Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post
    As Squeezeplug also contains the LMS server.....

can it be that on all 6 RPi's not only the player part is active but also the LMS server part? It could well be that the player part finds the first server locally on the same RPi and therefore does not connect to LMS running on your W7 box.
    Hi hsmeet,
    I doesn't install LMS on RPi.I have installed only squeezelite player on squeezeplug_rpi.Suggest me any one please am struggling from last 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Could all the RPi's somehow have same Mac address - or the squeezelite configuration, so it's confusing LMS?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Hi Tcutting,
    I have checked that also.but that doesn't have same mac address and hostname.every RPi is having different mac address and hostname.but same username(root) and password(nosoup4u) for all RPi.Is this the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by suryateja.b View Post
    Hi Tcutting,
    I have checked that also.but that doesn't have same mac address and hostname.every RPi is having different mac address and hostname.but same username(root) and password(nosoup4u) for all RPi.Is this the problem?
    Username/password does not matter, can be the same on all your players.
    Last edited by hsmeets; 2015-03-13 at 01:19.
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Username/password does not matter, can be the same on all your players.
    Yes.....but hostname is different.I changed in both the files(/etc/hosts and /etc/hostname).

Hi hsmeet,
    I doesn't install LMS on RPi.I have installed only squeezelite player on squeezeplug_rpi.Suggest me any one please am struggling from last 1 week.
    As you only use the Squeezelite part on the RPi's: have you tried with a similar software like Picoreplayer on your RPi's? If that leads to the same issue it leads me to believing that something is not quite right in your network setup.

As you only use the Squeezelite part on the RPi's: have you tried with a similar software like Picoreplayer on your RPi's? If that leads to the same issue it leads me to believing that something is not quite right in your network setup.
    Yeah...When i try to use picoreplayer on one RPi and squeezelite on one more RPi.it is showing both the RPi's.But when i try to use both as the same player(squeezelite or picorePlayer).It is showing only one player.Help me out please.....

Yeah...When i try to use picoreplayer on one RPi and squeezelite on one more RPi.it is showing both the RPi's.But when i try to use both as the same player(squeezelite or picorePlayer). It is showing only one player.Help me out please.....
    That really sounds (pun not intended) to me as a network setup issue when this also happens with picoreplayer. Although strange when you run on one rpi Picore and the other Squezeplug you seem to have no issue......from what I have seen regarding PiCorePlayer you should be able to run several in the same network without issues.

- could you post the output of the 'ifconfig' command from all six rpi's? and maybe a screenshot of the W7 ethernet status page that shows all IP settings (netmask, gateway,....)?
    - can you ping all the 6 rpi's from W7 and than run the 'arp -a' command from w7 and post the output. Also the 'arp -a' output of all RPI's.
    Last edited by hsmeets; 2015-03-13 at 03:30.

Yeah...When i try to use picoreplayer on one RPi and squeezelite on one more RPi.it is showing both the RPi's.But when i try to use both as the same player(squeezelite or picorePlayer).It is showing only one player.Help me out please.....

I'm a bit stumped with this.

have you tried resetting the Router and then connect each one seperatly.

is the hdmi out the output you want to use on each player, if so check the it is correct in squeezelite.

1.reset router

2. connect one raspberry.

3. SSH in as root.

4. at the command line promt, type squeezelite -l

5. make a note of the outputs listed.

at the command line prompt type: nano /etc/default/squeezelite

this will put you in the config file

there will be a green spot flashing in the top left screen, use the keyboard down key to move to the last two lines, which will look like this

SLOPTIONS="-n SqueezeLite -o sysdefault:CARD=Audio_1 -a :::0"

SLMAC="1e:f6:d7:be:00:ad"

check that the highlighted words maqtch the output that you want to use, if not,

you need to replace the highlighted words withe the new ones.

when you have done that,

pres the control key and x key together,
    press the y key to accept the changes
    then press Esc to take you back to the command line prompt.

Type: sudo shutdown -r now press the enter key and the pi should reboot.

6. go to the LMS webgui and select the player you want to listen to.

In the left hand pane click on Extras>Music Source and select the LMS on your server.

make sure that it all works and plays OK.

Then repeat with another raspeberry, plug it in and see if you can select it in the webgui, if so repeat the process to check the output is corrct in sloptions.

i can't think of anything else, I think it must be a network problem.

sorry for the long post.

hope you get it all working.

ronnie

That really sounds (pun not intended) to me as a network setup issue when this also happens with picoreplayer. Although strange when you run on one rpi Picore and the other Squezeplug you seem to have no issue......from what I have seen regarding PiCorePlayer you should be able to run several in the same network without issues.

- could you post the output of the 'ifconfig' command from all six rpi's? and maybe a screenshot of the W7 ethernet status page that shows all IP settings (netmask, gateway,....)?
    - can you ping all the 6 rpi's from W7 and than run the 'arp -a' command from w7 and post the output. Also the 'arp -a' output of all RPI's.
    I have removed all RPi's and connected only one Rpi to the network and the server is connected.Rpi ifconfig and arp -a result is this.PFA.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

at what IP is the LMS running: 192.168.3.137?