Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast
    I now have a NowTV remote config for Flirc dongle which I find very useful.

File attached. Needs renaming to NowTV.fcfg.

NowTV.txt

It has full Navigation Keys, Volume Up, Volume Down, Play/Pause, Home/NowPlaying, Power, Shuffle and Repeat keys.

If anyone's interested.

As posted below it only needs jivelite enabled lirc is not required.
    Music Store: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Player:
    LMS 7.9.1 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+
    Portable Server/Player: LMS 7.9.1 on HP-DV2700 Laptop/Ubuntu 17.10 with synced music drive.
    Homeplug LAN Players: Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22/HDMI/Jivelite, Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    UPNP Wifi Players: Chromecast Audio, Revo Super-Connect Radio, GGMM-E5 portable
    VPN Player: SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Jivelite setup can't find any players

Hi

I've been a long time pcp user with several pi in regular use, but I thought I'd add Jivelite to one of my pi's really just to display "now playing" content on the screen via HDMI. Installation is, of course, a breeze, Jivelite boots nicely, select a skin (HD ones didn't work, chose an SD one - fine) then get to the choose a player - and nothing .... It can't find any players. I assume this is because it's trying to find a server to list the players (even though of course i's running on the same Pi as squeezelite). The reason is no doubt that my LMS is on a different subnet, so I have to enter the LMS info manually as Auto-discover won't work. So, how can I enter the LMS IP so that Jivelite can find the server? Is there a config file somewhere I can edit? I may go with flirc later, but for now I'll just use an old Duet controller or an app on smartphone to control it.

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    ... So, how can I enter the LMS IP so that Jivelite can find the server? ...
    look here: link
    When LMS is on the same machine as squeezelite, you have to enter the IP 127.0.0.1
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2017-10-13 at 00:01.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    look here: link
    When LMS is on the same machine as squeezelite, you have to enter the IP 127.0.0.1
    Sorry - think I explained it badly. It's not the LMS that's on the same Pi as Jivelite - it's squeezelite and jivelite. Squeezelite you can enter a location for the LMS - works fine. But, jivelite seems to have it's own knowledge of server location - since it's no doubt just using the old jive auto discover stuff rather than reading from the squeezelite config. It's jivelite I'm trying to fool into knowing where the server is

Sorry - think I explained it badly. It's not the LMS that's on the same Pi as Jivelite - it's squeezelite and jivelite. Squeezelite you can enter a location for the LMS - works fine. But, jivelite seems to have it's own knowledge of server location - since it's no doubt just using the old jive auto discover stuff rather than reading from the squeezelite config. It's jivelite I'm trying to fool into knowing where the server is
    On your pi screen . . Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add New Library?

Name:  pic13-10-2017-10.25.00.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  19.9 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On your pi screen . . Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add New Library?

Name:  pic13-10-2017-10.25.00.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  19.9 KB
    Right, but the trouble is that on initial setup, you can't get past the "searching for a player" screen. I've worked around it now by running up a server quickly on the same subnet, then running the jivelite setup and then switching it to the real server. Just looking now to see if I can find the config file for future reference.

Right, but the trouble is that on initial setup, you can't get past the "searching for a player" screen. I've worked around it now by running up a server quickly on the same subnet, then running the jivelite setup and then switching it to the real server. Just looking now to see if I can find the config file for future reference.
    ah - found them in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/settings

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    I do have an unused Max2Play licence and my TV HDMI is CEC enabled. But I don't have the time to experiment I'm afraid..
    So do I. As they claim to support HDMI-CEC, I tested this, and well... It works in a very basic and still buggy way: with my Sony Bravia for example, each keystroke ist repeated 4-5 times, so it's virtually impossible to grab the jivelite menu entry you are heading for.
    I've read in their forum that a few people are complaining about this, I also posted my problem. They answered that their HDMI-CEC implementation is still beta and depends on the external libraries. I can't quite follow this argument, as HDMI-CEC is perfectly implemented in Kodi, using the same external libraries AFAIK.
    So I still have the hope that Ralphy or another wise guy might have a look at how this could be implemented for jivelite...
    Best regards
    Martin
    PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
    PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
    2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin

edit do_rebootstuff.sh ????

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Almost there, that's great!

Since you don't have the 7" rpi screen your change won't be run.

The if statement is checking the eventno for the rpi screen, comment it out.

Try this.
    Code:
    if [ "$JIVELITE" = "yes" ]; then
            echo -n "${BLUE}Starting Jivelite... ${NORMAL}"
    #        eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/FT5406 memory based driver/{for(a=0;a>=0;a++){getline;{if(/mouse/==1){ print $NF;exit 0;}}}}')
    #        if [ x"" != x"$eventno" ];then
                    export JIVE_NOCURSOR=1
    #               export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/$eventno
                    export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event2
                    export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
                    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE
    #        fi
            export HOME=/home/tc
            echo "${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
            sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    fi
    how and where can I change the do_rebootstuff.sh file in the picoreplayer environment, i managed to calibrated the 5 inch display but do not know how to editthe do_rebootstuff.sh
    Thanks Thomas

Alternative to the official Raspberry LCD

Dear all,

I use PicroePlayer on Raspberry Pi 3 with Jivelite and the official LCD for the Raspberry since many years now. A friend of mine was at home few days ago and ask me a to build the same system for him.

I've mused on the wab to find the Official Raspberry TFT LCD screen, but found it very expansive now... And seen plenty of potential alternative. I would like to now if you have some model working the same way as the official screen, especially perfect for Jivelite with a touch surface working as good as the Logitech Touch?

Thank in advance for your answers.