Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 155 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Announce: UPnPBridge = integrate UPnP/DLNA players with LMS (squeeze2upnp)

[QUOTE=PasTim;820655]I had what may be the same problem. I had to add a custom-convert file. The extract from the user guide is as follows:

Some renderers do not support re-positioning of flac well. If you have this problem you need to create a custom transcoding rule. You first need to find the convert.conf file on your system (on linux this is in /etc/squeezeboxserver). This file contains the rules LMS uses to transcode from one format to another. To add a new rule, create a new file called 'custom-convert.conf' in the same directory and
    restart LMS. This file should contain (if you copy-paste below,be careful with the indentation):
    Code:
    flc flc * *
        # IR
        [flac] -cs - -
    This tells LMS to create a complete new flac file when a flac starts playing or is re-positionne. The LMS File Type for flac should now show flac transcoded to 'flac' rather than 'native'.

philippe - is the user guide copied to anywhere on the system when the plugin is used? I also see a few cross-references have errors in them (Erreur ! Source du renvoi introuvable.)
    thank you for your feedback, I will try as soon as possible this weekend.
    Last edited by herve; 2015-06-06 at 03:52.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post

philippe - is the user guide copied to anywhere on the system when the plugin is used? I also see a few cross-references have errors in them (Erreur ! Source du renvoi introuvable.)
    No, it is not copied during local installation. What I can do is add a link to it so that it opens up within the web browser
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    No, it is not copied during local installation. What I can do is add a link to it so that it opens up within the web browser
    May as well since you produced it. I don't know how useful people will find it, but you never know.....
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    May as well since you produced it. I don't know how useful people will find it, but you never know.....
    Integrated in a 0.2.4 dev version that I will release when I'll have some updates from Scintilla
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I will load the plugin and run it with some logging tomorrow. Sorry for delay am working this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by scintilla View Post
    I will load the plugin and run it with some logging tomorrow. Sorry for delay am working this weekend.
    No worries at all !

Quote Originally Posted by herve View Post
    Great job! Thanks for the plugin.
    I mainly tested streaming from tidal (flac) and it works well with an Atoll st200 streamer. however i have got an issue with the pause and resume. It will play the track from the begining again. I use the pioneer n30 settings. Any idea ?
    I think this may be something that Philippe can't solve and is a symptom of the variability of differing uPnP implementations on different machines. The Naim Uniti exhibits exactly the same quirk and we spent a lot of time trying different solutions,(including PasTim's flac custom-convert) and couldn't crack it. I even suggested changing my user name to "Paul in Pause-it" so frequent were my posts on the subject! I found that local files paused and unpaused correctly but that Qobuz, and later Tidal, flacs re-started from the beginning after a pause. Triode's Spotify plug-in, and radio streams worked perfectly. It was very much "stress testing" of the Sq2u app and in no way detracts from what is a brilliant plug-in so I just accept that that's what happens with streamed flacs. Incidentally it made no difference on whether Qobuz was streamed through the LMS plug-in or via ickStream in the way that Tidal is. If a solution can be found then that would raise my user satisfaction from 99.95% satisfied to 99.99.%. Always room for improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    I think this may be something that Philippe can't solve and is a symptom of the variability of differing uPnP implementations on different machines. The Naim Uniti exhibits exactly the same quirk and we spent a lot of time trying different solutions,(including PasTim's flac custom-convert) and couldn't crack it. I even suggested changing my user name to "Paul in Pause-it" so frequent were my posts on the subject! I found that local files paused and unpaused correctly but that Qobuz, and later Tidal, flacs re-started from the beginning after a pause. Triode's Spotify plug-in, and radio streams worked perfectly. It was very much "stress testing" of the Sq2u app and in no way detracts from what is a brilliant plug-in so I just accept that that's what happens with streamed flacs. Incidentally it made no difference on whether Qobuz was streamed through the LMS plug-in or via ickStream in the way that Tidal is. If a solution can be found then that would raise my user satisfaction from 99.95% satisfied to 99.99.%. Always room for improvement!
    I remember now all the test we did Still scratching my head on this one. I have also to say that I have a better grip on all the various slimprotocol and upnp "variations" now so, whenever/if you have time, I could take a log of a "correct pause/resume" with a local file and a "wrong one with Qobuz" (with your configuration file and the buffer files -idx- generated ) ? I might be able to have a better idea this time and find the mistery that probably is in some of the flac headers variation

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    It doesn't work with my local files neither... But it is not a big deal, i can live with.
    I tried the custom-convert.conf file and changed all different settings but that did not the trick. It may be my renderer, does anyone has a streamunlimited card and has the same issue ?
    The funniest thing is that pause / resume function did work... I could press the button "pause" twice but the third time it crashed.
    I installed bubbleupnp + linn kazoo, i have the same issue.
    Anyway thanks again for the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by herve View Post
    It doesn't work with my local files neither... But it is not a big deal, i can live with.
    I tried the custom-convert.conf file and changed all different settings but that did not the trick. It may be my renderer, does anyone has a streamunlimited card and has the same issue ?
    The funniest thing is that pause / resume function did work... I could press the button "pause" twice but the third time it crashed.
    I installed bubbleupnp + linn kazoo, i have the same issue.
    Anyway thanks again for the plugin.
    If you can still take a log of the incorrect resume, I will still have a look as I'm still trying to solve this problem - thanks !

And when you say "same issue with BubbleUPnP", you precisely mean pause restarts from the beginning as well ?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-06-07 at 12:30.