract timing information, detect track change and report all that to LMS. Could I use shairtune to "replace" the UPnP side of the bridge and do the stitching. What's your opinion ?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Great Plugin! Just tested Shairtunes2 compared to the Shairtunes Plugin we used until now in the Max2Play-Image for Rasbperry and ODROID and it works much better espacially with the ODROID hardware! I will replace the current one with your Shairtunes2 in the next version. It can be installed just by clicking "Install Shairtunes" on our Max2Play webinterface (on Squeezebox Server tab). Thanks again!
    2 x Max2Play on ODROID U2/U3 with LMS, Squeezelite, Shairport, XBMC
    1 x Squeezebox Receiver
    1 x Denon 1713 AVR + Nubert 5.1 System
    iPeng

Max2Play Webinterface and SD-Image: http://www.max2play.com/
    Max2Play Shop: http://shop.max2play.com/

Thanks flysurfer. Would be nice if you could also name it Shairtunes2 - to avoid confusion.

Yes - I named it "Install Shairtunes2 (NEW) Plugin (Optimized version for ODROID and Raspberry by disaster123 - All connected Squeezeplayers can be used as Airplay Devices)" and added some more Information. A screenshot of how it looks like:

Name:  squeezeboxserver.jpg
Views: 11231
Size:  13.8 KB
    2 x Max2Play on ODROID U2/U3 with LMS, Squeezelite, Shairport, XBMC
    1 x Squeezebox Receiver
    1 x Denon 1713 AVR + Nubert 5.1 System
    iPeng

Max2Play Webinterface and SD-Image: http://www.max2play.com/
    Max2Play Shop: http://shop.max2play.com/

great / cool! Thanks a lot.

Hi,

the plugin is running fine with the LMS nighly build (7.9.0-1434024570_all.deb).
    During the AirPlay output I see this repeating debug message.

[15-06-11 22:15:36.9375] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1890) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::songinfoQuery]: [Can't call method "streamingSong" on an undefined value at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2/AIRPLAY.pm line 83.

Any idea what could be the issue?
    Thank You

Shairtunes2 on Max2Play

Quote Originally Posted by flysurfer View Post
    Great Plugin! Just tested Shairtunes2 compared to the Shairtunes Plugin we used until now in the Max2Play-Image for Rasbperry and ODROID and it works much better espacially with the ODROID hardware! I will replace the current one with your Shairtunes2 in the next version. It can be installed just by clicking "Install Shairtunes" on our Max2Play webinterface (on Squeezebox Server tab). Thanks again!
    Coincidentally, I have just (today) installed Shairtunes on my Max2Play RPi. However it does not seem to work: "max2play" comes up as a selectable option on the iPad AirPlay menu, but nothing gets to the SB players. I am assuming that this is the old version of Shairtunes, however, since (despite updating max2play) I do not see an option to install Shairtunes2. The max2play version is given as 2.13.
    Any ideas how to fix the problem and/or to get Shairtunes2?