Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 1,401 to 1,406 of 1406
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    Had to get the book out. I've only had it an hour!

Apparently it does, but I haven't tried it yet.
    ... or more importantly, how to switch it off!
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    ... or more importantly, how to switch it off!
    I see what you mean hotspot shows up on my phone any time the device is on in the Wifi mode and I can't see a means of turning it off.

Your signature doesn't indicate that you have one of these. Do you have a GGMM device?

I've emailed support, in Germany. I'll post here if I get any meaningful reply.

Don't really need any more wifi around here, everyone's got one and as a former telecomms engineer I'm pretty well versed on spectrum/interference et al.

Edit: Not to mention battery conservancy.
    LMS: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Tue Mar 7 09:28:02 UTC 2017 on Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+/ Synology DS216J Network Music Store
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20/Topping VX2 DAC/Amp
    Wifi Players:
    UPnP Wifi Players: 2 x Chromecast Audio, 2 x Chromecast Video, Revo Super-Connect, GGMM-E5

I see what you mean hotspot shows up on my phone any time the device is on in the Wifi mode and I can't see a means of turning it off.

Your signature doesn't indicate that you have one of these. Do you have a GGMM device?

Don't really need any more wifi around here, everyone's got one and as a former telecomms engineer I'm pretty well versed on spectrum/interference et al.

Edit: Not to mention battery conservancy.
    Yes -- I've got the GGMM E3 . Probably set up like yours via the upnpbridge. Quite decent sound for the price!
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've thought a lot about how to listen, without earphones, to my LMS in the garden (US yard).

Thoughts of using a quality speaker box together with a chromecast audio or raspberry pi have usually foundered on the need for a portable power supply that supports Amplifier Voltage (usually around 12V) and the 5V required for the chromecast or Pi.

I've now found the GGMM-E5, which together with Phillipe's UPNP plugin works perfectly on my FLAC (44.1/16) music collection and bpa's BBCiPlayer (latest experimental FLAC streams on BBC Radio 3).

It's sounds pretty reasonable to my septuagenarian ears and works perfectly from a web gui or as an LMS android app on my phone.

It can also run on Bluetooth (Wash my mouth out) and aux in and even acts as a chargepak for charging your mobile.

It doesn't have a display though.

GGMM have other models with similar functionality.

LMS continues to evolve.

Thanks to Phillipe, bpa Michael and others for the continuing support.
    BTW, the GGMM-E5 is now supported in AirPlay mode, so you can have synchronization with other LMS players
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

I got a quick reply from their support which confirmed that the internal Wifi hotspot cannot be turned off only "hided" sic.

Not certain but this may be analogous to how Chromecasts work and how they provide Near Field Communication.

The hotspot is probably pretty low power for this reason.
    LMS: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Tue Mar 7 09:28:02 UTC 2017 on Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+/ Synology DS216J Network Music Store
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Wifi Players:
    UPnP Wifi Players: 2 x Chromecast Audio, 2 x Chromecast Video, Revo Super-Connect, GGMM-E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    BTW, the GGMM-E5 is now supported in AirPlay mode, so you can have synchronization with other LMS players
    Thanks for that Phillipe. Not sure I need it yet.

Still trying to figure out how to use the Alexa mode and how to move from one wifi router to another.

Apparently it's fine in Seattle today.
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Wifi Players: