Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 152 of 158 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1571
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    In AVTransport schemas, is there a method SetNextAVTransport (in addition to the SetAVTransport). If there is, send me a log so that I can see if the gapless method is invoked
    Screen shot from Device Spy and log file attached.

Name:  DeviceSpy.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  180.6 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Than View Post

Name:  DeviceSpy.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  180.6 KB
    The log shows proper use of the gapless capability so there should be no gap. Having said that, some players do not do full gapless although they support the method. The way some controllers ensure true gapless is by producing themselves a single stream of audio. For example, they decode all tracks to pcm and send that as a single 'track'. The side effect is that metadata is not displayed on the player. This is not the way my bridge works
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

In the early days of this plugin I had various problems with one of my players, including with gapless. Trying different settings and sizes (connection mode, file buffers and so on) fixed it. I can't say precisely which setting might work for you, but I think my player was sensitive to the timing and size of the first chunk in the 'next file' towards the end of one flac.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Streaming new Neil Young Archive via Orastream (DLNA?)

I wonder if this plugin would work with the new Neil Young Archives.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...745#post900745

EDIT: never mind....this plugin does the opposite. It streams from LMS to a dlna/upnp player. The Neil Young archives are the source, not the player.
    Last edited by garym; 2017-12-02 at 14:47.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    The log shows proper use of the gapless capability so there should be no gap. Having said that, some players do not do full gapless although they support the method. The way some controllers ensure true gapless is by producing themselves a single stream of audio. For example, they decode all tracks to pcm and send that as a single 'track'. The side effect is that metadata is not displayed on the player. This is not the way my bridge works
    Understand. Don’t think VSX-1130 decode flac to pcm though, since both metadata and cover art are working. Thank you for your time and support. I‘ll try some more different settings before giving up
    Besides the UPnP/DLNA bridge gapless issue, VSX-1130 is great since it plays two channel flac files up to 192/24 as well as multichannel (96/24) tracks. Only downside, it can’t handle flacs generated from wav files (spdif convert) with embedded AC-3 or dts data.

Understand. Don’t think VSX-1130 decode flac to pcm though, since both metadata and cover art are working. Thank you for your time and support. I‘ll try some more different settings before giving up
    Besides the UPnP/DLNA bridge gapless issue, VSX-1130 is great since it plays two channel flac files up to 192/24 as well as multichannel (96/24) tracks. Only downside, it can’t handle flacs generated from wav files (spdif convert) with embedded AC-3 or dts data.
    When you have successful gapless, is the controller the pioneer itself or and external application? If it's the pioneer from its internal software, gathering files from an upnp server, then that might explain why it works as the process is different and it likely does not use upnp methods to play. To prove that, you should try with a UPnP controller that for sure does not send everything as a single stream. Foorbar2000 might do that
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Hey Phil, I have a question or should I say issue. I just picked up a pioneer N50 and when I go to genre and I want to just hear a mix selection of Jazz it forces me to pick a single artist/folder. I have used Mp3tag for years keeping my collection in order, but this N50 is not playing nice with LMS, it doesn't read playlist I created. So whats the next step in trying to get this piece of gear to behave like a squeezebox.
    Pioneer Elite N50 main HT rig hardwired to router connected

1st Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

5th Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Quote Originally Posted by Recoveryone View Post
    Hey Phil, I have a question or should I say issue. I just picked up a pioneer N50 and when I go to genre and I want to just hear a mix selection of Jazz it forces me to pick a single artist/folder. I have used Mp3tag for years keeping my collection in order, but this N50 is not playing nice with LMS, it doesn't read playlist I created. So whats the next step in trying to get this piece of gear to behave like a squeezebox.
    Are you selecting genre on the N50 itself or on an LMS controller/web GUI using the LMS menu item? If using the N50 it probably won't work as you expect.

As to playlists, have you created them with LMS and are you playing them with LMS menus? If not it may not work.

This plugin drives the player using LMS track selection methods. Using a UPnP player's own menus to select tracks will not work in the same way as using a Logitech Squeezebox player.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Thanks Tim for that info, I will work through the LMS and see how it works

Server (In garage)
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup

Hey Tim or Phil, I tried Tim's suggestion about using the LMS to control my N50, but the LMS does not show it as one of my squeezebox's in the web interface, any other suggestion I can try?

Server (In garage)
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup