Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    @Ralphy

Did you try your setup with display connected via GPIO?
    If yes, did you found a sound difference (e.g. better sound without display)?
    no

Is your load going up with display to 1-2 (Pi B)?
    On a non overclocked B and B+, jivelite uses about 60% cpu running the VU meter visualizer in the WQVGA Small Print Skin

Is your jivelite/PiCore combination working from RAM like Picore only?
    Yes, and I also run the same build on raspbian wheezy 7.8. You can download the wheezy build from my squeezebox client build in the jivelite->linux folder. The url is in my signature.

IR remote control: You used FLIRC via USB; why not LIRC? Because of problems with GPIO?
    lirc is not support in jivelite only keyboard handling, which the flirc emulates

Have you tested hires (24bit 192kHz) flac format in combination with display and ticker of tag datas? Any performance problems (interruptions during music reproduction) with your setup?
    Only 24bit 96kHz. I needed to set the squeezelite -a parameter to 240 for glitch free playback with jivelite and the VU meters now playing screen.

Maybe you have done measurement of jitter?
    No

It would be very nice, if your work would have solved these problems caused by GPIO interface with standard use of operating system distributions.
    I have no idea how you expect a port of jivelite for picoreplayer could do this!
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Ralphy,

My impression is a lot of people run picoreplayer on a headless setup. Have you given any thought to a configuration that runs jivelite on a virtual framebuffer with Xvfb which you could connect to via vnc? So, potentially you could get jivelite displayed on a tablet for example, rather than use a 3rd party app as a controller.

Jivelite freezed/crashed in latest picoreplayer

Hello Ralphy,

i'm using the latest picoreplayer version with jivelite enabled. So far a very good concept and solution. But I got problems with the integrated jivelite version.

After I select the joggler skin and listen to internet radio jivelite crashed/freezed sometimes. No Inputs are possible then and I need to restart the pi. If I change the skin to a smaller resolution version the freezing happens not so often. It is not possible for me to get any logs, cause I am new to tinycore linux. I read, that jivelite will use syslog but how can I activate it in picoreplayer? Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Pia

Quote Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
    Ralphy,

My impression is a lot of people run picoreplayer on a headless setup. Have you given any thought to a configuration that runs jivelite on a virtual framebuffer with Xvfb which you could connect to via vnc? So, potentially you could get jivelite displayed on a tablet for example, rather than use a 3rd party app as a controller.
    To use Xvfb you would need most of the X libraries to be installed on the picoreplayer image.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I have a build of jivelite available for piCorePlayer.
    Greg and Steen are in the process of evaluating the package for inclusion in the piCorePlayer images.
    That's really cool !!! Do you think from a memory point of view it would run on an A+ ? I feel its time for a bit of CAD to create a printable nice housing. I do a bit of CAD (I'm not very good at that, though) and have 3D printers and if others are interested, maybe we could build a decent housing. Somebody did something like that a while ago http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:721859 but if others have an idea of the how they want such a box to look like, maybe we could open another thread and they could post suggestions
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    That's really cool !!! Do you think from a memory point of view it would run on an A+
    Jivelite is currently using 56M after running for 24 hours using the visualizer now player screen.

My B+ is using a total of 137M for the entire picoreplayer with jivelite and squeezelite and I haven't unloaded the extra audio card kernel modules not in use.

So yes, it should fix in the memory of the A+.
    Ralphy

Jivelite for piCorePlayer

Jivelite is currently using 56M after running for 24 hours using the visualizer now player screen.

My B+ is using a total of 137M for the entire picoreplayer with jivelite and squeezelite and I haven't unloaded the extra audio card kernel modules not in use.

So yes, it should fix in the memory of the A+.
    Sounds good - I have a spare A+ and a display (need to see if this is a compatible one, it is for raspi for sure). Then need to work on case, waiting a bit for suggestion from others how it should look like
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-08-04 at 07:09.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by PiaM View Post
    Hello Ralphy,

i'm using the latest picoreplayer version with jivelite enabled. So far a very good concept and solution. But I got problems with the integrated jivelite version.

After I select the joggler skin and listen to internet radio jivelite crashed/freezed sometimes. No Inputs are possible then and I need to restart the pi. If I change the skin to a smaller resolution version the freezing happens not so often. It is not possible for me to get any logs, cause I am new to tinycore linux. I read, that jivelite will use syslog but how can I activate it in picoreplayer? Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Pia
    What version of picoreplayer?

What rpi model?

What "sound card" are you using?

I've been running squeezelite, on the internal audio of a B+ and jivelite with the visualizer enabled for 48 hours on version 1.19L.
    I switched between the joggler and 1280x1024 HD skin during this time and jivelite continues to be usable and squeezelite keeps playing.

I'm unable to reproduce a jivelite hang.
    Ralphy

What version of picoreplayer?

What rpi model?

What "sound card" are you using?

I've been running squeezelite, on the internal audio of a B+ and jivelite with the visualizer enabled for 48 hours on version 1.19L.
    I switched between the joggler and 1280x1024 HD skin during this time and jivelite continues to be usable and squeezelite keeps playing.

I'm unable to reproduce a jivelite hang.
    Sorry my mistake, it is the 1.19L on an Pi 2B - display with 800x480 so I choosed the joggler skin. The soundcard is an external usb dac. Squeezelite still plays fine if the jivelite freezing occurs.
    Another crazy behavior happens to the cover in the NowPlaying view. Sometimes one pic is displayed two times in one (cover becomes cover|cover). This happens by listening to a tunein radio station. But nevertheless thank you for your answer. I think I will try an reinstall. Maybe something went wrong with some libraries or so.

PiCore/Jivelite Freeze

Hi

I have had exactly the same problem. Happy to provide whatever diagnostics feedback that would help. I can't find the syslog or error files. I have tried with every version of of PiCore with jivelight enabled, blowing a new card each time. I have tried and currently the set up is:

PiCore Version: 1.19l
    LMS Version: 7.8.0 Running on RPI Model B
    Hardware: RPI Model B & RPI Model 2B - 3A PSU
    Skin: Joggler & HD
    Audio : RPi analogue
    Options: None selected apart from Jivelite
    wifi: None
    Display : Sony KDL-40W4500

The symptoms are:
    Works fine, on some MP3s (ebedded artwork), but say choose BBC Radio 6 Music on triodes BBCiPlayer - the logo will come up as squashed in the horizonal direction and repeated twice. Try of the stored logos such as "/plugins/RadioTime/html/images/podcasts_25x25.png" displays fine. The frozen image happens when you are using joggler and the art work changes to what I suspect is something it does not support and the display freezes. Squeezelite just carries on. The HDSkin crashes as soon as you select in the menu.

I assume this has to be the interaction with the display as I've tried on 2x Pis and different versions of the release and other people get it to work. The spec says Display Resolution 1920x1080 HDMI does 1080/24p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p, 480i. One thought I've had is the display tries to switch between modes, when the "special" art work comes up, and it then holds the frame and won't reset - I'm not convinced that the frame buffer/process has crashed. The TV has no way to fix the mode.

Actually jivelite is running at 3% when on the menu but as soon as the artwork triggers the problem it drops to zero cpu, but the process exists

fbset
    mode "1824x984-0"
    #D: 0.000MHz, H: 0.000kHz, V:0.000 Hz
    geometry 1824 984 1824 984 16
    timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    accel false
    rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/16
    endmode

Does any of that help?