Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
    Well I'm a long term SqueezeBox user and I have no idea what your first line is about. I hope it makes more sense to the original poster, is it specific to the Radio UI?
    Both Radio and Touch menus have My Music or Music as an option
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by stannoo View Post
    Plea for help from an illiterate. I've installed triode's iPlayer plugin on the LMS on my Synology NAS. How do I access this on my Squeezebox Radio?

PS Apologies for the tech ignorance!

As per castalla below:-

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Choose My Music on main menu ... this should display your LMS device - choose

On main menu choose Radio - BBCiplayer

expanded slightly,

On the Radio,

press start button,

press Home button

select My Music

This should give you connection to the NAS
    If not ,scroll to bottom and select Switch Library
    This should offer a choice (including your NAS)

When you connect to the NAS,

on the Radio, press the Home button
    then scroll to either My Apps or Radio

Both Radio and Touch menus have My Music or Music as an option
    So does my Duet Receiver but I have no idea what choosing an LMS device means. Are you talking about selecting the local LMS instead of mysb.com, or selecting the particular player?

So does my Duet Receiver but I have no idea what choosing an LMS device means. Are you talking about selecting the local LMS instead of mysb.com, or selecting the particular player?
    if you choose My Music the radio should search for an LMS instance on the network - well, mine does.
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you choose My Music the radio should search for an LMS instance on the network - well, mine does.
    This is a bit alien to me, I never use mysb.com (I can't see why I'd ever want to) I always use my local LMS. And when I first set my Duet Receiver up it asked for my local LMS installation, so I'm a bit baffled as to why any LMS playback device wouldn't already know where it is.

That said, I have a working iPlayer Alpha3 plugin setup and so does the person that asked the question, so this dicussion is a bit pointless. I see that "My Music" (which I hardly ever use) has an entry at the bottom for "Switch Library" (which I never use), but the advice said nothing about "Switch Library" it said "select your LMS device" which is very ambiguous. I wasn't sure whether it even meant the server or the player.

This is a bit alien to me, I never use mysb.com (I can't see why I'd ever want to) I always use my local LMS. And when I first set my Duet Receiver up it asked for my local LMS installation, so I'm a bit baffled as to why any LMS playback device wouldn't already know where it is.

That said, I have a working iPlayer Alpha3 plugin setup and so does the person that asked the question, so this dicussion is a bit pointless. I see that "My Music" (which I hardly ever use) has an entry at the bottom for "Switch Library" (which I never use), but the advice said nothing about "Switch Library" it said "select your LMS device" which is very ambiguous. I wasn't sure whether it even meant the server or the player.
    Pardon my lack of clarity. Mea culpa x 3.
    SB Player - Fire TV

Pardon my lack of clarity. Mea culpa x 3.

Naughty Step for you then

Testing new faad.exe on WHS v1

I've been using the new faad.exe from this guide for a week on my WHS v1 LMS 7.8.0 system. My player is a Receiver so all AAC has to be transcoded. I've been deliberately using AAC streams when I might normally use higher bit rate MP3. This week I've been listening to:

Classic FM live 48kbps AAC (extensive, a couple of hours most evenings)
    AVRO Baroque 64kbps AAC (a couple of hours only)
    BBC Radio 2 live HLS 320kbps AAC (an hour or two every morning using iPlayer alpha3 plugin)
    BBC Radio 3 listen again RTMP 320kbps AAC (two Early Music Show episodes using iPlayerExtras)

I also played all my local ALAC content, which consists of Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells online release through Bowers & Wilkins.

I shall continue to test the new faad.exe as much as possible.

I shall continue to test the new faad.exe as much as possible.
    The faad problem will only show up at the start of a show - so to test a lot of stop/starts of different shows would be the best test. Playing duration is irrelevant to the bug but will test for the rebuffering issue.
    Last edited by bpa; 2015-04-19 at 13:07.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The faad problem will only show up at the start of a show - so to test a lot of stop/starts of different shows would be the best test. Playing duration is irrelevant to the bug but will test for the rebuffering issue.
    That's not the point. The bug fix is easy to prove, it's obvious just looking at the source code that the old way was wrong (over generalisation of a Unix specific technique) and the new method of checking the command line parameters is far more reliable.

The point is to check that the new faad.exe doesn't have any regressions, ie. hasn't broken things that work in the old one. Michael Herger said he wanted to see lots of testing of the new faad.exe before he'd include it in an LMS release. I'm doing my bit and reporting that I'm doing so. I've not seen much sign of others reporting how much they're testing faad.exe, so unless it's being done somewhere I don't see I suspect it will be a long time before Michael accepts the new faad.exe.