Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 758
  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Sorry, I don't have time to take this on.
    Ralphy,

    No problem. I already have a Lua menu running on the Pi, but can't get the DoomsdayMeta.lua demo applet working just yet.

    I hope to have some spare time during the holiday season to get a working version of my mockup.

    Regards,

    Arie

    P.S. thanks for including my VU meter in the JiveLite distro.
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2015-12-08 at 00:19.

  2. #142
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Hi,
    my x and y axes are swaped i know this can be fixed with swap_xy=1 but i don┤t know where to put this

  3. #143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4
    I am having the same problem rotating the touchinput

    The ts_calibrate and ts_test works no problem, but in jivelite the input is not swapped.

    Changing

    module linear
    to
    module linear xyswap
    in
    /tmp/tcloop/libts/usr/local/etc/ts.conf

    might do the trick, but I can't write to it - i get readonly filesystem and I don't know how to fix that ...

  4. #144
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,778
    On the tweaks tab of the picoreplayer web gui, change the 'Rotate Screen' option, save your settings and reboot.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  5. #145
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    On the tweaks tab of the picoreplayer web gui, change the 'Rotate Screen' option, save your settings and reboot.
    Thats a 180 degree rotate, and it does not work on a hdmi screen it seems.

    I need a 270 degree rotation - the display is done through config.txt and the touch I have working in ts_calibrate and ts_test, but it seems that is not used by jivelite somehow ...

    I know I'm outside what you are supporting, I have it working in m2p so I will survive - but I prefer picoreplayer and it seems to be sooo close to working

    setup:
    manga screen
    hifiberry dac+
    rpi b+

    edit:
    forgot to say, the touchscreen isworkingin jivelite,the axes are just swapped

  6. #146
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,778
    There's an environment variable you can try.

    You need to add it to the jivelite section of /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh on the line before
    export HOME=/home/tc and then reboot.

    Make sure you save your configuration before you reboot or all your changes will be lost!

    # Rotate 270 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CW

    For completeness, the other values are

    # Rotate 90 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CCW

    # Rotate 180 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=UD
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  7. #147
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There's an environment variable you can try.

    You need to add it to the jivelite section of /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh on the line before
    export HOME=/home/tc and then reboot.

    Make sure you save your configuration before you reboot or all your changes will be lost!

    # Rotate 270 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CW

    For completeness, the other values are

    # Rotate 90 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CCW

    # Rotate 180 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=UD
    You *may* be able to use [Tweaks] -> User commands to test these options.

  8. #148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There's an environment variable you can try.

    You need to add it to the jivelite section of /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh on the line before
    export HOME=/home/tc and then reboot.

    Make sure you save your configuration before you reboot or all your changes will be lost!

    # Rotate 270 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CW

    For completeness, the other values are

    # Rotate 90 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CCW

    # Rotate 180 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=UD
    Thanks! that worked.

    one of the tweaks in config.txt needed to be commented out:

    hdmi_cvt=480 800 60
    #display_rotate=3

    and I changed another line in do_rebootstuff.sh:

    eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CDC and Digitizer/{for(a=0;a>=0;a++){getline;{if(/mouse/==1){ print $NF;exit 0;}}}}')

    thanks again

  9. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by djboa View Post
    Thanks! that worked.

    one of the tweaks in config.txt needed to be commented out:

    hdmi_cvt=480 800 60
    #display_rotate=3

    and I changed another line in do_rebootstuff.sh:

    eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CDC and Digitizer/{for(a=0;a>=0;a++){getline;{if(/mouse/==1){ print $NF;exit 0;}}}}')

    thanks again
    Hi djboa,

    I also have a Manga screen. This has been gathering dust after I bought the official Pi display, but your post made me want to experiment with it again.

    I attached it to a B+/HiFiBerry Digi+ and did the following to get touch working:

    1. added the two lines as per Manga screen documentation to config.txt (hdmi_cvt=480 800 60 and display_rotate=3) and commented out lcd_rotate=2
    2. changed do_rebootstuff.sh to incorparate your change to the JiveLite section; eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CD...
    3. commented out the line which starts JiveLite; sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    4. connected a keyboard to the Pi and run ts_calibrate followed by ts_test to test the calibration
    5. execute a filetool.sh -b to save the calibration settings (I'm not sure if this is neccesary)
    6. removed the comment from item 3 and reboot


    I now have a working touch solution and there was no need to add an 'export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION' to the JiveLite section in do_rebootstuff.sh.

    I also updated the Manga screen firmware to the latest version as this version added persistent setting storage across reboots. Now I can change the backlight with the following commands:

    Code:
    stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 speed 115200 cs8 -cstopb -parenb -crtscts
    echo 'set_backlight 0' > /dev/ttyACM0 # turn off the backlight
    echo 'set_backlight 255' > /dev/ttyACM0 # maximum backlight
    There is also a config_xy command which changes the way the touch coordinate system behaves but I haven't changed this from the default setting of 0:

    • 0: Normal both for X and Y.
    • 1: X is reported inverted, so 480-X
    • 2: Y is inverted, so 800-Y
    • 3: Both X and Y are inverted.
    • 4: X and Y switched, so X is reported as Y.
    • 5: X and Y switched and Y inverted, so X is reported as 800-Y
    • 6: X and Y switched and X inverted, so Y is reported as 480-X


    You can also install minicom as a piCorePlayer extension and access the Manga screen CLI this way.

    Regards,

    Arie

  10. #150
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Hi djboa,

    I also have a Manga screen. This has been gathering dust after I bought the official Pi display, but your post made me want to experiment with it again.

    I attached it to a B+/HiFiBerry Digi+ and did the following to get touch working:

    1. added the two lines as per Manga screen documentation to config.txt (hdmi_cvt=480 800 60 and display_rotate=3) and commented out lcd_rotate=2
    2. changed do_rebootstuff.sh to incorparate your change to the JiveLite section; eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CD...
    3. commented out the line which starts JiveLite; sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    4. connected a keyboard to the Pi and run ts_calibrate followed by ts_test to test the calibration
    5. execute a filetool.sh -b to save the calibration settings (I'm not sure if this is neccesary)
    6. removed the comment from item 3 and reboot


    I now have a working touch solution and there was no need to add an 'export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION' to the JiveLite section in do_rebootstuff.sh.

    I also updated the Manga screen firmware to the latest version as this version added persistent setting storage across reboots. Now I can change the backlight with the following commands:

    Code:
    stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 speed 115200 cs8 -cstopb -parenb -crtscts
    echo 'set_backlight 0' > /dev/ttyACM0 # turn off the backlight
    echo 'set_backlight 255' > /dev/ttyACM0 # maximum backlight
    There is also a config_xy command which changes the way the touch coordinate system behaves but I haven't changed this from the default setting of 0:

    • 0: Normal both for X and Y.
    • 1: X is reported inverted, so 480-X
    • 2: Y is inverted, so 800-Y
    • 3: Both X and Y are inverted.
    • 4: X and Y switched, so X is reported as Y.
    • 5: X and Y switched and Y inverted, so X is reported as 800-Y
    • 6: X and Y switched and X inverted, so Y is reported as 480-X


    You can also install minicom as a piCorePlayer extension and access the Manga screen CLI this way.

    Regards,

    Arie
    Great, so the eventno change might be the kicker - i have also flashed the firmware. Now we just have to beg for the screen-off screensaver support

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •