Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Sorry, I don't have time to take this on.
    Ralphy,

No problem. I already have a Lua menu running on the Pi, but can't get the DoomsdayMeta.lua demo applet working just yet.

I hope to have some spare time during the holiday season to get a working version of my mockup.

Regards,

Arie

P.S. thanks for including my VU meter in the JiveLite distro.
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2015-12-08 at 00:19.

Hi,
    my x and y axes are swaped i know this can be fixed with swap_xy=1 but i don┤t know where to put this

I am having the same problem rotating the touchinput

The ts_calibrate and ts_test works no problem, but in jivelite the input is not swapped.

Changing

module linear
    to
    module linear xyswap
    in
    /tmp/tcloop/libts/usr/local/etc/ts.conf

might do the trick, but I can't write to it - i get readonly filesystem and I don't know how to fix that ...

On the tweaks tab of the picoreplayer web gui, change the 'Rotate Screen' option, save your settings and reboot.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

On the tweaks tab of the picoreplayer web gui, change the 'Rotate Screen' option, save your settings and reboot.
    Thats a 180 degree rotate, and it does not work on a hdmi screen it seems.

I need a 270 degree rotation - the display is done through config.txt and the touch I have working in ts_calibrate and ts_test, but it seems that is not used by jivelite somehow ...

I know I'm outside what you are supporting, I have it working in m2p so I will survive - but I prefer picoreplayer and it seems to be sooo close to working

setup:
    manga screen
    hifiberry dac+
    rpi b+

edit:
    forgot to say, the touchscreen isworkingin jivelite,the axes are just swapped

There's an environment variable you can try.

You need to add it to the jivelite section of /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh on the line before
    export HOME=/home/tc and then reboot.

Make sure you save your configuration before you reboot or all your changes will be lost!

# Rotate 270 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CW

For completeness, the other values are

# Rotate 90 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=CCW

# Rotate 180 degrees
    export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=UD
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

You need to add it to the jivelite section of /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh on the line before

Make sure you save your configuration before you reboot or all your changes will be lost!

# Rotate 270 degrees

# Rotate 90 degrees

# Rotate 180 degrees
    You *may* be able to use [Tweaks] -> User commands to test these options.

# Rotate 270 degrees

# Rotate 90 degrees

# Rotate 180 degrees
    Thanks! that worked.

one of the tweaks in config.txt needed to be commented out:

hdmi_cvt=480 800 60
    #display_rotate=3

and I changed another line in do_rebootstuff.sh:

eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CDC and Digitizer/{for(a=0;a>=0;a++){getline;{if(/mouse/==1){ print $NF;exit 0;}}}}')

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by djboa View Post
    Thanks! that worked.

one of the tweaks in config.txt needed to be commented out:

hdmi_cvt=480 800 60
    #display_rotate=3

and I changed another line in do_rebootstuff.sh:

eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CDC and Digitizer/{for(a=0;a>=0;a++){getline;{if(/mouse/==1){ print $NF;exit 0;}}}}')

thanks again
    Hi djboa,

I also have a Manga screen. This has been gathering dust after I bought the official Pi display, but your post made me want to experiment with it again.

I attached it to a B+/HiFiBerry Digi+ and did the following to get touch working:

1. added the two lines as per Manga screen documentation to config.txt (hdmi_cvt=480 800 60 and display_rotate=3) and commented out lcd_rotate=2
    2. changed do_rebootstuff.sh to incorparate your change to the JiveLite section; eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CD...
    3. commented out the line which starts JiveLite; sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    4. connected a keyboard to the Pi and run ts_calibrate followed by ts_test to test the calibration
    5. execute a filetool.sh -b to save the calibration settings (I'm not sure if this is neccesary)
    6. removed the comment from item 3 and reboot

I now have a working touch solution and there was no need to add an 'export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION' to the JiveLite section in do_rebootstuff.sh.

I also updated the Manga screen firmware to the latest version as this version added persistent setting storage across reboots. Now I can change the backlight with the following commands:

Code:
    stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 speed 115200 cs8 -cstopb -parenb -crtscts
    echo 'set_backlight 0' > /dev/ttyACM0 # turn off the backlight
    echo 'set_backlight 255' > /dev/ttyACM0 # maximum backlight
    There is also a config_xy command which changes the way the touch coordinate system behaves but I haven't changed this from the default setting of 0:

• 0: Normal both for X and Y.
    • 1: X is reported inverted, so 480-X
    • 2: Y is inverted, so 800-Y
    • 3: Both X and Y are inverted.
    • 4: X and Y switched, so X is reported as Y.
    • 5: X and Y switched and Y inverted, so X is reported as 800-Y
    • 6: X and Y switched and X inverted, so Y is reported as 480-X

You can also install minicom as a piCorePlayer extension and access the Manga screen CLI this way.

Regards,

Arie

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Hi djboa,

I also have a Manga screen. This has been gathering dust after I bought the official Pi display, but your post made me want to experiment with it again.

I attached it to a B+/HiFiBerry Digi+ and did the following to get touch working:

1. added the two lines as per Manga screen documentation to config.txt (hdmi_cvt=480 800 60 and display_rotate=3) and commented out lcd_rotate=2
    2. changed do_rebootstuff.sh to incorparate your change to the JiveLite section; eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/Intelligent Agent CD...
    3. commented out the line which starts JiveLite; sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh
    4. connected a keyboard to the Pi and run ts_calibrate followed by ts_test to test the calibration
    5. execute a filetool.sh -b to save the calibration settings (I'm not sure if this is neccesary)
    6. removed the comment from item 3 and reboot

I now have a working touch solution and there was no need to add an 'export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION' to the JiveLite section in do_rebootstuff.sh.

I also updated the Manga screen firmware to the latest version as this version added persistent setting storage across reboots. Now I can change the backlight with the following commands:

Code:
    stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 speed 115200 cs8 -cstopb -parenb -crtscts
    echo 'set_backlight 0' > /dev/ttyACM0 # turn off the backlight
    echo 'set_backlight 255' > /dev/ttyACM0 # maximum backlight
    There is also a config_xy command which changes the way the touch coordinate system behaves but I haven't changed this from the default setting of 0:

• 0: Normal both for X and Y.
    • 1: X is reported inverted, so 480-X
    • 2: Y is inverted, so 800-Y
    • 3: Both X and Y are inverted.
    • 4: X and Y switched, so X is reported as Y.
    • 5: X and Y switched and Y inverted, so X is reported as 800-Y
    • 6: X and Y switched and X inverted, so Y is reported as 480-X

You can also install minicom as a piCorePlayer extension and access the Manga screen CLI this way.

Regards,

Arie
    Great, so the eventno change might be the kicker - i have also flashed the firmware. Now we just have to beg for the screen-off screensaver support